Bitcoin or Gold?

Bitcoin or Gold  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

If people believe in Bitcoin, that makes it valuable.

If people stop believing in paper money, it will collapse, like it has done many times in the past.

I didn't say that paper money was an alternative, we were asked Bitcoin or gold.   Paper money is backed by the Country's  Central Bank, Bitcoin is a computer algorithm backed by nobody. Big difference. 

Just now, david555 said:

Gold ! "as they can not print Gold ...." nor put with digital Keystrokes ????

But in large part it still comes back to belief/trust/confidence.....okay gold does have industrial uses, but its price and fluctuations in price are down to humans and their FOMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

But you could be telling your grand children when BC is $250,000 that you had the chance to buy for $33,000.....who knows?

But you could also tell them that on a certain moment all your bitcoin disappeared ...hacked ..... not the first time it happened ...! And sure not the last one  ????  ????  

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotYourBusiness said:

Silver. A bit outdated, but still a SHOCKING graphic here:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization-2020/

Then you will know why I love silver.

Didn't two brothers try to corner the market once.....actually built their own warehouses to store it all?

1 minute ago, david555 said:

But you could also tell them that on a certain moment all your bitcoin disappeared ...hacked ..... not the first time it happened ...! And sure not the last one  ????  ????  

You could also tell them you had the chance to by Apple shares when they were very very cheap as another example.

But you're right, it could go either way.

A friend of mine got into bit coin for $10,000 worth 2016/17 i think ( 10 coins ),  he's sitting pretty right now.

24 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I didn't say that paper money was an alternative, we were asked Bitcoin or gold.   Paper money is backed by the Country's  Central Bank, Bitcoin is a computer algorithm backed by nobody. Big difference. 

My Grandmother after WW2  lost at big lot  money she made as a Tabaco shop in black market times..... made big  money , as on a sudden day our gov. called all money void , and must change to new bill .....at a lower value .....  so that is why  "they can not print gold " .... but on paper ...... you are at the mercy of politicians & gov. people ..... with a stroke of a pen ...! 

Edited by david555

My Grandmother after WW2  lost at big lot  money she made as a Tabaco shop in black market times..... made big  money , as on a sudden day our gov. called all money void , and must change to new bill .....at a lower value .....  so that is why  "they can not print gold " .... but on paper ...... you are at the mercy of politicians & gov. people ..... with a stroke of a pen ...! 

India did something similar a couple of years ago???.....cancelled all large denomination notes??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You could also tell them you had the chance to by Apple shares when they were very very cheap as another example.

But you're right, it could go either way.

A friend of mine got into bit coin for $10,000 worth 2016/17 i think ( 10 coins ),  he's sitting pretty right now.

depending the choice of this  poll .... if you are a gambler or not one ....it makes  the choice 

depending the choice of this  poll .... if you are a gambler or not one ....it makes  the choice 

If you've got a spare XXXX of money and you're unsure what to do BC is ( IMO ) a decent gamble over gold, returns have the potential to be much much more in a much shorter period.

Comments of buying gold at 6000 baht per baht weight and selling at 26000 per baht weight over a 15-20 year period is a good return if you've invested a large capital only.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

India did something similar a couple of years ago???.....cancelled all large denomination notes??

that was only the bills , not the money , in my granny's case it was same moment same as a lower value forth currency ..... not exactly the same .... but never the less  a warning what can happen with that "paper bill"

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If you've got a spare XXXX of money and you're unsure what to do BC is ( IMO ) a decent gamble over gold, returns have the potential to be much much more in a much shorter period.

Comments of buying gold at 6000 baht per baht weight and selling at 26000 per baht weight over a 15-20 year period is a good return if you've invested a large capital only.

Right , that is why i called it a gamble .... hoping for quick gain .... or sudden losses , while gold is a security , a insurance ..... normally not comparable with each other ...  as different purposes 

• Haha 1

Right , that is why i called it a gamble .... hoping for quick gain .... or sudden losses , while gold is a security , a insurance ..... normally not comparable with each other ...  as different purposes 

Gold is a safe hedge yes but requires significant capital to be worth it.

BC has the potentially for massive returns on a relatively small investment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Hence again the gamblers blood talks ....????????

13 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Yes, i'd take the risk for sure.

I actually had about 2kg of gold here that i made decent money on when Brexit was announced, i should have put all that into BC at the time........i'd be very happy right now had i done, that's for sure!

I regret too .... that i did not filled in those winning numbers for my country's Lotto or  Euro millions ????..would , could , if , ......

we don't have the right Chrystal ball ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I might hedge my crypto in a year or so with gold. 

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

That was pure luck actually as I got married in 2001. 

The upside to BTC is much higher than gold. 

• Like 2

Bought 20.027 of ether when it was at $474.20 a coin after selling off my 24 Lite Coin's near it's peak of $420 a few months earlier.  Should have waited but as a HODLER its near $21,000 USD.  So my money has more than doubled on that transaction and if it heads upwards to even $2,000 USD it just gets better.  Bought my Lite Coin when it was at $85 a coin.  Never have taken any of the profits out on those coins just my Bitcoin sales to finance the house for the daughter and to buy my car outright.  I will let it sit.  If it goes to hell in a hand basket, well I have already profited from what I initially invested back in 2015.  My Stock portfolio has only been averaging 5.6% with my pick of stocks.   

Buy both, for any amount of money that you do not plan to use in med-term. Gold price raised 25% 2019/2020, BTC price raised 300%, if you find good source add palladium (less weight and price raise faster) it was 60% 2019/2020.