Democrats take control of U.S. Senate as they win second race in Georgia

webfact

5 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

It's only good if they prosecute Trump.  If Biden/Garland give him a pass, then they have failed in their duty to protect the Constitution.

What is actually needed or possible for charges of treason or sedition or some such for a sitting or soon to be ex-President? I suspect not much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tonray said:

Thanks to President Trump for the Senate wins ! So much winning, his head is spinning...

Inevitably now...his resignation is days away...wait for it

It might not even require his resignation. BBC and other sources are reporting that Trump cabinet secretaries are discussing invoking the 25th amendment.

Live US news from the BBC

"There are murmurs within Trump's cabinet about potentially invoking the 25th amendment, the BBC's partner CBS News reports."

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's look how long it will take before the GOP politicians figure out that Trump hurt them a lot. Not that the GOP was such a great party in the past. But with Trump it went down down down - and they deserve it.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/06/mcconnell-electoral-college-count-cannot-overturn-voters-sot-vpx.cnn

• Like 2

16 hours ago, heybruce said:

Stacey Abrams.  And Trump's incompetence.  He must be astounded, this is the first time his incompetence in office has caught up with him.

Thank you Stacey Abrams.  Please expand your fight against voter suppression to include Florida. 

Yes, the former member of Georgia legislature and gubernatorial candidate did good job, but she is first to say she had a team of very talented people. In interview she mentions this many times. Also, the strategy of outreach was important. Big rallies are not what does it.

The people who should be thanked are Georgia Afro Americans. They went out to vote and their votes mattered. It can be said that the Afro American saved America.

I do not share the belief of people who think this is ground breaking. The fact remains that millions voted for some very questionable Republicans and used hate messages to push their case. Warnock was subject to the anti Afro American comments, and Osoff was criticized because he is jew. 

• Like 1

This is one of the issues that gave us Trump in the first place.

Mainstream media is touting a Dem controlled senate, with Kamala Harris being the deciding vote.  As if the elected officials owe their allegiance to the party, and not to the citizens who elected them.

Trump wasn't the problem.  He's a symptom.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Loeffler has always looked to me like a particularly hard-faced woman.  I guess those are the ones that get to marry billionaires.  

My guess is she will get away from politics.  Might be interesting to know why she was attracted to politics at all, and why Georgia: her first foray into it was Kemp appointed her to the vacated US Senate seat only a year ago.  I suspect in a few months we'll get an in-depth research piece on what makes Kelly run. 

Stacy Abrams is the Tasmanian Devil of Georgia politics.  Glad to see it, I was a teenager when I heard about Lester Maddox and his axe-handle brigade.  I suspect both Kemp and Raffensperger are afraid she may have found some nastiness on them and that's why the expressions on their faces always look like the need to get to the mens' room ASAP.