Quasi lockdown imposed in Chonburi and other COVID-19 hotspots

webfact

12 minutes ago, berton said:

want to be respectfull? : nayok Prayut ????..have to learn tones of things about thai culture , boy !

Yes I know, you are the master.

My question actually was, when you gonna use that picture of Prayuth again as your avatar, or would that be too obvious.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:
2 hours ago, berton said:

1/ ???? hey man : investigations from ...opponents of Prayut  !!! his worst ennemies : politics and journalists : never find anything : a house with his wife , no diamond , no boat , big car , nothing ..why do you think  king Rama 9 chose him?

2/ sorry , you live in Pattaya : ok , 2 places where is not Thailand : big hotels in Phuket and Pattaya . You just know bar girls and beer .

What do you know about investments of the governement , the problems of Isaan?

3/ for donations : you should know that people very rich  (yes, most of them who live from corruption) , when a big problem arrive in Thailand , they organize big donations for people . Thai culture is like that, you cannot understand .

And for all these projects that are moving now? did you see? did you go somewhere to see them?

did you hear about konlakrung? do you see poor people go in some place and pay half because their govenrnement will pay half ? 

do you reed a littlle thai? are you interesting with thai culture and their life? 

look at all this governement do for all of them : incredible ...because for us, wertern people we don't have this survival sharing ; 

me first is the currency of the farang in Pattaya ...that why theese ladies see you like a credit card .

Expand  

I'll give you 4 years, maximum, before you have to go home, broke, and onto benefits.  ????

finally you didn't answer to any question ! just escape ..;the way of cowards...

theese words : incompetant administration, malfeasance, ineptitude, receive money , I see submarine purchase...waiting for your testimony.... when , where, what , who did you SEE?

or  maybe is it wind and real malfeasance...good night for thinking.........

ps : sorry , I'll stay here long time because I'm integrated into thai society (8/12 moth/year in hospital)

5 minutes ago, Susco said:

My question actually was, when you gonna use that picture of Prayuth again as your avatar, or would that be too obvious.

just judge the people for what they really do not from public  rumor 

2 minutes ago, berton said:

finally you didn't answer to any question ! just escape ..;the way of cowards...

theese words : incompetant administration, malfeasance, ineptitude, receive money , I see submarine purchase...waiting for your testimony.... when , where, what , who did you SEE?

ps : sorry , I'll stay here long time because I'm integrated into thai society (8/12 moth/year in hospital)

You are not integrated into anything. 

You have the same sticker in your passport as the rest of us, and it really means nothing.  It does not give you, me, or anyone else "the right" to continue to live here.  It can be revoked at anytime, or the criteria to to apply for one changed at a whim.

History shows what what the military junta did in Myanmar.  Thailand is going down the same path, but with sham democratic elections, to appease the UN.

The future is not looking bright here.

6 minutes ago, berton said:

just judge the people for what they really do not from public  rumor 

He lead a military coup to overthrow a democratically elected government, then several years late, he arranged an election so he couldn't lose.  That's called, a dictator.

Do you see the student protests?  Do you think they are happy Thai citizens?    

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, berton said:

Integrateded into a bottle of Sang Som you mean?

2 minutes ago, berton said:

are you going to escape to answer all questions and write bla bla bla for nothing long time?

please answer my questions and prove all or part what you say ....................................

"Prove all or part what you say"  - ok. 

I'll give an example.  Prostitution is illegal here, yet Thailand is the world's brothel.  

You believe what what they would like you to believe about Thailand, but most here know that is very far from the truth. 

All smoke an mirrors here.  

You comment on some infrastructure projects, yet, the corruption here is so bad, they can't even have proper metered taxis. How ridiculous, for a place they advertise as a "world class tourist destination."     

5 hours ago, berton said:

1/ prostitution

who craeted that? american army

The American Army left Thailand around 45 years ago. 

Thailand embraced prostitution as a tourist attraction back then, and still does until today, despite prostitution being illegal.  

suddenly, since 5 years , you see so many roads transformed , blocked : because money arrives to the projects : BTS line nord opened with 30 new stations , west: 18 stations ..and more will open ,

Those in power here skimming off the projects, and allocating the construction work to family members.  End result, the Thai tax payer has paid 3 times more for the project, and you see that as a good thing.

3/Taxi ? you are right again ...because of a so long mafia since 40 years !!!

Yes, and no end in sight to transport mafias in the main tourists destinations of Thailand.  

Transport is an essential service.  It's a disgrace.  

I hope I let you understand better thai culture in the complexity of its depth and the immense difficulty for a honest man to do something good

What Thai culture would that be? 

The more corrupt you are, therefore the more people you steal from and hurt, gets you to higher position.  Reminds me of African nations.

SO understand that responsible is not actual PM but all the lasts PM in the last 20-30 years minimum

I agree, it's not just this PM, it's been preceding PM's for as long as I can remember.

You need to understand Thailand is a 3rd World Country, with 3rd World governance.  

It's sad to see a country with so much potential being continually rorted by those at the top.  

7 minutes ago, berton said:

So american Army create this addiction ...

Greed is a human trait.  It has no nationality.

9 minutes ago, berton said:

PM increased the scale...what you ignore: the biggest cheaters are small and medium enterprises .

How much tax do you think the PM pays?  ????

Thailand is 3rd World Country with 3rd World governance, and no matter how you spin it, that's not going to change anytime soon.  

On 1/8/2021 at 6:14 PM, n8sail said:

...Some users in Play Store comments complained that in 15 days the app burned through 15+ gigabytes of 4G data.   So not only do you need a smart phone to be 'legal' here, you better have yourself a very large data package to go with it!...

Why would anyone use a service provider in Thailand that does not provide you with unlimited data package?  I use AIS and for around 450 THB per month I am provided with reliable unlimited 4G.  Good and cheap cell service is one of the biggest bargain in the Kingdom!

Edited by WaveHunter

11 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Good and cheap cell service is one of the biggest bargain in the Kingdom!

I find the packages here to be quite inferior to what I could obtain in the UK... which always included more minutes of calls than I could ever use and thousands of SMS messages on top of large data limits.

I find all the Pre-paid options have limits ( be it number or time) on either the calls or data.. which drops to a slower speed after rather a small block. Which package do you use?

Edited by jacko45k

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I find the packages here to be quite inferior to what I could obtain in the UK... which always included more minutes of calls than I could ever use and thousands of SMS messages on top of large data limits.

I find all the Pre-paid options have limits ( be it number or time) on either the calls or data.. which drops to a slower speed after rather a small block. Which package do you use?

I agree that prepaid services leave a lot to be desired but if you have a bank account here in Thailand you can get a "regular" (pay at the end of the month) plan that is vastly superior in terms of speed and provides unlimited minutes. 

At least that's the case with AIS, and I've been very happy with them for several years now.  They provide excellent cell service and coverage throughout the Kingdom, outstanding online presence (easy to pay bill), and very good live customer service (in English) on the rare occasion I've needed help.

There have been many times when we lose electricity and my regular ISP is inoperable.  In those cases, I simply make my cellphone a hot spot and am able to stream my TV and desktop computer from it just fine for however long the electricity outage remains...all on my phone's unlimited data plan.

All of this for only around 450 THB per month...pretty good deal, as far as I'm concerned ????

Edited by WaveHunter

52 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Why would anyone use a service provider in Thailand that does not provide you with unlimited data package?  I use AIS and for around 450 THB per month I am provided with reliable unlimited 4G.  Good and cheap cell service is one of the biggest bargain in the Kingdom!

Maybe they can't afford 450 baht per month?  Or they don't need that much data?   Myriad of reasons...  I only have 16 gigs of data and full 4G speed per month, unlimited with slower speed.   I have only a couple times gone over the 16 gigs.   Serves me just fine.

Point of the post is that the app is sloppily written and uses much more battery power and data than normal apps.  My opinion is that if tax payers like me have to pay for an app that is required to be installed just to exist in Thailand's 5 'Red Zones', it should probably function as a normal app does and not be obtrusive to the user.

32 minutes ago, n8sail said:

Maybe they can't afford 450 baht per month?  Or they don't need that much data?   Myriad of reasons...  I only have 16 gigs of data and full 4G speed per month, unlimited with slower speed.   I have only a couple times gone over the 16 gigs.   Serves me just fine.

Point of the post is that the app is sloppily written and uses much more battery power and data than normal apps.  My opinion is that if tax payers like me have to pay for an app that is required to be installed just to exist in Thailand's 5 'Red Zones', it should probably function as a normal app does and not be obtrusive to the user.

Well, the app will probably improve over time is my guess.  In the meantime it serves an important, even vital function.  Instead of complaining about the faults of the app, we should appreciate the virtues of it.

Whether you appreciate it or not, all of us Farangs are guests here in Thailand.  Perhaps we should acknowledge that and appreciate the fact that we are fortunate to be living in such a safe and hospitable place, in spite of the short-term current situation, instead of just finding faults.

If a farang can not afford the costs of 450 THB for cell service (which would be considered dirt cheap by most), perhaps they should consider why they are living in a foreign country without adequate finances, rather than finding faults with the host country.

Edited by WaveHunter

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well, the app will probably improve over time is my guess.  In the meantime it serves an important, even vital function.  Instead of complaining about the faults of the app, we should appreciate the virtues of it.

If a Farang can not afford 450 THB per month for cell phone service (which would be considered dirt cheap by most people) , perhaps they should be more concerned with why they are trying to live long-term in a foreign country without proper finances than with finding fault with this app.

Whether you appreciate it or not, all of us Farangs are guests here in Thailand.  Perhaps we should acknowledge that and appreciate the fact that we are fortunate to be living in such a safe and hospitable place, in spite of the short-term current situation, instead of just finding faults.

I was referring to Thai people, not Farangs.  450 baht is more than daily minimum wage here.  If monthly mobile service was as much as I make in one day,  I would certainly be exploring other options!  ????  At the factory I work in there are quite a few Burmese and Cambodian laborers (They are all legal, have work permits; Immigration has actually come to check before).  Most of them don't have smart phones as they simply don't have enough money after sending most their paychecks back home to support their families.

Hopefully the app does get better.  But since I live and pay taxes here I don't think I'm in the wrong to gripe about how the money is spent, same as my home.

14 minutes ago, n8sail said:

I was referring to Thai people, not Farangs.  450 baht is more than daily minimum wage here.  If monthly mobile service was as much as I make in one day,  I would certainly be exploring other options!  ????  At the factory I work in there are quite a few Burmese and Cambodian laborers (They are all legal, have work permits; Immigration has actually come to check before).  Most of them don't have smart phones as they simply don't have enough money after sending most their paychecks back home to support their families.

Hopefully the app does get better.  But since I live and pay taxes here I don't think I'm in the wrong to gripe about how the money is spent, same as my home.

Well for Thai Nationals or migrants with limited resources, I agree with you that the cost could be an issue, but that does not diminish the viability of the app. 

For those people who can't afford unlimited data, they would not be using the app as heavily as a Farang that would be more mobile (i;e;: be travelling around in a car or motorbike, so it is still a highly useful, even vital app in its' current state. 

What's more, the current situation will not last for long, so it's really a short term stop gap to get us all back to relative normalcy again.

My point is simply that we should all consider ourselves fortunate to be safely living here in Thailand right now as opposed to most other places in the world. 

What we face here in the Kingdom is a short-term setback with the current outbreaks.  If that means being more judicious with keeping your cell phone charged up and/or having to pay a little extra for bandwidth, that's a very small price to pay no matter what your income is. 

Edited by WaveHunter

19 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

At least that's the case with AIS, and I've been very happy with them for several years now.  They provide excellent cell service and coverage throughout the Kingdom,

My Mrs switched from them to True as the data coverage at her home village in Korat was poor from AIS. But I have been happy with them.... I expect I should look into a regular contract, it is just that when I came here it was not available to foreigners. 

How do you run the TV with the power out?

Edited by jacko45k

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

My Mrs switched from them to True as the data coverage at her home village in Korat was poor from AIS. But I have been happy with them.... I expect I should look into a regular contract, it is just that when I came here it was not available to foreigners. 

How do you run the TV with the power out?

I was in the same position when I first moved here with a Tourist Visa.  All it really takes to open a contract with AIS (as opposed to a pre-paid plan) is a Thai bank account.  Even someone on a tourist visa can open a Thai bank account.  The decision is at the discretion of an individual bank officer, not the bank itself and there is no government / banking regulation that prevents it.  It's a little crazy, but even within the same bank branch, one bank officer may deny opening an account, while another will allow it!  This is what happened to me.  Bangkok Bank initially denied my request, and a few days later I went back to the same branch and spoke with a different officer and she cheerfully approved it.  LOL...only in Thailand ????

As for how I run the TV with the power out...I meant that I was able to use my laptop to view TV (via Roku and through my laptop's battery power) by setting up a personal hotspot on my cell phone.  A hotspot is basically just a way to turn your cell phone into a router:

IMG_1343.jpg.010a66a90861583b3514f3ff00560494.jpg

I can also use a hotspot through my cell phone when my condo's wifi goes down, and while AIS's bandwidth isn't as good as my wifi connection, it is enough to easily accommodate video streaming.

Edited by WaveHunter

On 1/11/2021 at 11:04 AM, n8sail said:

DATA USAGE FOR MOR CHANA APP IS FREE

It was announced today on the official daily CCSA update that data usage for use of the Mor Chana app will not be charged to customers by service providers.  Service providers are also upping the bandwidth speed by 100Mbps free of charge to users to offset usage of the app.  The measures being taken by authorities and service providers to ease the burden for all affected by the current situation are pretty impressive IMO.  You can hear the announcement here at https://youtu.be/-4uKifldm7A (at timestamp 8:20 for free data usage and also at 11:35 for upgraded speed).

Edited by WaveHunter

2 hours ago, Terek said:

any idea when travel to Pattaya is restored back to normal?

Nobody knows, first step is likely getting new infection daily numbers down to near zero. But generally restrictions work on a provincial basis.