Bitcoin or Gold  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes I  like ethereum better. Bought some last month, made some cash and got out. Again, the strategy I guess is to buy and hold. But, at some point taking profits makes sense as well.

Edited by gyps
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, gyps said:

Yes I  like ethereum better. Bought some last month, made some cash and got out. Again, the strategy I guess is to buy and hold. But, at some point taking profits makes sense as well.

Getting out at the start of a bull cycle? I understand taking profit, but ETH is going to around $7k this year IMO.

56 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I good friend was reluctant to buy BTC at 12,000 but I pointed out that Microstrategy, Gretscale, and other large companies and billionaires had just bought. He then bought 4 BTC and some ETH and is up over $100,000 in a couple of months.

I believe those who say $33k is too much will look back in 1 month and wish they had bought. BTC will be $50k ish by the end of the month, possibly sooner. 

Ethereum is also the hot new ticket with stablecoins now being approved for use.  Smart contracts will continue to be developed as both Bitcoin and Ethereum with the new 2.0 roll upwards.  Might be some volatile periods but the two will leave the others behind.  Sitting pretty myself because of my purchases back in 2016.  Sold some off after it hit 30k to buy my daughter a house in the US. Luckily i placed some of the cash in an account to pay the taxes the IRS is sure to hit me with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I have noticed people who own Bitcoin or other variants always

are rallying people to join them and buy,buy ,buy......I wonder why,

no I think I know ...

regards Worgeordie

I don't think anyone is rallying here. Would you buy gold now rather that digital assets?

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ethereum is also the hot new ticket with stablecoins now being approved for use.  Smart contracts will continue to be developed as both Bitcoin and Ethereum with the new 2.0 roll upwards.  Might be some volatile periods but the two will leave the others behind.  Sitting pretty myself because of my purchases back in 2016.  Sold some off after it hit 30k to buy my daughter a house in the US. Luckily i placed some of the cash in an account to pay the taxes the IRS is sure to hit me with.

Lovely! I never got in until early 2017. Bitcoin is for keeping your profits but altcoins are for making profits, IMHO. I am big on Polkadot, LINK, and Uniswap.

I could withdraw profits now and buy my eldest daughter a nice condo in Bangkok but hate to take profits now when things are just starting. 

I got my sister to invest in Ethereum last year, and she has made 400% already. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What would you buy right now -  BTC or gold?

I think that BTC is going to take the gold market, but I could be wrong. 

BTC just passed 1,000,000 baht! I started buying it when it was 88,000 baht and survived and Hodled a long 3 -year bear market.  I remember being ridiculed here by some  gold maximalists ????

What Thai platform do you use to buy BTC in Thailand nowadays?

14 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I couldn't sleep at night with any more than 5% of my liquid assets in anything!

A friend of mine who was voted a top investor warned me it would be a rollercoaster ride.

The only time I can't sleep is when there is a bull cycle.

I've got 90% of my liquid assets in crypto. 50% in BTC and 50% in altcoins.

In 2016, I thought I would be working until I died, and this year I plan to retire, aged 55. 

I was not heavily invested in BTC(but altcoins - DOT, ETH, UNI, OMG, BNB, LINK,) until I watched this video. BTC has gone up 60% since then, less than 1 month ago. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2