Bitcoin or Gold?

Bitcoin or Gold  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 1/29/2022 at 10:55 AM, Neeranam said:

Another former BTC basher changes his mind.

And Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman weights in: Highly risky financial products that nobody understands are sold to the least sophisticated buyers, who will be hurt the most from a collapse, and regulators are doing nothing about it. So echoes of the subprime mortgage crisis.

Where was your “former BTC basher” in the subprime mortgage crisis? ???? At least this time for Goldman Sachs, they are only allowed to sell crypto to their affluent customers, and only if the customer asks for it themselves (iirc).

Edited by lkn
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, lkn said:

And Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman weights in: Highly risky financial products that nobody understands are sold to the least sophisticated buyers, who will be hurt the most from a collapse, and regulators are doing nothing about it.

Not true. Many people understand, just buy and HODL, not rocket science. No one who bought BTC and waited 3 years is down. 

I have recovered almost all my investment in cryptos and I am still a crypto HODL. I bought one BTC for 7K and sold 0.5 when it reached 15K to recover my investment. I bought 7 ASIC miners for around 10K and sold mined LTCs to recover my investment and still holding 35 LTC and they continue to mine everyday. Then I bought $100 worth of SHIB (more than a million SHIB and still holding. So that's all my crypto HODL. Now waiting for it either to go to zero or millions. I really don't care. 

The problem with crypto is I have yet to figure out the underlying value of crypto except what the next person is going to pay for it just like a piece of art. I understand the underlying value of stocks and real estate which have made me a millionaire like one of those 20 million Americans. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Like 2

Guys,

If you wonder so much about bitcoin's numbers, take a look at stocks of Occidental Petroleum. It added ~300% in the last 2 years.

It is not so much lottery as Bitcoin, but an existing multibillion dollar company...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

1 year 1 month later;-

Gold - $1822  -6%

BTC - $44,400 +46%

What about standard deviation for these periods? How about calculating your return (or loss) if you DCA into BTC with a fixed amount per week or month?

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, Neeranam said:

Gold - $1943

Btc- $30,500

At the time the poll was made. 

Let's revisit in the future. 

I'm surprised that gold leads the poll. 

Today after the biggest crypto crash :cheesy:

BTC - $30,600

Gold  - $1,824

Which would you have rather bought?

Which would you buy now?

You could have sold your BTC for 100% profit. 

I know what I am buying. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

BTC - $30,600

Gold  - $1,824

Which would you buy now?

I know what I am buying. 

Keep pushing Neeranam .........Bitcoin will only go up again

if they find new buyers.....

regards Worgeordie

29 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

BTC - $30,600

Gold  - $1,824

Which would you buy now?

I know what I am buying. 

Oh ! now less  than 25K , definitely time to buy .......if you are very brave...????

regards Worgeordie 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Oh ! now less  than 25K , definitely time to buy .......if you are very brave...????

regards Worgeordie 

Hasn't seen 25k since the end of 2020.  30k is the 'new' low since.  Until it isn't, and will probably get back to the 10-15k range.

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Hasn't seen 25k since the end of 2020.  30k is the 'new' low since.  Until it isn't, and will probably get back to the 10-15k range.

A YT'er named Wolf of Wall Street publish an interesting vid today where he claimed either about 14K or 8K which is roughly inline with your predictions. I'm going to start DCA'ing in below 10K if we get that low.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

A YT'er named Wolf of Wall Street publish an interesting vid today where he claimed either about 14K or 8K which is roughly inline with your predictions. I'm going to start DCA'ing in below 10K if we get that low.

I discovered years back, I seem to have a hidden talent for reading chart, trends and the market.  After that initial 'loss education' anyway ????  My brother would find them, then I'd pick them apart, and with the keepers we manage to get some good one.  

He was bit emotional about them, hence still at it instead of retiring.  Seemed to hold on to them just a little too long.  I had my profit / loss margins, and stuck to them.  Don't think I've done a trade in about 15 yrs.

Happy trading

On 1/29/2022 at 9:55 AM, Neeranam said:

Goldman Sachs....the firm that gave the world Synthetic CDO Squareds with CDS Yield Enhancement kickers.

Those turned out well.

Lloyd Blankfein was GS CEO at that time. Without the bailout, Goldman was on the verge of going all Lehman Brothers, and Lloyd would have just been another Dick Fuld or Jimmy Cayne.

Best not to live in an echo chamber. (www.cryptoglobe.com)

1 minute ago, Walker88 said:

Goldman Sachs....the firm that gave the world Synthetic CDO Squareds with CDS Yield Enhancement kickers.

Those turned out well.

Lloyd Blankfein was GS CEO at that time. Without the bailout, Goldman was on the verge of going all Lehman Brothers, and Lloyd would have just been another Dick Fuld or Jimmy Cayne.

Best not to live in an echo chamber. (www.cryptoglobe.com)

Towards the end of the housing bubble, when Goldman was still wildly short CDSs and in great pain (but able to mark to market as they chose, because such ISDA products are a dark private market), Goldman let John Paulson create a synthetic with hand-picked subprime mortgages with ARMs (every mortgage was selected according to how bad the borrowers' FICO score was), sold off the ugly side to Goldman customers, and joined Paulson with a position that would benefit from a housing collapse. That allowed Goldman to neutralize their position to some extent, so that they could begin to mark to market fairly.

I might quote Pee Wee Herman before I would use a testimonial from Blankfein.