Prosecutors clear white police officer over Jacob Blake shooting in Kenosha, Wisconsin

webfact

35 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

what is it about American culture that makes it this way? Why do people put up with it?

There are alot of Americans who like me, love the ethnic diversity of the country. It is part of what made America what it was.

I used to take pride in how inclusive America was. At least I thought so. The racism, intolerance, feelings of the absolute superiority of whiteness, and ugliness was apparently lurking fairly close to the surface. Guys like Trump tend to bring out the nasty and brutish nature of some people. He appeals to their worse nature. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Maybe you should watch the video again. He was clearly reaching for 'something'. He failed to follow the police instructions. I'm very sad for Blake, but the officer has the right to react. At no time was Blake attempting to "drive away".

No justification for the homicidal police reaction. One shot in the thigh. Anything but 7 shots in the back. That is murderous insanity. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, impulse said:

Sad to say, but I don't think the guy gave the cop too many options.  He had the door open, hopping into a 3000 pound weapon.  The cop with no taser had a choice of letting him drive off, tackling him at great personal risk (knife in car) or shooting him.

God knows how many people the guy could have killed once he was behind the wheel.

With his kids? Really?

• Like 1

I acknowledge that these cases are not only about law, facts and justice.. but they are political too... whether they should be or not is a debateable issue, but right now, it seems that they are.:/

as such, i think... i’d be more comfortable if the case was investigated by and a charging decision made by a more “disinterested” party - like a nearby county, the state or even the local Assistant US DA... that way i think a stronger case can be made that any decision - for or against either party, was made more free of “bias” ... but i cede that i think it’s very very hard to have any case processed complete free of any forms of implicit or explicit bias.. but i think it’s to everyone’s advantage of we try like hell to get more to that point than not. 

• Like 1

Most of you have not or never have been to Kenosha, Wisconsin. 

Its a burnt out city, drug ridden, and rampent crimes of everything you can imagime of humans doing to other humans. 

A once prosperous shipping and cargo town, with numerous automated factores and warehouse booming in post world war 2 era. 

The last time I was there, (less than 5 yesrs ago)  I was confident to know my Smith and Wesson was close by me and within reach. 

To be a law enforcement officer or an officer of the court requires nerves of stesl, as all of them have bullseyes painted on theyre backs.

I would not be so prompt to pass judgement unless you come from Kenosha, Wisconsin, and regardless of race, creed or nationality, crime does not discriminate. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

Its a burnt out city, drug ridden, and rampent crimes of everything you can imagime of humans doing to other humans. 

A once prosperous shipping and cargo town, with numerous automated factores and warehouse booming in post world war 2 era. 

The last time I was there, (less than 5 yesrs ago)  I was confident to know my Smith and Wesson was close by me and within reach. 

To be a law enforcement officer or an officer of the court requires nerves of stesl, as all of them have bullseyes painted on theyre backs.

I would not be so prompt to pass judgement unless you come from Kenosha, Wisconsin, and regardless of race, creed or nationality, crime does not discriminate. 

Top ten dangerous cities in Wisconsin

The Most Dangerous Cities In Wisconsin For 2021

1 Beloit

2 Brown Deer

3 Ashland

4 Milwaukee

5 West Allis

6 Superior

7 Grand Chute

8 Glendale

9 Madison

10 Rice Lake

https://www.roadsnacks.net/most-dangerous-cities-in-wisconsin/

On 1/6/2021 at 5:23 AM, impulse said:

Sad to say, but I don't think the guy gave the cop too many options.  He had the door open, hopping into a 3000 pound weapon.  The cop with no taser had a choice of letting him drive off, tackling him at great personal risk (knife in car) or shooting him.

God knows how many people the guy could have killed once he was behind the wheel.

Hmmm.

True Mr. Blake didn't follow police instructions and resisted arrest. Not sure he was intending to use his car as a weapon as such, seeing as how 3 of his sons were in the back. But he was seemingly intent on driving away, again resisting arrest. The knife could have been used as a weapon but there was no footage of it being used as such.

However, there were several officers present. Why didn't they subdue him or taser him? And, tbh, firing 7 shots from close proximity into the man's back was OTT. Not to mention he missed from that range with 3! Suggests the officer was panicking don't you think?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bradmeister said:

Fair point.

But that suggests there is a massive issue with effective policing itself and that policing isn't being carried out by consent.

On 1/6/2021 at 3:40 PM, stevenl said:

Deflecting from the issue.

No it isn't. It demonstrating that policing in the US has major issues. And not just ones related to race.

You are focusing on a symptom rather than cause because it suits your political agenda. It's politics which have led to the poor situation in the first place.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Fair point.

But that suggests there is a massive issue with effective policing itself and that policing isn't being carried out by consent.

There is a massive issue with policing in the US.  Thus, the BLM protests.

20 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No it isn't. It demonstrating that policing in the US has major issues. And not just ones related to race.

You are focusing on a symptom rather than cause because it suits your political agenda. It's politics which have led to the poor situation in the first place.

True, but referring to black on black killings is a deflection from the shooting of Blake.

• Like 2