Marry thai. Witnesses problem

Hi
In the local office in Phuket they said that they can provide their own witnesses only if two thai people want to marry.
But I am a foreigner, so they cannot help me with witnesses.
I suspect that other places do not have this rule. 
Could you recommend any foreigner-friendly place to marry thai woman?

Edited by friendofthai
  • friendofthai changed the title to Marry thai. Witnesses problem
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've heard the Chapel o Love in las vegas will marry anyone, intoxicated or not with a valid credit card. You want their number? 

They were only trying to warn off your dearly beloved about marrying a "cranky old <deleted>"......... and a Happy New Year to you col

You clearly have never seen my wifes sisters.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You suspect other places do not have this rule, well mate you would be wrong thinking that.

I got married in Khonkaen and we had to go find 2 witnesses ourselves, as staff would not do it.

Must the 2 witnesses be Thai citizens?

• Confused 1

Go to Bang Rak registry office in Bangkok. Providing you have the correct documents they will marry anyone and provide witnesses. At least, they did for us.

Its a big business for them there and they are famous for marrying people who have had issues elseware.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Yes thats what we were told, so we went back with the wifes 2 sisters.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, EricTh said:

20 years ago, at Banglamung, our witnesses were my wife's sister and my English friend who was here on holiday.

You can choose any two Thai people to be witnesses. All they need is their Thai ID card.

You can literally get a couple of motorcycle taxi guys to be witnesses and give them a bit of thank you money afterwards. It really is that simple.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Bangyai said:

Go to Bang Rak registry office in Bangkok. Providing you have the correct documents they will marry anyone and provide witnesses. At least, they did for us.

Its a big business for them there and they are famous for marrying people who have had issues elseware.

I go along with this, we got married there with no witnesses - the officers were the witnesses.

Edited by Pmbkk
1 hour ago, Bangyai said:

+1 - that is what I did - although I did have 2 witnesses.

If you don't bring any - they will provide witnesses for you - some additional fee too I think.

Edited by varun