Bitcoin or Gold?

Bitcoin or Gold  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yeah, I'm thinking more and more about land. Do you think it's a good time to buy? 

If you're talking about local land, then all year this year and next year should be a real estate market RIPE with foreclosures and people generally needing to generate some liquidity.      

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have moved over half my holdings into ethereum over the past 18 months with the last purchase in October.  Looking stellar as of now with good potential to grow over time as the project becomes more widely used by companies like Visa.

• Like 1

if gold price is dropping what are those digits next to Thai gold shops are?

Now its "24500", last year it was "17800" (37% increase), I always thought it is a price of gold in that shop.

6 hours ago, fdsa said:

Now its "24500", last year it was "17800" (37% increase), I always thought it is a price of gold in that shop.

OK not last year but two years ago. I've just checked Google Street View history of the nearby gold shop: 18500 in 2019, 27000 in 2020, 25000 today.

So if one bought gold in 2019 they got 35% profit, quite good.

18500.jpg

On 4/12/2021 at 11:24 AM, fdsa said:

if gold price is dropping what are those digits next to Thai gold shops are?

That's a pawn shop, not a gold shop.

On 1/5/2021 at 12:26 PM, Neeranam said:

Bitkub.com 

I also use Crypto.com as they give me a debit card where I get 5% cashback, well cryptoback. 

How's that debit card working out for you? Is it working alright in Thailand?...I am interested...

6 hours ago, TGM said:

How's that debit card working out for you? Is it working alright in Thailand?...I am interested...

It's great, but actually only get 4% now. I can use it for most things. Just paid for 4 DTAC phone bills getting 100 baht back. I am thinking of upgrading to get a higher percentage. 

Another good thing, the CRO I bought and staked(at 20% pa) has increased by 50% ????

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

It's great, but actually only get 4% now. I can use it for most things. Just paid for 4 DTAC phone bills getting 100 baht back. I am thinking of upgrading to get a higher percentage. 

Another good thing, the CRO I bought and staked(at 20% pa) has increased by 50% ????

yeah 180days is a decent time not to mess with what you have staked and give the markets time to grow if u look past the daily ups&downs. However 400'000 usd 'buy-in' is too heavy for me, i will settle for one of the lesser ones, thanks for your quick reply!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TGM said:

However 400'000 usd 'buy-in' is too heavy for me

yea, staking so much to just be allowed to use the debit card (still limited BTW!) feels a bit scammy to me. I'd rather buy few different stakeable shítcoins and will earn %s by staking them.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, Neeranam said:

Gold - $1943

Btc- $30,500

Gold - $1825

Btc- $50,500

Gold is making a bit of a recovery. I think I might get some soon, after the next leg of the Bitcoin bull cycle. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, Neeranam said:

Gold - $1943

Btc- $30,500

At the time the poll was made. 

Let's revisit in the future. 

7 months on - anyone still prefer gold?

Gold $1,740   -10%

Bitcoin $46,000  +47.5%

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Never thought I'd see the day when JP Morgan were saying BTC is better than gold.

That is what these folks say to make weak hands let go the real physical stuff so they can snatch it up ????

Only half kidding if you know JP's history with Silver

All that aside it is not even a contest..Precious metals have been money for centuries & will continue after each & every fiat currencies fails.

BTW: Every single one has failed eventually & those today standing are just more examples headed that way

Bitcoin.... smitcoin...you could have been buying Tulips...same same

Sure all pyramids make money for the early arrivals but not one has stood the test of time

There is one money it is Gold & Silver

There are many currencies

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1