Chonburi governor implements stricter measures to control COVID-19

webfact

Chonburi governor implements stricter measures to control COVID-19

pattaya-city.jpg

File photo for reference only

Chonburi Governor Phakthorn Thianchai on Monday announced a series of new measures to help limit the spread of the coronavirus.

The  measures are in addition to those implemented by the Thai government on Sunday evening.

The order classifies districts in the province in to the following zones:

Highly controlled (red)  zone:

Banglamung and Sriracha

Controlled (orange) zone:

Mueang Chonburi and Sattahip

High monitored (yellow) zone:

Ban Bueang 

Monitored (green) zone:

Phan Thong , Ban Phanat Nikhom , Bo Thong , Nong Yai , Koh Chan and Koh Si Chang

Venues ordered closed

• Entertainment - all bars, pubs, gogos, gentlemen clubs nightclubs and similar
  • Cock and fish fighting venues, boxing venues
  • All educational institutions, no exceptions
  • Indoor play centres
  • Public swimming pools, including hotel pools - check with your condo/development, although your communal pool will likely be closed
  • Nursery/day care centres
  • Cinemas and theatres
  • Snooker halls, bowling, skate parks, rollerblading venues and similar
  • Massage shops, beauty clinics, spas, soapy massage
  • Indoor fitness centres
  • Internet cafes/gaming  shops/arcades or similar
  • Banquet halls/meeting rooms/conference facilities
  • Convenience stores to close from  10pm to 5am

Venues permitted to remain open under strict measures

• Restaurants, street food vendors with seating can serve dine in customers between 6am to 9pm, takeaway only thereafter. Alcohol can be purchased for takeaway only
  • Department stores, malls and supermarkets can remain open
  • Public parks, beaches, outdoor exercise areas can remain open
  • Wholesale outlets 
  • Beauty salons/hairdressers/barber shops can open providing the appointment  takes not longer  than 2 hours. 
  • Golf courses can open, expect for clubhouse, shower rooms
  • Pet grooming venues
  • Hotels

The order also states that mask wearing when outside is mandatory. Those not wearing a mask could be fined up to 20,000 baht.

People are urged not to travel unless absolutely necessary.

Anyone who fails to comply with measures faces fines of up to 100,000 baht.

Source: Chonburi PR

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-05

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

If they are serious, it does not seem strict enough.

There are places on the open list that seem more vulnerable for contagion then closed,

The most effective rule is NOT travel from province to province. And they have done that also. Good news.

All the other measures is to make sure the residents have a bit more fun then last time.

• Like 1

our flights back to Bangkok and our taxi to Chon Buri are booked the wife has had a few

calls saying we cannot go back to where we live ? my visa needs renewing in the next ten

days .....are we now allowed to stay in Udon Thani without a visa ? and obviously i will not

have to pay my rent as i am not allowed to go there ? The wife has had a call from her family

so after two months we will have to stay until i get locked up for overstay ? what is absolutely necessary ? 

39 minutes ago, zoza said:

our flights back to Bangkok and our taxi to Chon Buri are booked the wife has had a few

calls saying we cannot go back to where we live ? my visa needs renewing in the next ten

days .....are we now allowed to stay in Udon Thani without a visa ? and obviously i will not

have to pay my rent as i am not allowed to go there ? The wife has had a call from her family

so after two months we will have to stay until i get locked up for overstay ? what is absolutely necessary ? 

I'm not a lawyer...

but heading back to where you live is to my knowledge "necessary" and permitted.  Even if you did not make it back, I'm sure your rent is owed too. But you should be able to get back.  Immigration offices are open as well.

I believe you will have 14 day quarantine in BKK and then another 14 in chonburi though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zoza said:

If you just land at BKK airport, then taxi directly to Chonburi you should not be subject to quarantine.

Last time it was not required.  But, you will need to show proof of your residence as a legitimate reason for going into Chonburi.  Again, last time they had a form for you to fill out to present to officers at the checkpoints with an explanation when entering the province.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dart12 said:

I believe you will have 14 day quarantine in BKK and then another 14 in chonburi though.

Where is this coming from? Quarantine is obligatory when flying in from overseas,  but I did not know inter-Province travel required it.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Where is this coming from? Quarantine is obligatory when flying in from overseas,  but I did not know inter-Province travel required it.

If you go from Bangkok to Buriram now, or to Korat, you'll be asked to quarantine for 14 days.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

f you go from Bangkok to Buriram now, or to Korat, you'll be asked to quarantine for 14 days.

What about Bangkok to Pattaya, you do quarantine in bangkok, and after another quarantine in pattaya? In another hotel or can self isolate at home?

1 hour ago, teriyaki said:

What about Bangkok to Pattaya, you do quarantine in bangkok, and after another quarantine in pattaya? In another hotel or can self isolate at home?

I don't think any monitoring right now.  But if you don't get here soon I think lockdown is gonna happen and make everything more difficult and more monitored.

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Asked, or forced?  Big difference.  

I think the text translation states that "anyone entering from "red zone" must quarantine for 14 days. You can add Chiang Mai to the list of those provinces. And they'll even force you to install another app to track you... CM Chana!

So yes, it's not asked. It's forced.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I think the text translation states that "anyone entering from "red zone" must quarantine for 14 days. You can add Chiang Mai to the list of those provinces. And they'll even force you to install another app to track you... CM Chana!

So yes, it's not asked. It's forced.

They better build more field hospitals then, and have the Thai army patrol them.