Tahitian Queen closed down.

Natai Beach

36 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Nothing like spreading a false rumour to garner loads of free publicity............................

To what aim? Saying they are closed when they are banned from opening seems to yield little benefit. 

Sad news if true. It was the only bar I still actually enjoyed going to in the cesspool that Pattaya has become.

Contrary to some reports there actually were attractive women there, and some also had good personalities. Not being forced to listen to mind numbingly stupid electronic dance music all day or all night might have had something to do with it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
  1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Nothing like spreading a false rumour to garner loads of free publicity............................

40 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

To what aim? Saying they are closed when they are banned from opening seems to yield little benefit. 

Also, one would think, if an airline started telling it's customers that they are considering charging to use airplane toilets (Ryanair some years ago) it might yield little benefit. They still propspered even though never charging for toilet use. Headline news gave them free publicity.

What is happening here is that there is now a discussion about nostalgia of past, possibly, good times at the TQ. Should TQ actually be able to remain and reopen after the current shutdown, there's now a better chance of customers going back to visit again. Name recognition.

I remember when they yearly closed the front door and only let select guys in the rear door for a wild fundraiser for the girls. In case they needed medical assistance or whatever.

Wildest time in any bar!!! Dang! I'm glad to have experienced that. That's back when it was a hot bar.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ezzra said:

All good things must come to an end...We can all agree that in 2015 not a single person got the answer correct to, 'Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?...

I heard yesterday that they plan to re-open when (if) things get better ???? So many conflicting rumours !

I always disliked the place, too "cliquey" for my liking, but a lot of people loved it.

Sad to see one of the iconic landmarks go.  It might open elsewhere once things get better but elsewhere it wouldn't be TQ if it wasn't on Bech Road.  

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

What is happening here is that there is now a discussion about nostalgia of past, possibly, good times at the TQ. Should TQ actually be able to remain and reopen after the current shutdown, there's now a better chance of customers going back to visit again. Name recognition

Ryan air was still flying then...

I don't think I will return to TQ, I hear it has closed!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I appreciate the nostalgia of the place and would not want them to close.

But, I never really saw the attraction.  Very small and confining in my opinion and never thought the talent was impressive.

It was impressive at taking the money off the punters!

• Haha 2

A lot of good times in there.  The only bar in Pattaya with decent music that I know of.  The good seats were almost always taken and the bar stools were not comfortable.  Even though I stopped my frequent visits to go gos after 2010 or so I usually stopped in TQ at least a couple times when I was in Pattaya.  If true I will miss it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Duckster said:

A lot of good times in there.  The only bar in Pattaya with decent music that I know of.  The good seats were almost always taken and the bar stools were not comfortable.  Even though I stopped my frequent visits to go gos after 2010 or so I usually stopped in TQ at least a couple times when I was in Pattaya.  If true I will miss it.

Tims used to do the same, and the old failed Sweethearts. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, starky said:

Yes it was also reported in the press that all UK travellers would be barred from Thailand and that ALL of Chon Buri, Bang lamung etc were in total lockdown. Don't believe everything you read ????

That was a government press release and a back flip. 

3 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

I will only believe this when i see bob, woody and tom stripping the place out of its fittings

I hope they secure another venue, but if they can't, or simply call it a day, no point stripping out the place.  No market to sell to.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

That was a government press release and a back flip. 

Yes but both things were quoted on multiple news sources. I don't know if the TQ thing is true or not. Hopefully not. My point is don't believe everything you read. What was yours?

• Like 2