Chiang Mai 50th Covid patient's travel history, announces curbs on visitors from 'red' provinces

snoop1130

Chiang Mai 50th Covid patient's travel history, announces curbs on visitors from 'red' provinces

By The Nation

800_ffdde173898fc2f.jpg?v=1609850753

Chiang Mai governor has cancelled the winter festival and has made the Red Cross fair virtual after the province’s 50th Covid-19 case was discovered.

The 25-year-old food vendor’s timeline showed that she had visited flea markets and entertainment venues in Chiang Mai, Lampang and Phrae.

The patient first developed a high fever, cough, sore throat and headache on Sunday. Seven days before that she had travelled to Lampang and Phrae.

The patient’s movements from December 26 to Monday are as follows:

December 26

7am-11am: Attending sister’s wedding in Chiang Mai’s San Pa Tong district.

11am-7pm: Staying home in Chiang Mai’s Muang district.

7pm-midnight: Attending wedding reception.

Midnight-2am: Partying at DC Chiang Mai bar.

December 27

At home all day.

December 28

10pm-10.30pm: Partying in Tha Chang district area.

10.30pm-12.30am: Partying at Infinity Club.

December 29

10.30am-1pm: Renewing driving licence at Lampang Bus Terminal.

1pm-3pm: Visiting relative in Lampang’s Muang district.

9pm-9.30pm: Shopping at Mr DIY store in Kamthieng Lotus department store in Chiang Mai.

December 30

4pm-10pm: Shopping at Lotus Kamthieng flea market in Chiang Mai.

December 31

8pm-8.30pm: Shopping at Lotus Kamthieng flea market.

8.30pm-1am: Partying at Chiang Mai’s Warm Up Cafe.

January 1

5pm-7.30pm: At Central Festival Chiang Mai shopping mall.

10.30pm-2am: Partying at Warm Up Cafe, Chiang Mai.

2am-3am: Partying at Pretty Exclusive Club.

January 2

4.30pm: Driving off to Phrae with her mother and picking up friends along the way.

7.30pm: Arriving at a friend’s house to attend a birthday party and staying there overnight.

January 3

1pm: Heading back to Chiang Mai.

4pm: Pit stop at PTT, spending five minutes in 7-Eleven convenience store with mask on.

7.15pm-8pm: Dining at Im Mee Pe Mum hotpot buffet in Star Avenue Mall, Chiang Mai.

9pm: Heading to private hospital for Covid-19 test.

January 4

Virus detected and patient transferred to Nakhonping Hospital.

Chiang Mai Communicable Disease Committee has ordered that the five entertainment venues the patient visited in the province be closed for three days from Monday and members of staff quarantined for 14 days.

Chiang Mai governor Charoenrit Sanguansat has announced that everyone entering the province via all channels must register themselves using the “CM Chana” application, while travellers from 28 “red” provinces must be quarantined for 14 days.

Pubs, bars, karaoke joints must close at 11pm and can reopen at 5am. All customers must register through the “Thai Chana” application only.

Entertainment venues can only be 75 per cent full, no dancing allowed and people from “red” provinces will not be allowed to enter.

At buffet restaurants, customers are prohibited from serving themselves, while restaurants are prohibited from serving alcohol from 11pm onwards. Events or gatherings of 50 or more people are banned.

The authorities have cancelled the winter festival, which was to run until January 10, with the exception of the Miss Chiang Mai beauty pageant, which will be held but with limited participants. The Red Cross lottery event will be held, but will be broadcast live.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400708

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-05

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The patient first developed a high fever, cough, sore throat and headache on Sunday. Seven days before that she had travelled to Lampang and Phrae.

Jesus! Then she set off on a partying and shopping binge for 2 weeks! Words fail me the contempt I feel towards this irresponsible super spreading biatch.

• Confused 1

So why are we not being told where this infected food vendor was selling her potentially dangerous food? In a different article I read she operated in the Meechok area which is my normal shopping location. This partial release of information smacks of a cover-up and a cynical attempt to paper over the vast number of potential people who this super-spreader has actually infected.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Chiang Mai governor Charoenrit Sanguansat has announced that everyone entering the province via all channels must register themselves using the “CM Chana” application, while travellers from 28 “red” provinces must be quarantined for 14 days.

All channels so I assume they will have checkpoints at all entry roadways in addition to the airport?

Also, I would assume the 14 days is home quarantine as it was last time?

3 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

I'm ill with all the symptoms of Covid, so I'm going to a private hospital for the test.

But I'm just going to stop off at a Hot Pot Buffet for 45 minutes on the way. 

Personally, I would look at it as my potential last meal.  Maybe a big burger at Duke's would be my choice. ????

As usual the authorities are in a shambles thanks to one super-spreader woman who visited dozens of location in CM and must have been in contact with thousands of people. One day after issuing restrictions on businesses like bars and restaurants the esteemed authorities have now placed a 14 day ban on bars! Do those who have issued these regulations have one functioning brain cell amongst them? The woman visited Meechok, Kamthieng, Central Festival & other high traffic locations but they are not being closed. But hundreds of bars that she did not visit have had their livelihood destroyed. How will this virus situation ever be dealt with in an intelligent manner with these dolts in power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1