Tahitian Queen closed down.

Natai Beach

The birthplace of world famous Thai style gogo bars survived syphalis, gonareah, herpes and HIV, but unfortunately the old girl couldn’t survive Covid 19. 

I first came to Pattaya in 1978, the same year the legend was born. 

A tragedy. 

RIP Tahitian Queen. 
Gone but never forgotten. 

I think I am going to cry now.

perhaps we can start a gofundme?

https://pattayaone.news/farewell-to-tahitian-queen/

9BAE1110-89F2-44AA-8989-3F7C034A7715.jpeg

13DC4DA7-A838-4DF1-8CDD-2B8B0A7DA11C.jpeg

10D8FB95-EFCF-4D90-9FA1-C477BEC03E51.jpeg

6A4F7636-7476-441E-86AB-BC4F2ED0D7C1.jpeg

8BF41791-455F-4B3D-82A0-DF201F53AEB9.jpeg

A659A033-19F7-4761-ABDF-A62C4FF16042.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 12

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

Let's not forget "reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

This is actually fake news at present based on usual rumor (no direct contact with an owner or statement alleged) and now being relished and embellished our usual Coroners and Economists, who are unlikely to let it go even if TQ opens back up again.

Being reported in the press.  Could it be an elaborate hoax?  ????

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/tahitian-queen-pattayas-oldest-bar-calls-it-quits-after-42-years-339508

36 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Being reported in the press.  Could it be an elaborate hoax?  ????

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/tahitian-queen-pattayas-oldest-bar-calls-it-quits-after-42-years-339508

Typical gullibility, believing everything that appears in the "press."???? Especially when we spot an opportunity to dazzle with the brilliant TVF Landlord Theory of Economics gleaned from talking to some bar owners on Soi Buakhao. What named sources are quoted in the "press?" Er . . . . It's correct in that TQ like all other bars, esp. go-go bars, is currently closed. As for later, we dunno until there's "real" confirmation--which, BTW, there very well may be. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Typical gullibility, believing everything that appears in the "press."???? Especially when we spot an opportunity to dazzle with the brilliant TVF Landlord Theory of Economics gleaned from talking to some bar owners on Soi Buakhao. What named sources are quoted in the "press?" Er . . . . It's correct in that TQ like all other bars, esp. go-go bars, is currently closed. As for later, we dunno until there's "real" confirmation--which, BTW, there very well may be. 

If you have information to the contrary, feel free to post it.  

• Like 1

Could be a shrewd publicity move by the TQ owners. Many people may never have head of TQ. If they make a comeback then maybe more people will want to visit. Who knows what will happen.

I visited on a Saturday afternoon in August 2020 after a friend told me about the place. A certain charm about it and friendly ladies. Seemed like a lot of American patrons there having a good time. Music from 70's and 80's more rock style. Glad I visited, but for me once was enough.

My local contact who is a regular in Tq  and a close pal of the management says the problem is the landlord  wanting higher rents for new lease  , but lilkely they are planning to redevelop site ,although business is very bad for all the bars .

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Could be a shrewd publicity move by the TQ owners. Many people may never have head of TQ. If they make a comeback then maybe more people will want to visit. Who knows what will happen.

I visited on a Saturday afternoon in August 2020 after a friend told me about the place. A certain charm about it and friendly ladies. Seemed like a lot of American patrons there having a good time. Music from 70's and 80's more rock style. Glad I visited, but for me once was enough.

Be like Paul McCartney announcing another world tour 

• Thanks 1

closed for good. landlord selling the land unless made worthwhile with rent increase. earmarked for development. ------------- ask me for a link -------------- i will give it for a price if you can not be arrissed to search for it yourself.

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

Also survived bird flu, swine flu, SARS, MERS, military coups, volcanic eruption, tsunami, global financial crisis, but could not survive a greedy Thai landlord.  

The article in the Pattaya Mail suggested they got a bit of a break on rent, but perhaps new licences were also due, and the consideration of an outlay without any income whatsoever, and not knowing how long that situation would last forced their hand. I think live-streaming has either stopped from other places or gone underground, not seeing any prompts on my phone lately. 

I appreciate the nostalgia of the place and would not want them to close.

But, I never really saw the attraction.  Very small and confining in my opinion and never thought the talent was impressive.

Edited by bkk6060

why is it hard to admit the days for the gogo bars were almost over even pre-covid. Video killed the radio, tv killed the drive-ins, smartphones killed the landline phones and covid hammered the last nail in the gogo bar coffin.

By next year, we will be considered lucky to be alive. traveling the way we knew it may be a thing of the past for at least 3 years, if not longer. So these gogo bars won't last another 3 months without tourists, let alone 3 years.

• Haha 1