Quasi lockdown imposed in Chonburi and other COVID-19 hotspots

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The one thing that amazes me is that this isn't implemented nationwide, until February 15 at least.

Obviously, since last March, the Thai government has been reading up on the British government's "decisive and positive decision making" techniques.

Ummm...it's called trying to prevent dozens of deaths every day.  Sad you don't understand this and just deny the severity of the situation.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

did I miss something?  are people suddenly DYING from corana by the dozens a day ?

no ?  just panic then as usual

Since when did panic and preemptive have the same meaning?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, petermik said:

How many of "all those" do you actually know...and if they are Pattaya residents they will be allowed back in 👍

I live in the province and I am 800km north now, so here is one 🙂

• Like 2

I went to Samut Prakan on Monday. At this time it was said they had check posts in more than 20 highways going into Bangkok. I saw them in the frontage roads (as they call them) off from the highway into the towns. In Samut Sakhon I saw traffic queing in long lines, obiously the drivers were checked. For Samut Prakan there were sideways check posts but no car was stopped. Traffic on the highways and main roads was flowing unhindered. Same on my way back same day. Will do the trip again tomorrow. Lets see...

18 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Illegal gambling dens, is there such a thing as a legal gambling den?

Yes, in the UK called bookmakers.

• Haha 2

Flip flop flip.  I didn't say anything after cha cha flipped it back from lockdown.  I thought it funny but typical. But now I can't hold back my bewilderment. 

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

The one thing that amazes me is that this isn't implemented nationwide, until February 15 at least.

@Boomer6969 why are people like you so obsessed with lockdowns? and don't tell me its for the good of other people,dont make out you have sort of moral superiority.  i think its just you revel in other peoples misery.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, jesimps said:

It was obvious that inter-province travel ought have been banned before the New Year holiday when almost the whole population is on the move.

Similar to the UK allowing Christmas gatherings and now the figures reflect that folly. In Thailand road accident deaths was the far bigger number. 

25 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Smart move. What is far more astonishing is Prayuth's stubborn unwillingness to do this with ground zero, Samut Sakorn province. That should have been locked down like Alcatraz in it's heyday, from day one. The fact that it wasn't, represents extreme dereliction of duty, a betrayal of his people, and utter incompetence. If you did not think he needed to submit his resignation, and step down before, now it is more obvious how "in over his head" the poor man is. 

I understand that for about 1500-2000 sick people , you want to stop 6000 factories.

and put 600.000people in ALCATRAZ    🥶

was it you who wrote about dict...ure ?

Just arrived at Asoke from Pattaya for a medical appointment. Went on the motorway by car, light traffic and plain sailing. No road blocks or checkpoints to be seen. Hopefully will be as easy to return this afternoon. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, jesimps said:

It was obvious that inter-province travel ought have been banned before the New Year holiday when almost the whole population is on the move

could n't agree more.

• Like 1