Tahitian Queen closed down.

Natai Beach

19 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Been a bit money donated the last couple of days, and suddenly their target increases by a $1000.

$7,639 raised of $16,000 target

You would think $7,639 would be enough to see them at least open again next month, if / when lock down finishes.  How long they can remain open is another question.    

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

You would think $7,639 would be enough to see them at least open again next month, if / when lock down finishes.  How long they can remain open is another question.    

Someone said a new lease was required.... I wonder what the up front cost of that would be, certainly would need a new dose of key money. 

On 1/21/2021 at 8:07 AM, kinyara said:

I wonder how many on here lamenting its current predicament would actually frequent the place with their custom if it managed to continue. Got to love these nostalgia threads, " Oh the memories, great place, haven't been in it for years". ????

Pre-Covid it was a great afternooner. Slip into its dark womb and catch a buzz. Although the 1pm opening was a bit late. By the new Covid 4pm opening time my coconut is already fermented.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2021 at 6:34 AM, jacko45k said:

Someone said a new lease was required.... I wonder what the up front cost of that would be, certainly would need a new dose of key money. 

Perhaps covid might cause somewhat of a reset for commercial leases here in the near future.   

When leases are nearing expiry, as many will do before tourists come back, the owner may offer to go onto a month by money lease.  If the Thai landlord refuses, they close, and the Thai landlord can whistle for a tenant for the next 3 years.    

Edited by Leaver
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The landlords don't care if the premises sit empty if he owns the land, it's that which has the value, not a crappy beer bar etc.

The land has no value with no tenants, and if no one wants to buy the land, because there are no tenants.  In that case, it's a liability to the owner.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm not familiar with either of those acronyms?

One of them is a Leaver original, circa 2021, so I would not expect you to know it. 

I am surprised you are not familiar with the other one.  

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

When leases are nearing expiry, as many will do before tourists come back, the owner may offer to go onto a month by money lease.

I only hear of the two polar opposites.... an owner willing to give a tenant a break and at least receive a reduced rental income, or those 'who will not budge'..... but I really have only spoken to a few bar owners and a couple of business owners. 

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

i suppose you are going to tell me during the GFC property in the USA kept its "value."  ????

What about the PCC?  (Pattaya Covid Crisis)  

I thought PCC was,   Pattaya cheap charlie.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:39 PM, Leaver said:

Keep listening Harry, you will hear more, and probably learn a thing or two.   ????

What? Nonsense like Pattaya Beach Road prime real estate is worthless without a tenant?

Meh... I'm with Harry.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 9:39 PM, Leaver said:

Keep listening Harry, you will hear more, and probably learn a thing or two.   ????

You guys have been sniping at each other with hours of drivel. How about some factual up dates on the real situation if, by chance, you are that well informed?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What? Nonsense like Pattaya Beach Road prime real estate is worthless without a tenant?

Meh... I'm with Harry.

Without a tenant, no revenue.

Without a buyer, no capital gain, or release from liability.

No tenant - no buyer - what has the owner got, right now? 

Edited by Leaver
  • Sad 1

On 1/22/2021 at 6:02 PM, Leaver said:

The land has no value with no tenants, and if no one wants to buy the land, because there are no tenants.  In that case, it's a liability to the owner.  

@LeaverWhat a load of rubbish. Land is the most valuable commodity to Thai's...tenant or no tenant, land keeps its value in good times and bad.

(Add a bit of gold to that for good measure).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thainet said:

@LeaverWhat a load of rubbish. Land is the most valuable commodity to Thai's...tenant or no tenant, land keeps its value in good times and bad.

(Add a bit of gold to that for good measure).

What if that property is mortgaged?

What has the "owner" currently got?  A debt they can't pay?

What has the Thai bank current got?  A property they can't sell, and a loss on a loan.  

Thousands of these all over Thailand now.  Commercial, and residential.

Happy to hear how you think this is "rubbish."  

• Sad 1

@Susco A Gogo bar that has made big profits from tourists for the past 50 years, get discounted rents for the biggest part of the 10 months the pandemic has caused issues, asking for donations?

Pathetic.

@kinyara Obviously donating is optional but I totally agree, whilst I don't want to see bars closed for the regular employees that will suffer, a certain genre of bar where the prostitution of others is a significant part of a previously successful and lucrative business model sits  pretty low on my sympathy radar. 

Gotta agree with both these statements. Exceptional profits some years which allowed a good life for the owners. So its going to close after 42 odd years, so what!. If they don't have enough money to carry on, how is a few thousand dollars going to help. So yes it is pathetic asking for donations. Just let everyone have their memories of the place and be done with it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, thainet said:

The thread is about the 'Tahitian Queen'. That land (plus a lot of the surrounding land) has been owned by the Patpong family for decades (plus other large holdings in the Pattaya area, and of course their huge holdings in Bangkok since the 1930's), so your narrative above definitely doesn't apply to them. 

With no tenant, and no buyer for that land, they have an asset, which attracts fees, albeit they are minimal, but what have they currently got. as in, TODAY?  Nothing but fees, right?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1