Harbour Mall

smedly

I guess you mean the one on Klang that is always empty? It has a supermarket at the back so I would expect that to be. There is also a harbor Mall in Laem Chabang which has a large Tesco outlet and I would expect that to be open. Remember only 'essential' shops are supposed to be open, like supermarkets, phone shops and banks, so not much reason to go unless one of those is your need. My Mrs went to Tesco Lotus on North Rd and the Mall was open with just the supermarkets, banks etc open, Decathlon was closed. And even Tesco was only selling particular items with toys and stuff like that closed off. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I guess you mean the one on Klang that is always empty

I thought that was obvious as it is a Pattaya forum 

Thanks for the other info though

I actually wanted to visit the computer shop there "Advice" - hard to say if that particular shop would be open - who knows 

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

I thought that was obvious as it is a Pattaya forum 

Living half way between the two and using the one in Laem Chabang for many years before the Pattaya one opened, I tend to think of that one first. (Easier to get to also.)

Pattaya Forum

Pattaya, the seaside playground on Thailand's east coast. Sun baked beaches and the wild nightlife make Pattaya a wonderland by night and day, including Sri Racha, Bang Saen and all the way to Koh Samet.

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I guess you mean the one on Klang that is always empty? It has a supermarket at the back so I would expect that to be. There is also a harbor Mall in Laem Chabang which has a large Tesco outlet and I would expect that to be open. Remember only 'essential' shops are supposed to be open, like supermarkets, phone shops and banks, so not much reason to go unless one of those is your need. My Mrs went to Tesco Lotus on North Rd and the Mall was open with just the supermarkets, banks etc open, Decathlon was closed. And even Tesco was only selling particular items with toys and stuff like that closed off. 

That's interesting, as I was in Big C in South Pattaya yesterday and everything was being sold as normal.

So if you want some "non-essential" stuff, best head to Big C it seems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

That's interesting, as I was in Big C in South Pattaya yesterday and everything was being sold as normal.

So if you want some "non-essential" stuff, best head to Big C it seems.

I guess so... although if word got back to Tesco, I bet they open those aisles.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I guess you mean the one on Klang that is always empty? It has a supermarket at the back so I would expect that to be.

HAD a supermarket. Long gone.

6 hours ago, smedly said:

I actually wanted to visit the computer shop there "Advice" - hard to say if that particular shop would be open - who knows 

It was open about month ago.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

HAD a supermarket. Long gone.

Sad, that Mall never took off although I used it a few times, obviously not lately. Easy to access on my way home from town. I was also told great to take kids to... 

Never anyone in there.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Remember only 'essential' shops are supposed to be open, like supermarkets, phone shops and banks, so not much reason to go unless one of those is your need. My Mrs went to Tesco Lotus on North Rd and the Mall was open with just the supermarkets, banks etc open, Decathlon was closed. And even Tesco was only selling particular items with toys and stuff like that closed off.

That instruction was changed yet again yesterday and the likes of Tesco and Big C could sell all their stuff AIUI.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

That instruction was changed yet again yesterday and the likes of Tesco and Big C could sell all their stuff AIUI.

Can the other shops open now, clothes etc? DIY?

I can't keep track of it!

Edited by jacko45k

12 hours ago, smedly said:

As promised i visited the mall this afternoon

the Advice computer shop is still open, just beside Mr DIY (Open too)

you are lucky it's one of the rare shops still open in this ghost mall

my god it's better to not come here if you are depressed

50% to 70% of the shops are definitively closed and there is

obviously no customers for the ones still open, a really sad view

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LittleBear57 said:

I have been trying to find out if the ice rink was still open. I don't think so as they don't answer the phone anymore, and that was before this latest spike in covid.

The ice rink was imo the better thing in this mall for Pattaya

pre covid i have seen here few nice hockeys on ice competitions

(There was a western team in Pattaya, i don't know if they still exist)

the access was free for the viewers

12 hours ago, smedly said:

I been in Harbor mall a few weeks ago, actually also wanted to visit Advice, and there is no computer shop at all anymore on that floor.

Advice, JIB, and the shops that sold the cheap stuff, all gone.

If I recall correctly, the only thing still open on that floor was a shop from a mobile phone brand

40 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

As promised i visited the mall this afternoon

the Advice computer shop is still open, just beside Mr DIY (Open too)

As far as I could notice a few weeks ago, there was nothing anymore in those spaces.

I will have a look again, and take pictures, in the next few days

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

I been in Harbor mall a few weeks ago, actually also wanted to visit Advice, and there is no computer shop at all anymore on that floor.

Advice, JIB, and the shops that sold the cheap stuff, all gone.

If I recall correctly, the only thing still open on that floor was a shop from a mobile phone brand

Obviously they are back as i was here few hours ago

Advice isn't on the floor with the phone shops, but on the floor above

just beside Mr DIY, and there are 3 or 4 other computer shops just beside Advice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

just beside Mr DIY, and there are 3 or 4 other computer shops just beside Advice

I know where advice is, as I bought things there in the past. It is on the same floor as where JIB was, and those shops who sell those cheap accessories.

Now you make me think that I was confused and was on the wrong floor, but I saw the service center of a mobile phone brand somewhere midway, and at the far end 2 shops that do computer repairs or sell second hand computers.

Everything else on that floor was gone.

As I said already, I'm gonna check again in the next few days

Edited by Susco

6 minutes ago, Susco said:

Now you make me think that I was confused and was on the wrong floor,

Yes i think so

i was here few hours ago specifically to check if this shop was open for the OP

The mall is on my way from my condo to the beach, but i usually don't have any reason to stop here

i don't drink alcool, so i wasn't drunk, and if you check my forum history, you will see i am not a troll

or used to make stories fabrications or other falses statements. Of course it's the situation today.

If another lockdown is enforced or if they don't have customers (Pattaya being more and more

deserted, not only by the foreigners, but also by the Thais,if you live here you know it already)

they could close definitively in the next weeks.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

i don't drink alcool, so i wasn't drunk, and if you check my forum history, you will see i am not a troll

or used to make stories fabrications or other falses statements.

I never said I considered you a troll or making up stories. I said you make me think I was confused, because I don't go often in that mall. I went there for the computer shops, and had to return empty handed

From what I recall, if you go up the stairs, on a certain floor in front of the stairs there was a big shop that sold toys but has been shut long time ago, and advice was just one floor up.

Is that correct?

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Susco said:

I never said I considered you a troll or making up stories. I said you make me think I was confused, because I don't go often in that mall.

From what I recall, if you go up the stairs, on a certain floor in front of the stairs there was a big shop that sold toys but has been shut long time ago, and advice was just one floor up.

Is that correct?

yes this floor where was the big shop toy is an empty place

one floor up just when youcome out of the escalator the shop above this empty place is Mr DIY

a shop with tools and a lot of different stuff

and on the right side of Mr DIY, there is Advice with a big front around 10\15 meters long

if you continue there are 2 or 3 more computers shops, obviously for gamers (I have seen few

gamers chairs and few computers for gamers with nice lights inside)

56 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

cheers for that 

just what I wanted to know

will take a look next few days

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1