Bitcoin or Gold?

Bitcoin or Gold  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Good question to which I don't know the answer. I educate my children on digital assets. Actually, it is because of these assets that one can study at ABAC(private uni in Bkk). Both my kids own OMG, XRP, BTC, LINK. The only other assets I will have are gold, land, house, cars, which will automatically go to my wife, if she outlives me. 

I plan to have a folder with all my accounts, passwords, and instructions. 

Don't think I need a lawyer.

Have my coinbase account listed in the Family trust as an asset.  All of the log in information is in my Safety deposit box the trustee will have access to when I kick off many moons from now as I am a young man still....lol

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Have my coinbase account listed in the Family trust as an asset.  All of the log in information is in my Safety deposit box the trustee will have access to when I kick off many moons from now as I am a young man still....lol

i see you left your keys on the table though....yoink. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mr mr said:

bought over 2 years ago around 8k. just sold all this morning at 36.5. i think a huge dump is coming. the long term is still there but so much new money has poured in me thinks the rug is about to be pulled. 

Nice profit. Are you going to buy back if there is consolidation?

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Nice profit. Are you going to buy back if there is consolidation?

i'm hoping to get in at 18 to 22. if it never happens i am fine with that too. i have much more into alts and will continue to wait on those. the next month will be interesting. 

this morning in 2 hours i watched the crypto market cap go up 20 billion dollars. that's a lot of money. 

• Like 2

Ethereum is climbing back to its all time high from 2018.  Sitting at $1215 per coin as of now.  Estimates are upwards to double that amount or even more with the new banking adoption and the Ethereum 2.0 roll-out.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, Neeranam said:

Gold - $1943

Btc- $30,500

At the time the poll was made. 

Let's revisit in the future. 

I'm surprised that gold leads the poll. 

2 days on 

Gold $1920

btc $37,500

A good explanation and prediction of BTC from Max Keiser. Also explains why it's not a Ponzi. Max is a large holder of gold and BTC. He explains why gold is not very liquid.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, mr mr said:

i'm hoping to get in at 18 to 22. if it never happens i am fine with that too. i have much more into alts and will continue to wait on those. the next month will be interesting. 

this morning in 2 hours i watched the crypto market cap go up 20 billion dollars. that's a lot of money. 

Interesting. I was going to do the same but my plan has changed. I have more money in alts and am going to take profits when/if they x10 from when I bought. 

I think the alts could peak and crash in 1 month. 

I've watched the total market cap increase buy $700,000,000 in 3 months! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mr mr said:

for the last 10 years bitcoin has been the number 1 performing asset on planet earth. over 9 million percent return. all you have to do is buy and hold and you will make money. 

You are not familliar with Pyramid system ....all make money ....from who ?..

..as only winning can be from others loosing ...or.....it is virtual money ...????

Take the example as every bitcoin owner go cash-in his coins same moment ...

Signed...Gordon Gecko....????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

A new high north of USD $37 800,00 for Bitcoin to start the day.  It is no wonder that many who do not hold it, nor even understand its power, continue to decry it!

And yes, it is overdue a major correction. Pull-backs are healthy. Ask anyone who has traded currencies or stocks or BTC itself.  The price trajectory in the long term is upward, and hence why many of us early-adopters are hodlers.  Basically, the bull run has not really got started yet.

If the US makes it illegal to turn bitcoin into fiat, the UK and EU will follow suit. What do you think will happen to the price of bitcoin?

One of the foundational pillars of BTC is that it is totally removed from central control.  If anything, such hypothetical, but absolutely unrealistic, sanctions by any of the central banks could act as a catalyst to propel the BTC price to go higher, and not lower. Its stand-alone fundamentals would be confirmed. Its momentum now is probably unstoppable, even by the US Treasury, whose Secretary will be out the door shortly, and the best course of action would be to somehow regulate it.  If the US is not careful, it could be left behind in the crypto race.  Max Keiser mentions a "sputnik" moment (1957 and not in the '60's). Crypto market cap now at $1tn could now be that moment for the US.

And more importantly, never forget bitcoin is NOT anonymous. All transactions that you have ever done are recorded in the blockchain. This means you only really need to have one transaction where your identity was identified (such as converting to fiat in an exchange) to tie all your wallets and bitcoin together.

Fear-mongering to try to prove a point. Possible, in theory, but highly impracticable. First things first, it would require tax legislation, which could not be implemented retroactively.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, david555 said:

You are not familliar with Pyramid system ....all make money ....from who ?..

..as only winning can be from others loosing ...or.....it is virtual money ...????

Take the example as every bitcoin owner go cash-in his coins same moment ...

Signed...Gordon Gecko....????

ok but see the thing is. whoever bought my bitcoin that i sold today....if they hold for 2 years and sell they will make money. everyone who holds bitcoin right now is in the green. 

what happens when companies like say apple or tesla put half their books into btc ? 100 % returns year after year are hard to turn down when you have greedy shareholders and what not. 

imagine apple put 25 percent of their holdings into btc. 200 percent market cap increase over night. pretty close to it anyways. 

calling it a scheme etc now is just silly when you have so much real money pouring in. institutions and big big money holders all wrong ??? 

greyscale bought like 25k bitcoin in a single day or something. how many bulbs is that ? 

Edited by mr mr
  • Like 2

One should definitely lock in one's profits when dealing with anything.   I know folks who steadfastly refused to sell homes on Sukhumvit that are now in shadows of towering condos.  Sure, their value is there on paper, but one certainly can't live there anymore (and unless you have poor relatives, it's a care taking type liability) and the best case scenario most of these properties have is having CP/7-11 as a tenant (and contrary to popular belief, they don't just open anywhere).   

Gold/land/buildings = mostly risk off.  Btc = risk on.  What's life without a little risk on?

That said, IMHO... if you aren't already in, now isn't the time to join the party.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heng said:

One should definitely lock in one's profits when dealing with anything.   I know folks who steadfastly refused to sell homes on Sukhumvit that are now in shadows of towering condos.  Sure, their value is there on paper, but one certainly can't live there anymore (and unless you have poor relatives, it's a care taking type liability) and the best case scenario most of these properties have is having CP/7-11 as a tenant (and contrary to popular belief, they don't just open anywhere).   

Gold/land/buildings = mostly risk off.  Btc = risk on.  What's life without a little risk on?

That said, IMHO... if you aren't already in, now isn't the time to join the party.

Long time no see! Things have certainly changed a lot since our old debates ????

Sadly, the British embassy sold their prime land in Chidlom. 

My old landlady on Suk soi 49 sold up the land she bought when it was rice fields, again for insane profits.

5 minutes ago, mr mr said:

shout out to the buy high sell low crew...... putting in work. 

As max Keiser said in previous vdo, $220,000 high in 2021, still a good time to get in, if he's right. He was right for his 2020 prediction. He also predicted $3000 for gold. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Long time no see! Things have certainly changed a lot since our old debates ????

Sadly, the British embassy sold their prime land in Chidlom. 

My old landlady on Suk soi 49 sold up the land she bought when it was rice fields, again for insane profits.

Howdy Neeranam.  Always glad to see one of the old forum 'crew.'   Can't even remember what we used to debate about!  LOL.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

As max Keiser said in previous vdo, $220,000 high in 2021, still a good time to get in, if he's right. He was right for his 2020 prediction. He also predicted $3000 for gold. 

One of the things that bothers me about those super frequent 'expert opinions' on Youtube... it totally feels like they are just shilling it... (and it's still a shill even if those doing it are successful and the logic kind of makes sense, right?)

As for predictions... everyone has one.   Mine is $72k by February 17 and I'm going to buy something completely irresponsible.            

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heng said:

One of the things that bothers me about those super frequent 'expert opinions' on Youtube... it totally feels like they are just shilling it... (and it's still a shill even if those doing it are successful and the logic kind of makes sense, right?)

As for predictions... everyone has one.   Mine is $72k by February 17 and I'm going to buy something completely irresponsible.            

double in just over another month ? so a repeat of the last few weeks then lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Heng said:

One month ago, my prediction for end of January was 65k, but things change, there are many more factors to take into account and trends on graphs.

Personally, I think the schilling days ended years ago. Some of the lesser alt coins, for sure but not ETH, BTC. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, mr mr said:

ok but see the thing is. whoever bought my bitcoin that i sold today....if they hold for 2 years and sell they will make money. everyone who holds bitcoin right now is in the green. 

That provrs the Pyramid ...just shifing it to the next one ....hence keep it for a while and then cash it .....is same as filling a hole with sand by using it from another place...

But i am only answeing the poll bitcoin or gold ... my choice gold ...but always we got dragged in extended conversations ....good luck with the coins ????....i stick with bullions ????

• Haha 2

Risk vs potential reward $$$$$$$$

How much risk are you willing to take?

Portfolio allocation percentage & diversification?

It helps to do some research before investing in bitcoin too. Understand it and you will have confidence in investing in it.

I went 100 percent in on bitcoin back in spring/summer of 2017 (all my cash, my entire self-directed IRA and my entire self-directed ROTH IRA)

Since then I've been doing partial rollovers into my ROTH so that my entire net worth (in my IRA accounts) will be federal and state tax free in just a few years.   

I rode out the Dec 2017 bull run, subsequent crash(es), 2.5 year bear market and I'm up over 1000 percent now.

I don't have weak hands, I have a high risk tolerance and my only regret is not getting in sooner.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

That provrs the Pyramid ...just shifing it to the next one ....hence keep it for a while and then cash it .....is same as filling a hole with sand by using it from another place...

But i am only answeing the poll bitcoin or gold ... my choice gold ...but always we got dragged in extended conversations ....good luck with the coins ????....i stick with bullions ????

buy me a bitcoin ? i would see that as an easier way of shifting your bullion worth into my ledger. ????

• Like 1

Only a couple of years ago, Jamie Dimon, of JP Morgan Chase, was so dismissive of Bitcoin that he threatened to fire any of his traders who were trading it, even if for their personal accounts. JP Morgan Chase is now one of the biggest "shills" for BTC in the market place.

Are we to believe that the likes of Massachusetts Mutual, Guggenheim, Pay Pal, Grayscale and other large organisations and institutions, each of which having to jump through a number of regulatory hoops in order to be given licences, or corporate strictures of their own, have got into Bitcoin on a whim, without thorough research and discussion with appropriate US authorities? I think not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allanos said:

Only a couple of years ago, Jamie Dimon, of JP Morgan Chase, was so dismissive of Bitcoin that he threatened to fire any of his traders who were trading it, even if for their personal accounts. JP Morgan Chase is now one of the biggest "shills" for BTC in the market place.

Are we to believe that the likes of Massachusetts Mutual, Guggenheim, Pay Pal, Grayscale and other large organisations and institutions, each of which having to jump through a number of regulatory hoops in order to be given licences, or corporate strictures of their own, have got into Bitcoin on a whim, without thorough research and discussion with appropriate US authorities? I think not.

jamie knew back then it was a pyramid scheme. 

• Haha 2

Microstrategy has made over $77,000,000 a DAY on their btc treasury reserves so far in 2021 (77,000 bitcoins x average $1000 dollar a day increase in bitcoin price = 77 million dollars a day)

His personal stash of over 17,000 bitcoins has made him over $17,000,000 a day so far this year (not to mention his MSTR. stock is skyrocketing too).

Is he a fool?  I don't think so  I think he is a genius, but only time will tell.

• Like 2