The purpose of this thread is to focus on what's happening on the island, and what is open.

If you wish to tell about deserted beach roads, or post Samui-rants, please start your own thread, or use one of the already opened

...🙂

January 19th

Due to the Covid-19 restrictions Green Mango Club postpone the Carabao concert, please see quote under poster...

134741910_4206715022691261_6782886678553

Dear all customers.
Due to the COVID 19 situation, the Green Mango Club has to postpone the Carabao concert on 19 Jan 2564 before customers who want to cancel their booking tickets. Please contact for refunds.
Tel: 092-3841090
Or via line line id:092-3841090
The shop would like to apologize and thank all customers for this occasion.
Exact concert date will be informed on the next occasion
Thank you very much.

• Like 1

The message with Covid-19 restrictions from the Governor in Surat Thani (image below), however it might not all instantly apply to Samui.

Schools have been closed since Tuesday, and it seems like some restaurants are now closing at 7 pm (by governments order).

1418857554_Surat4thJan.jpg.ce083d7232229

Transportation to/from the islands has it's own pinned thread, latest update here...

On 1/5/2021 at 10:31 PM, khunPer said:

The purpose of this thread is to focus on what's happening on the island, and what is open.

If you wish to tell about deserted beach roads, or post Samui-rants, please start your own thread, or use one of the already opened

...🙂

January 19th

Due to the Covid-19 restrictions Green Mango Club postpone the Carabao concert, please see quote under poster...

134741910_4206715022691261_6782886678553

Great band. Seen them live. A real old timer, classic Thai band. Really a fun show. Great guys. 

• Thanks 1
January 20th
"The situation is much better. Surat Thani province is no longer infected with Covid-19 in the 2nd wave (15 Dec 63). All infected people, 11 in total, have been found and treated." (Koh Samui Update News)

140561534_3569017756529558_6265745623757

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the requirements are for arriving on a flight from Bangkok?  I've been staying in a few places recently -- some result in a yellow QR code and others a green QR code when using the Samui "Health Check" app.   What is required if my QR code is yellow?

10 hours ago, alw22 said:

Does anyone know what the requirements are for arriving on a flight from Bangkok?  I've been staying in a few places recently -- some result in a yellow QR code and others a green QR code when using the Samui "Health Check" app.   What is required if my QR code is yellow?

You might find your answer in the already started thread...

-or in the oinned thread...

Edited by khunPer
11 hours ago, IH8lokcdown said:

just flew in from bkk today, all i had to do was fill out samui health pass. and there is no check on details, so you can fill in whatever you want. 

how was the plane ?  was full ??

May I kindly suggest to post about travelling and access to the islands in the pinned thread about transport...

-or in the thread about "registering Thai visitors...", as it might be confused for others to search information if it's not in the dedicated threads.

This thread is about "what's happening on the island, and what is open".

Perhaps a moderator would move the posts?:wai:

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

Some nightlife seems to reopen tomorrow, Friday 29th January...

142116456_2932514256976868_7862377541024

perfect  before i come next week lol 

1 hour ago, thai006 said:

perfect  before i come next week lol 

Ma Ha Tea is a teen place – so they say, but the sign on the entrance door says that no one under 20 is permitted entrance...🤔

Announcement.
The tea factory came to see me. The shop is open and back to serve you
✅✅ 29 January 2564 ✅✅
✔️ hand washing gel
✔️ temperature scanning

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

And restaurants are serving alcohol. (My beer distributor told me that it is official.)

another  good news 😛 

• Like 1