Tahitian Queen closed down.

Natai Beach

7 hours ago, BigStar said:

Helluva scene it was, a blowout celebration. Mobbed, standing room only. Jesters were there, Hashers. People wearing their old TQ T-shirts. Never seen so many drunk happy old guys even dancing around and singing along. It was like a frat reunion party.

So there was more pent up demand for TQ's opening than anyone had anticipated. I dunno how these patrons all even found out about it. Poor waitresses, overwhelmed, worked their butts off fighting through the crowd. Management had had no idea either and had started w/ only 3 initially! Shee-it. One waitress had dropped by just to see her friends and ended up being drafted. Finally a couple more showed up. Hope they made a fortune in tips for doing such a fantastic job under the circumstances.

TQ's effort over the years to retain good staff has paid off.

Most of the regular dancers had long gone upcountry but the mamasan managed to pull in those still in PTY and as well some of their friends, new ladies. Some real hotties, too. 'Course, a couple of fat ladies, but hell--love the one you're with, eh. Still not many girls for that crowd, though, maybe around 20. Normally 6 on are on stage at a time, but only 4 last night. Good 'nuff.

Fortunately the ladies I know well and find hard to resist weren't there, heh. So it was a relatively cheap night. Stayed from 6 to closing at 11 (technically, you can order a drink just before 11 and stay to finish it) w/ one hour for a pizza at Hops.

Hops was also doing great even without the normalization of domestic tourism. Had to sit way in the back.

At this point, I'll need to preempt our extremely shrewd ace Economists and quote directly from the TVF Economics catechism, just as we simply must do after, for example, any report daring suggest that Pattaya had a good holiday weekend. Here ya go, guys, that good fresh red meat:

One swallow does not a summer make.

Hee hee! So, yes, now begins the struggle to stay open on regular nights. It's gon' be hard as hell, no question. I'll try to stop by a couple times a week anyway. Woody, Bob, and Tom were all there last night and extremely happy to see the turnout, of course, but I think I sensed an underlying well-justified somber mood. Good on 'em for putting up such a fight, though. Rock on!

I leave you w/ a TQ exclusive (just for you white socks & sandals wearers, LOL) played towards the end thru the JBLs and on the 4 screens. 

And I think the thread really should be closed now.

BTW, when discussing business closings, do try to avoid the ambiguity of the word shuttered. Those few remaining speakers fluent in that antiquated form of English know to qualify it properly, as in "the village Post Office put up the shutters for the last time."

Were any of the dancers <40?

15 hours ago, rott said:

If I can sneak one in before it closes, I was in Hops earlier in the week and was surprised how busy it was. Long, long time since I'd been in there. 

Although I got feedback that the service was atrocious and a shambles and completely overwhelmed. By the time your overpriced beers arrived they had been stood on a bar going flat for a good time. How did you find it?

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Although I got feedback that the service was atrocious and a shambles and completely overwhelmed. By the time your overpriced beers arrived they had been stood on a bar going flat for a good time. How did you find it?

Are we talking Hops or TQ.? Can only speak for the former and it was fine. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Average age of around 25 now I guess. The few remaining older ones in their 30s are still upcountry. Might trickle back in, but we'll see.

Ironically--for you--one of TQ's best revenue producers is also the oldest at--38, I think. Been dancing there more than a decade. Fluent English, quite attractive, remarkably fit body, far quicker wit than you've ever had, and a smooth snake charmer par excellence. Notwithstanding all that good ol' suspenders-slappin', seen-it-all, know-it-all bluster, braggadocio, and usual dubious claims to the most exquisite tastes (as we have in everything here)--all pecked out from the safety of a keyboard--in reality she'd empty out your wallet in an hour and have you crawling out to an ATM for more. Yeah, careful in that TQ, bro'. Better ease into the whole scene till you're sure you and your wallet can handle it.????

Reminds me, we had a few blasts from the horn during the Friday night celebration. Perhaps Matt M. has returned.

18 hours ago, BigStar said:

Average age of around 25 now I guess. The few remaining older ones in their 30s are still upcountry. Might trickle back in, but we'll see.

Ironically--for you--one of TQ's best revenue producers is also the oldest at--38, I think. Been dancing there more than a decade. Fluent English, quite attractive, remarkably fit body, far quicker wit than you've ever had, and a smooth snake charmer par excellence. Notwithstanding all that good ol' suspenders-slappin', seen-it-all, know-it-all bluster, braggadocio, and usual dubious claims to the most exquisite tastes (as we have in everything here)--all pecked out from the safety of a keyboard--in reality she'd empty out your wallet in an hour and have you crawling out to an ATM for more. Yeah, careful in that TQ, bro'. Better ease into the whole scene till you're sure you and your wallet can handle it.????

Reminds me, we had a few blasts from the horn during the Friday night celebration. Perhaps Matt M. has returned.

I think i know who your talking about, im not going to say names but if its the same girl she has worked since 18 (or younger) 20 years ago she still looks great, saying that there are a few been there that long and some dont know when to hang up their boots ha ha

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BigStar said:
On 2/13/2021 at 9:53 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

Ironically--for you--one of TQ's best revenue producers is also the oldest at--38, I think. Been dancing there more than a decade. Fluent English, quite attractive, remarkably fit body, far quicker wit than you've ever had, and a smooth snake charmer par excellence. ...

So you DID bar fine @HashBrownHarry after all. We thought it was just an ugly rumor.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

I think i know who your talking about, im not going to say names but if its the same girl she has worked since 18 (or younger) 20 years ago she still looks great

Yeah, that's her. Post-lockdown #1 I took an Ozzie mate in there, long-term Pattaya expat who normally only drinks in the Commonwealth-approved beer bars. She had him charmed & wrapped around her finger in 10 min and got 2 drinks before I suggested we'd better leave for his own sake. He's ready to go back, probably this week.

4 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

there are a few been there that long and some dont know when to hang up their boots ha ha

Those have had their boots hung up for them owing to the crunch. Probably only two other dancers left aged around 35, both popular and entertaining, but they won't return until more patrons do. I've often joked about one of them that if 30 ladies are competing for one customer, she'd be the one who'd get a drink out of him. Seen it happen.

Have to see what the lineup is this week, though. I'm speaking of what I saw during the last reopening and the opening night blowout.

Edited by BigStar

On 2/13/2021 at 9:03 PM, Catkiwi said:

Agree, shutter the post. I couldn't stand any more of Big Star's epic, novel length contributions, even as well articulated as they were!

Post? But it must be tough sometimes having to go around one syllable short of monosyllabic; my sympathies. In this case solipsism needn't trump obvious logic: the thread's simply outdated and superfluous.

Now we need a supportive TQ Has Reopened thread. Might start that myself when I can be bothered and help  our noobs, bashers, envious, discomfited and disaffected to a proper appreciation of this historic and quite unique bar--or lifestyle.????

Moreover--to consider polysyllabic posts you may encounter in other threads as well--our beloved forum provides you with the facility to block (or shutter, if that's somehow clearer) posters whom you find displeasing. YES!???? Just contact forum support if you need help, or I'll be happy to provide instructions. It's given several of our members further reason to live, though at least one block seems to have expired for some reason.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BigStar said:

Post? But it must be tough sometimes having to go around one syllable short of monosyllabic; my sympathies. In this case solipsism needn't trump obvious logic: the thread's simply outdated and superfluous.

Now we need a supportive TQ Has Reopened thread. Might start that myself when I can be bothered and help  our noobs, bashers, envious, discomfited and disaffected to a proper appreciation of this historic and quite unique bar--or lifestyle.????

Moreover--to consider polysyllabic posts you may encounter in other threads as well--our beloved forum provides you with the facility to block (or shutter, if that's somehow clearer) posters whom you find displeasing. YES!???? Just contact forum support if you need help, or I'll be happy to provide instructions. It's given several of our members further reason to live, though at least one block seems to have expired for some reason.

ha ha

• Like 1