Non-Imm O married based 1 year, must i do 90-day report?

In few weeks i'll apply to Non-Imm O 1 year visa (now i am holding non-imm O 90-day). IO is located in North of Thailand as followed wife house book.

However, we live in Bangkok and drive +700km just to do 90-day report is a bit of hastle, plus the risk of covid and provincial quarantine.

My question therefore, am i eligible to do ONLINE 90-day report? What are the requirements to do so? Or must i physically show up at MTT or CW office (but i'd rather not going there atm)

Ps. If i dont do 90-day report, what are the penalties am i looking for?

Thanks

You can do the one year extension application in Bangkok if you are living there. You do not have to it in the province where you wife's house book is for. You will only need to prove you are living in Bangkok.

You will have do your first 90 day report in person. After that you can do 90 day reports online.

The fine for late 90 day reports is fine of 2000 baht. Not doing them has the same fine.

Have you ever made an in-person 90 day report? If you have then chance are you can use the online app to do future reports. Mail is also an option for many IO. Another option is to move residence to BKK since your wife's House Book does not effect your application. First application for extension counts as a 90 day report, so if you apply at CW before your 90 days   all is done. You will need proof of address in BKK. UJ already explained.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do the one year extension application in Bangkok if you are living there. You do not have to it in the province where you wife's house book is for. You will only need to prove you are living in Bangkok.

You will have do your first 90 day report in person. After that you can do 90 day reports online.

The fine for late 90 day reports is fine of 2000 baht. Not doing them has the same fine.

Thanks.

I made a call to my local IO and he told me that next week when i drive up to north to see them, and get 1 year non imm O, that is basically me doing the 90-day report. However, when i asked about after the next 90 days (which in May 2021) if i can do online, he told me to go and visit CW or MTT as he doesnt know how to help with online report.

I'm confused. Am i doing 90 days report next week in North of Thailand or is it just another visa extension?

11 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Have you ever made an in-person 90 day report? If you have then chance are you can use the online app to do future reports. Mail is also an option for many IO. Another option is to move residence to BKK since your wife's House Book does not effect your application. First application for extension counts as a 90 day report, so if you apply at CW before your 90 days   all is done. You will need proof of address in BKK. UJ already explained.

Thanks for reply

No, i never done so

Do i need to create an account with valid information (i.e passport number, name, etc) to access online report website?

And for mail report, how do i do that? (Just in case online doesnt work). What exactly are the documents i should mail to...whom? Chaeng Wattana office or the IO where i receive my non imm O?

4 minutes ago, arfandy said:

I'm confused. Am i doing 90 days report next week in North of Thailand or is it just another visa extension?

Some offices automatically will do a 90 day report at the time of renewing an Extension. I have heard a few up North do this.... 

Beware they are in a minority. 

46 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Do i need to create an account with valid information (i.e passport number, name, etc) to access online report website?

No.......simply click the link, scroll to the bottom and tick the check box, then continue to first/second pages where you're relevant info needs to be inputted. Good luck.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

51 minutes ago, arfandy said:

I made a call to my local IO and he told me that next week when i drive up to north to see them, and get 1 year non imm O, that is basically me doing the 90-day report. However, when i asked about after the next 90 days (which in May 2021) if i can do online, he told me to go and visit CW or MTT as he doesnt know how to help with online report.

If you only have a 90 day permit to stay from a non-o visa then you would not be doing 90 day reports.

If you have a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa)  based upon marriage you would then do 90 day reports. If you already have a extension of stay when does it expire?

51 minutes ago, arfandy said:

You need to answer my question above.

Visa extension is done in the area where you are residing with an address.

90 day report and visa extension are 2 different things.

If it is the first visa extension then I think that counts a the first 90 day report along with visa extension.

If you already have a visa extension then you need to report every 90 days according to your last report or entry into Thailand.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you only have a 90 day permit to stay from a non-o visa then you would not be doing 90 day reports.

If you have a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa)  based upon marriage you would then do 90 day reports. If you already have a extension of stay when does it expire?

You need to answer my question above.

My current visa is valid until February 14, which i should re-apply for 1 year within next week. It is a 90-day validity issued since Nov 2020 

Local IO told me on the phone that next week when i visit him at his office up north, i'll apply for 1 year given i have all documents ready. That also serves as me doing report even when i am currently living in Bangkok. 

He didnt specifically answer what i should be doing AFTER receive that 1 year visa. Maybe i' ask him when meet up but i thought i'd ask forum first how shall i proceed 90 days later as drive up 700km to North during uncertain pandemi isnt exactly a pleasure.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, arfandy said:

That also serves as me doing report even when i am currently living in Bangkok.

The first one year extension of stay (it is not a visa of any kind) application is equal to doing 90 day report. You first report will be due 90 days from the day you apply.

To do the report in Bangkok you will have to change your address to Bangkok since they will change your registered address to where you apply for the extension.

Not sure why you are applying at the office in the north of the country. You could do it in Bangkok.

Are you aware you will have to return to that office to get your one year extension after 30 days. You will get under consideration stamp with a report back date on it 30 days from when you apply or from the day your current permit to stay at some offices.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you aware you will have to return to that office to get your one year extension after 30 days

And under current conditions that may very well be ill advised if not impossible due covid.

2 hours ago, arfandy said:

My current visa is valid until February 14, which i should re-apply for 1 year within next week. It is a 90-day validity issued since Nov 2020 

Local IO told me on the phone that next week when i visit him at his office up north, i'll apply for 1 year given i have all documents ready. That also serves as me doing report even when i am currently living in Bangkok. 

He didnt specifically answer what i should be doing AFTER receive that 1 year visa. Maybe i' ask him when meet up but i thought i'd ask forum first how shall i proceed 90 days later as drive up 700km to North during uncertain pandemi isnt exactly a pleasure.

Thanks

You know that they will probably also do a home visit and want to see you and your wife living there, and you will have to get your final extension stamp a month later? Do you plan on spending the month in the north?

On 1/7/2021 at 11:35 AM, ubonjoe said:

The first one year extension of stay (it is not a visa of any kind) application is equal to doing 90 day report. You first report will be due 90 days from the day you apply.

To do the report in Bangkok you will have to change your address to Bangkok since they will change your registered address to where you apply for the extension.

Not sure why you are applying at the office in the north of the country. You could do it in Bangkok.

Are you aware you will have to return to that office to get your one year extension after 30 days. You will get under consideration stamp with a report back date on it 30 days from when you apply or from the day your current permit to stay at some offices.

I tried but both IOs at CW & MTT rejected my application back in October 2020. They both reasoned that my wife registry book is located in North and i must apply there for 90-day non-imm O (it was already converted from Tourist Visa back in Nov 2020) then on the last 20-30 days which is next week, i will have to apply for 1 year non imm o (also in North office).

However, my question is after i receive my 1 year visa next month, can i do online report in May? Or in worst case scenario i am not qualified for online report, am i able to report at CW or MTT? It is just a routine 90-day report, not visa extension since i will already have 1 year visa then.

On 1/7/2021 at 1:54 PM, jackdd said:

You know that they will probably also do a home visit and want to see you and your wife living there, and you will have to get your final extension stamp a month later? Do you plan on spending the month in the north?

Yes, that is the plan. Full 30 days in North to welcome home visitation from IO. 

Shall everything goes well, i will get my visa before February 14, 2021 then immediately return to Bangkok.

Question was, can i do online report in May 2021? I dont want to drive up North just to show my face to IO in less than 10 min then drive back to Bangkok.

Just now, arfandy said:

Yes, that is the plan. Full 30 days in North to welcome home visitation from IO. 

Shall everything goes well, i will get my visa before February 14, 2021 then immediately return to Bangkok.

Question was, can i do online report in May 2021? I dont want to drive up North just to show my face to IO in less than 10 min then drive back to Bangkok.

Why all this trouble about using a fake address? Wouldn't it be way easier to just apply for the extension and do the 90 day reports at the address where you actually are?

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Why all this trouble about using a fake address? Wouldn't it be way easier to just apply for the extension and do the 90 day reports at the address where you actually are?

It is very easy to change her home register entry to a Bangkok location with the OK of apartment or home owner if this is really an issue (and should be done for medical reasons anyhow) - (some proof of residence is a normal requirement to file anywhere so they may check if a TM27 has been filed for you?  This must match your current residence).

20 hours ago, jackdd said:

It is not fake address. It is real home address but we do not live there. Address is based on house blue book, hence IOs at CW and MTT recommend me to apply for non imm o visa there and i did.

Isnt that the very purpose of online reporting? I have the valid visa, i dont live in the city i applied it, but somehow i must report to someone that i am still alive without have to show up at all (not even i wish to visit crowded CW or MTT now)

20 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

It is very easy to change her home register entry to a Bangkok location with the OK of apartment or home owner if this is really an issue (and should be done for medical reasons anyhow) - (some proof of residence is a normal requirement to file anywhere so they may check if a TM27 has been filed for you?  This must match your current residence).

If i have to change the address, then what exactly the purpose of online reporting? Even if i can change to Bangkok address, there is absolutely no way i will visit crowded CW or MTT today, not until covid vacciness are given out. It is just too risky to visit and queue at CW or MTT, then in few days i could end up at 14 days quarantine hospital.

Alternatively if i must physically attend and show my face to IO just to let her/him know that i am still alive (at this point i dont even know if online report exists or not), what are the fines if i completely ignore this 90-day report? My visa is valid for 1 year, IO isnt gonna cancel my visa, is she?

26 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Isnt that the very purpose of online reporting?

The purpose of online reporting is that you don't have to visit your local IO, not to report an address where you aren't staying.

26 minutes ago, arfandy said:

but somehow i must report to someone that i am still alive

It's not about being alive, but every 90 days they want to know where you are, and if you are staying in Bangkok you are supposed to do your 90 day report there. You can of course also do it online for your Bangkok address, but sometimes online reporting isn't working, then you would have to do it in person or by mail.

42 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The purpose of online reporting is that you don't have to visit your local IO, not to report an address where you aren't staying.

It's not about being alive, but every 90 days they want to know where you are, and if you are staying in Bangkok you are supposed to do your 90 day report there. You can of course also do it online for your Bangkok address, but sometimes online reporting isn't working, then you would have to do it in person or by mail.

By mail, you mean e-mail or traditional post mail service? Sorry, i never done this before as i never stay over a year in Thailand. And if it is traditional post mail service, should it be addressed to my local IO up North or IO in Bangkok? 

1 hour ago, arfandy said:

there is absolutely no way i will visit crowded CW or MTT today,

Actually it has been seven months since I visited but understand CW is much less crowded than normal and with appointment system there is no queue involved.  For MTT there was no queue at all when I did a 90 day report about 5 months ago.  But you may indeed be required to be in quarantine with your current plans for cross province travels to obtain the 1 years extension of stay and you will surely be crossing paths with a lot more people than a simple trip to CW.   It appears you are basing your plans on CW not allowing you to obtain a 90 day conversion rather than anything about a normal one year extension of stay (TM7).

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2021 at 7:46 PM, ubonjoe said:

My first report is due on Monday, March 1 - do I have to appear on that day or could I do it over the weekend?
Is there a fee for filing the report? 
Thanks!

DS

26 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

My first report is due on Monday, March 1 - do I have to appear on that day or could I do it over the weekend?

You could do it from now until till the 5th of March. You can do it 15 days early or 7 days after the report date that includes that day in the count.

Immigration offices are closed on weekends and they will also be closed on the 26th for a holiday.

26 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

Is there a fee for filing the report? 

No

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could do it from now until till the 5th of March. You can do it 15 days early or 7 days after the report date that includes that day in the count.

Immigration offices are closed on weekends and they will also be closed on the 26th for a holiday.

Thank you sir!

Archived