Long Term Rent Advice

make sure the contract has as many details as possible as to the conditions of the rent agreement and the state of the property and take pictures of the in and out or the property in the present of the owner or a witness, other than than< Thai landlords are not bad to deal with, just make sure everything is clear..

and if anyone is interested in what we,  as good and honest landlords would advise to prospective tenants .............

the list is about as long as what the "tenants"  should look for.

not much different than disagreements in most things in life :   it is always the other party  that is

at fault   ????

• Like 1

Depends what part of country and province you are choosing to rent, I would say negotiate your terms and get an agreement can't see any other way.

My Mrs is a fair landlady and just asks for 1 month up front but it has to do with a lot of people coming to our area are Thai and not that well off.

That said she would treat whoever just the same.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

First and last is a well used term for private rentals.

You put up two months rent to secure the property but you use one of those to pay the first month's rent and the last to pay the final month's rent, meaning that the landlord does not have to find money to refund any deposit.

Of course this leaves the landlord with no security in the last month which is why you will not see this written into modern contracts or with agents but it is still accepted practice as I know, having done this myself, from a tenant's perspective.