Quasi lockdown imposed in Chonburi and other COVID-19 hotspots

webfact

I went to Samut Prakan on Monday. At this time it was said they had check posts in more than 20 highways going into Bangkok. I saw them in the frontage roads (as they call them) off from the highway into the towns. In Samut Sakhon I saw traffic queing in long lines, obiously the drivers were checked. For Samut Prakan there were sideways check posts but no car was stopped. Traffic on the highways and main roads was flowing unhindered. Same on my way back same day. Will do the trip again tomorrow. Lets see...

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

The one thing that amazes me is that this isn't implemented nationwide, until February 15 at least.

@Boomer6969 why are people like you so obsessed with lockdowns? and don't tell me its for the good of other people,dont make out you have sort of moral superiority.  i think its just you revel in other peoples misery.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

It was obvious that inter-province travel ought have been banned before the New Year holiday when almost the whole population is on the move.

Similar to the UK allowing Christmas gatherings and now the figures reflect that folly. In Thailand road accident deaths was the far bigger number. 

25 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Smart move. What is far more astonishing is Prayuth's stubborn unwillingness to do this with ground zero, Samut Sakorn province. That should have been locked down like Alcatraz in it's heyday, from day one. The fact that it wasn't, represents extreme dereliction of duty, a betrayal of his people, and utter incompetence. If you did not think he needed to submit his resignation, and step down before, now it is more obvious how "in over his head" the poor man is. 

I understand that for about 1500-2000 sick people , you want to stop 6000 factories.

and put 600.000people in ALCATRAZ    ????

was it you who wrote about dict...ure ?

I’m in Chiang Mai, hoping to drive down to Pattaya at the beginning of February and take residence in a house I rented for 2 months. 

Anyone knows where I apply for the travel certificate? Of course, the authorities may reject my reason as be none-essential, but I might as well try.

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Would it not be sensible to lockdown the whole country for the next month until they have things under control? 

The Thais do have things under control; it's the United States and Western Europe where things are out of control.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

I’m in Chiang Mai, hoping to drive down to Pattaya at the beginning of February

I would stand by for a day or two.... the regulations may change or even be rescinded when they realize how much trouble  and work they have caused. At least it might end up being a form you can print off and fill in yourself like last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ian C HH said:

Live in Hua Hin. Arguing with wife that certificate WILL be needed for any travel to Bangkok ( passes through Samut Sakhon) even for her medical appointment in Bangkok. She says not I say absolutely. Am I correct or ( God forbid) is she? 

I would say your wife is correct, as you say you are merely passing through Samut Sakhon, it’s not like you will be stopping off at the seafood market to grab some prawns. Also the likeliness of the virus making its way through the vents in your car and infecting you is about zero. 

Any roads that branch off the main highway into Samut Sakhon will be closed off, or will have checkpoints preventing unauthorised access, the gas stations along the perimeter road will be closed or they will not be accessible from the highway, so you will not be able to fill up with gas or take a pee.

Interesting you say “God forbid” if your wife is correct ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I would stand by for a day or two.... the regulations may change or even be rescinded when they realize how much trouble  and work they have caused. At least it might end up being a form you can print off and fill in yourself like last year.

Yes, last time my driver I have used for 3 years actually printed out and filled in the form for me.

Not sure the same is possible now.

Edited by bkk6060

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

It was obvious that inter-province travel ought have been banned before the New Year holiday when almost the whole population is on the move. I see by the figures that it's too late now. My main concern was the large number of Bankokians and others who always descend on Pattaya over the holiday. 7 days for the virus to get a grip, didn't expect anything else.

Same same for Koh Chang now in lockdown or are we?, maybe today on, off  tomorrow, it is now but maybe not or could be. hope that is confusing enough. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tambs2020 said:

Unfortunately it is only going to get worse..Good luck and good health to all of you folks !

I hope that everyone comes out on the flip side of this ???? 

The fact is......it can only getter better.

However, it may get worse first.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

The Thais do have things under control; it's the United States and Western Europe where things are out of control.

It’s just the beginning..I hope you don’t need to eat those words in coming weeks and months!

good luck and good health to you! ???? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

We live in Rayong but are on the Chonburi border as both are red zones can we cross into the other the town of Plutaluang is actually divided by the border. 

Do you know of any pig trails if not the locals could probably tell you