England goes into new lockdown as COVID-19 variant rampages

webfact

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

We had a PM and Health Minister going around not socially distancing, shaking hands, telling the public face coverings weren’t necessary and then surprise surprise they both caught it. 

Then BJ best mate Cummings gets caught breaking the rules and gets the full backing of the PM and has to make a cringeworthy statement and makes himself a laughing stock trying to convince the public he had to go out and test his eyes. 

It promoted a “one rule for us........” from the off so it’s not surprising no one took them serious and many still don’t. 

Ok. Thanks for clarifying that. I agree 100% that the government - and Johnson in particular - has undermined his message by his behaviour. Nevertheless - and notwithstanding all that - it doesn't negate the fact that if this lockdown is to achieve its objectives, then individuals need to follow the rules.

39 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Yes but you are special as you can tell if someone has Covid without seeing them or testing them

Your radiologist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating disease and injury, using medical imaging techniques such as x-rays, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nuclear medicine, positron emission tomography (PET), fusion imaging, and ultrasound.

https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=article-your-radiologist#:~:text=Your radiologist is a medical,%2C fusion imaging%2C and ultrasound.

You really think it necessary to google his profession and post here? Lol.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Mr Cummings drove his family to Durham to stay at his father's farm on the evening of 27 March, after his wife fell ill and suspecting that he might soon fall ill. The next day he developed coronavirus symptoms and was self-isolating.

Isn't that amazing - His wife, Boris and Hancock all sick on the same day. He was sick the next day. Let's not forget he worked in the same office advising Boris. He is Boris' closest advisor. 

2 of them are confirmed COVID, but the other two? Oh, they only had covid symptoms and didn't bother getting tested. 

Can you seriously believe that he had the flu. In early April. When all his closest colleagues had covid?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Isn't that amazing - His wife, Boris and Hancock all sick on the same day. He was sick the next day. Let's not forget he worked in the same office advising Boris. He is Boris' closest advisor. 

2 of them are confirmed COVID, but the other two? Oh, they only had covid symptoms and didn't bother getting tested. 

Can you seriously believe that he had the flu. In early April. When all his closest colleagues had covid?

As far as I know they both worked in Number 10 which has many offices I don't think Boris and cummings worked in the same office

As for Flu I will refer you to the spector article

Number of death registered by week in England and Wales, 28 December 2019 to 31 July 2020

for March 2020 April 2020 number of deaths were between  1696 and 2367 each week you have to wait until may  8th 2020 where is drops to 994 and during the summer number of deaths range from 879 to 1100

On 1/5/2021 at 5:14 AM, RichardColeman said:

Being stuck away from Thailand and the family in a UK bed and breakfast, in a 10ft square room, if they think I'm staying in 23 hours a day they can get knotted ! What's the worst they can do, put me in a 10ft square prison room, with 3 square meals an exercise every day ,with no bills, free tv and a library ? 

your attitude is why it is so bad in the UK, everyone knows better than the people that matter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

your attitude is why it is so bad in the UK, everyone knows better than the people that matter

Not at all - mental health is as important as covid risk and a walk along the beach, 50ft away from anyone is not going to spread a disease like a idiotic raver is it. You need to wake up if you think everyone who wants go out feels the need to gather on groups of a 100 !

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2021 at 10:32 PM, RichardColeman said:

Not at all - mental health is as important as covid risk and a walk along the beach, 50ft away from anyone is not going to spread a disease like a idiotic raver is it. You need to wake up if you think everyone who wants go out feels the need to gather on groups of a 100 !

I don't think anyone is doubting the importance of trying to maintain a good mental state, especially in the current circumstances. Anyone who has - or has had a history of - mental health disorders has my sympathy: Individuals in these categories caught breaking the lockdown rules would, I hope, be treated sympathetically by the authorities. 

However, in the absence of any such issues, your intended behaviour is nothing but selfishness. What if the rest of the county/ country has the same idea and spends a day at the beach? Bang goes social distancing. You might counter that this situation will not arise, and you might well be correct. This is because others are keeping to the very same rules that you casually disregard.

You are not going to spread disease like an "idiotic raver". Once again probably correct, but your flouting of the rules probably makes them think that they can also do so.

In an earlier post, you stated that your family is in Thailand. I have recently finished the mandatory 15 day quarantine which I adhered to. However, let"s assume my Covid test before departure had returned a false negative (+/- 10% chance I believe?). If then I had decided - before my second test on Day 6 - that being locked up 24/7 wasn't for me and I went for a wander around your neighborhood where, unfortunately, I managed to infect one of your family, I wonder whether you would be quite so nonchalant about someone who flouted the rules?

• Thanks 1