Pattaya: Seafood restaurant blames "corrupt government" for closure

webfact

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Kudos to Premrudee and her son, for speaking out. More need to do this. A cultural revolution is required. The army has failed over and over and over again. The dinosaurs must go!

And yes, the corruption allegation is no doubt spot on. If only people knew the extent of it. 

Do you think the democratically elected western leaders have done a better job?

I really don't see any reason to knock the Thai government over this, when nobody in the world appears to have done better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Kudos to Premrudee and her son, for speaking out. More need to do this. A cultural revolution is required. The army has failed over and over and over again. The dinosaurs must go!

They will be begging Thaksin to come back.  ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And yes, the corruption allegation is no doubt spot on. If only people knew the extent of it. 

They know it but are not prepared to rock the boat and admit to it. As the saying goes the tallest tree is always culled first, i.e. if you speak out against it you become a target.

2 hours ago, Patts said:

No doubt Thailand has done well to control Covid but this is nothing to do with the virus, it's to do with the corrupt, money hungry government and on that front no democratically elected government could compete. 

All politicians are there for their own benefit despite what they say, as the story goes what does a first term government want to achieve during their initial tenure, a second term of office that's where the real money is made and a third term is highly unusual (not unknown admittedly).

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I really don't see any reason to knock the Thai government over this, when nobody in the world appears to have done better.

that's very true, everyone has failed, as predicted

but having tired old army leaders giving lessons is not making things easier, and just feel like a trigger for revolts

11 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Agreed, watching (no pun intended) the news tonight and saw a piece with 75yr old General Prawit. He could hardly walk so GF said "why is he still working" at his age? I think many of us could guess... ????????????

My Mrs said the same and said many of them have lost their marbles, but can't be shifted. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

They did the right thing stopping International travel and requiring quarantine, even for their own. But looked less capable quite sharply when Covid made it to their borders. 

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It seems only fair. They were getting so much praise when they had it under control. Now, they deserve to take the heat. This thing was easier to control here, than in many other countries. There were only two neighbors with real pandemic issues. Malaysia and Burma. Few were flying in. So, you keep those borders locked down. Get 10,000 soldiers on SUVs patrolling the hills, put some boats in the rivers, and warn the immigration guys on the border, that they will be looking at 10 million baht fines, that will be levied against their families for 100 years, and facing 50 years in prison, if they are found to be letting people who are sick across the border. And what did they do instead? Nearly nothing. Did they lock down Samut province, like San Quentin, the minute the cluster broke out? No. What did they do? Use color coded wrist bracelets. Wow. Such competence.

Such brains at work. Prayuth once again says responsibility needs to be shared. So, I ask. When was the last time he took responsibility for anything? Has he apologized? Has he admitted this happened on his watch, and it very possibly could have been prevented? If not, Prayuth should offer to resign immediately, and the people, and especially the youth, should demand that. It is their right to demand a competent leader, during an emergency, especially.

So my message to the administration is this. Man up. Admit you messed this one up badly. Admit the border could have been controlled if you had devoted the tens of thousands of soldiers required then, instead of now. You dropped the ball.  

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There were only two neighbors with real pandemic issues. Malaysia and Burma.

Take a look at Burma, it didn't take off there until September. The same is true for Malaysia, although they had an earlier but much smaller 1st Phase in March and April. I think initially Thailand  did well by imposing flight bans then quarantine.  Also controlling it well in country, infections flown in prior... but at that time, land borders posed little threat....now they do, and are suffering because they took their eye off the ball.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1