Quasi lockdown imposed in Chonburi and other COVID-19 hotspots

I’m in Chiang Mai, hoping to drive down to Pattaya at the beginning of February and take residence in a house I rented for 2 months. 

Anyone knows where I apply for the travel certificate? Of course, the authorities may reject my reason as be none-essential, but I might as well try.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The one thing that amazes me is that this isn't implemented nationwide, until February 15 at least.

Obviously, since last March, the Thai government has been reading up on the British government's "decisive and positive decision making" techniques.

Ummm...it's called trying to prevent dozens of deaths every day.  Sad you don't understand this and just deny the severity of the situation.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Would it not be sensible to lockdown the whole country for the next month until they have things under control? 

The Thais do have things under control; it's the United States and Western Europe where things are out of control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
22 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

I’m in Chiang Mai, hoping to drive down to Pattaya at the beginning of February

I would stand by for a day or two.... the regulations may change or even be rescinded when they realize how much trouble  and work they have caused. At least it might end up being a form you can print off and fill in yourself like last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Shuya said:

It's a lock-in and lock-out, no lock-down. PM true to his word....

Hi i am a UK citizen if i book a flight back to uk can i travel from pattaya to Suvarnabhumi airport bangkok to get my flight ? or is the Suvarnabhumi airport , bangkok closed or still open ?  Thanks

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ian C HH said:

Live in Hua Hin. Arguing with wife that certificate WILL be needed for any travel to Bangkok ( passes through Samut Sakhon) even for her medical appointment in Bangkok. She says not I say absolutely. Am I correct or ( God forbid) is she? 

I would say your wife is correct, as you say you are merely passing through Samut Sakhon, it’s not like you will be stopping off at the seafood market to grab some prawns. Also the likeliness of the virus making its way through the vents in your car and infecting you is about zero. 

Any roads that branch off the main highway into Samut Sakhon will be closed off, or will have checkpoints preventing unauthorised access, the gas stations along the perimeter road will be closed or they will not be accessible from the highway, so you will not be able to fill up with gas or take a pee.

Interesting you say “God forbid” if your wife is correct ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I would stand by for a day or two.... the regulations may change or even be rescinded when they realize how much trouble  and work they have caused. At least it might end up being a form you can print off and fill in yourself like last year.

Yes, last time my driver I have used for 3 years actually printed out and filled in the form for me.

Not sure the same is possible now.

Edited by bkk6060
4 hours ago, jesimps said:

It was obvious that inter-province travel ought have been banned before the New Year holiday when almost the whole population is on the move. I see by the figures that it's too late now. My main concern was the large number of Bankokians and others who always descend on Pattaya over the holiday. 7 days for the virus to get a grip, didn't expect anything else.

Same same for Koh Chang now in lockdown or are we?, maybe today on, off  tomorrow, it is now but maybe not or could be. hope that is confusing enough. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Tambs2020 said:

Unfortunately it is only going to get worse..Good luck and good health to all of you folks !

I hope that everyone comes out on the flip side of this 🙂 

The fact is......it can only getter better.

However, it may get worse first.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
51 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

The Thais do have things under control; it's the United States and Western Europe where things are out of control.

It’s just the beginning..I hope you don’t need to eat those words in coming weeks and months!

good luck and good health to you! 🙂 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The fact is......it can only getter better.

However, it may get worse first.

Fact is it WILL get worse long before it gets better!

there’s no MAY about it unfortunately 😕 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

While the authorities have stressed this is not a lockdown, only essential travel is now possible. 

A rose by any other name . . .

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tambs2020 said:

Fact is it WILL get worse long before it gets better!

there’s no MAY about it unfortunately 😕 

Indeed...........but, better will be the final outcome.

It had been pretty damn good for over 6 month.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

We live in Rayong but are on the Chonburi border as both are red zones can we cross into the other the town of Plutaluang is actually divided by the border. 

Do you know of any pig trails if not the locals could probably tell you