Quasi lockdown imposed in Chonburi and other COVID-19 hotspots

webfact

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Had they locked down the country effectively, ie not letting in illegal immigrants who have not been quarantined, (or at least letting the corporations using them know of very severe penalties to deter them), it would never have happened. The takeoff of Covid in Burma was no secret. Ring fencing the 2 Samuts, would have seemed wise, in reality we had employers dumping their illegals all over the Metropolitan area and down the Eastern seaboard. 

Many, many administration and immigration officials should be arrested, charged and imprisoned over this fiasco. Will it happen? No. Why? They are utterly unaccountable, and completely above the law. 

Just another reason why the hapless army needs to surrender power. 

53 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Had they locked down the country effectively, ie not letting in illegal immigrants who have not been quarantined, (or at least letting the corporations using them know of very severe penalties to deter them), it would never have happened. The takeoff of Covid in Burma was no secret. Ring fencing the 2 Samuts, would have seemed wise, in reality we had employers dumping their illegals all over the Metropolitan area and down the Eastern seaboard. 

Plus the TVFers avoiding the rules. From a previous post.

"There are dozens of roads connecting the provinces. They can't possibly check them all. "

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Plus the TVFers avoiding the rules. From a previous post.

"There are dozens of roads connecting the provinces. They can't possibly check them all. "

That quote is used completely out of context!!

Why not show the post it was from? Guess that spoils your point! It was about living on border of 2 red zones ,not avoiding the travel directives! 

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Obviously you are free to believe what you want, many on here seem to think the rules are for others.

Has anyone heard credible estimates of how long gyms, swimming pools, and public exercise spaces are likely to be locked down in Chon Buri province?  I realize there is no definitive answer (so please don't flame with obvious rhetorical and pointless replies). 

I'm just trying to decide whether to invest in a home gym.  If the lockdown is going last for longer than a month, then it will be worth the expense to me, but if I invest over 30,000 THB in a home gym and then my gym re-opens in the next month, that will be upsetting.

Just trying to get a feel for what the duration may be. 

BTW, I agree with SpiderMike and other who are upset about how this has all happened.  The laxity (or worse) of those who were entrusted to make sure this nightmare could not take place after over 6 months of no new domestic cases is absolutely inexcusable!

And they are not the only ones at fault.  I see many people out in public without face masks, or with them slung down on their chin, right here in the red zone of Chon Buri...and most of them are Farangs! 

It's just so damn annoying to see such irresponsibility when this present situation could easily have been avoided!

Edited by WaveHunter

12 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Has anyone heard credible estimates of how long gyms, swimming pools, and public exercise spaces are likely to be locked down in Chon Buri province?  I realize there is no definitive answer (so please don't flame with obvious rhetorical and pointless replies). 

I'm just trying to decide whether to invest in a home gym.  If the lockdown is going last for longer than a month, then it will be worth the expense to me, but if I invest over 30,000 THB in a home gym and then my gym re-opens in the next month, that will be upsetting.

Just trying to get a feel for what the duration may be. 

I think it's on for some time.  At least until the end of January. After that?  Who knows...

Wondering if travel from airport to ALQ Hotel in Pattaya is deemed essential travel...

Has anyone had this experience today or since they imposed tighter restrictions?

I have had an email from the ALQ Hotel saying travel to them is still ok, for now.. But you know how quickly it changes these days. 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Many, many administration and immigration officials should be arrested, charged and imprisoned over this fiasco. Will it happen? No. Why? They are utterly unaccountable, and completely above the law. 

Just another reason why the hapless army needs to surrender power. 

wow wow wow !!!????????????  like you said yesterday put them  in ALCATRAZ ? ????????????...we are happy that you don't have any army with you  because you 'll put Thailand in a really dic...ture !!! it freezes my blood.

...hello , man...army surrenders power since 2ELECTIONS ????????

When we see your posts: always judgements, never  argue, nothing real,  fact ,just jugements from your brain...just a suggestion : did you see any doctor for this syndrom?

be relax, you are in Thailand , country or freedom that elected people try to respect culture and make laws for that ...be free and breathe the good air around you but please , stop to write, it's not your gift and you don't know anything about this country. Relax, relax.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, berton said:

wow wow wow !!!????????????  like you said yesterday put them  in ALCATRAZ ? ????????????...we are happy that you don't have any army with you  because you 'll put Thailand in a really dic...ture !!! it freezes my blood.

When we see your posts: always judgements, never  argue, nothing real,  fact ,just jugements from your brain...just a suggestion : did you see any doctor for this syndrom?

be relax, you are in Thailand , country or freedom that elected people try to respect culture and make laws for that ...be free and breathe the good air around you but please , stop to write, it's not your gift and you don't know anything about this country. Relax, relax.

I am not gifted in writing? Coming from you, that is highly amusing. Articulate? Hmmm. 

Yes. I double down that Samut Sakorn province should have been locked down like Alcatraz, when this epidemic broke out again. I think thousands on this forum would agree, that was the correct thing to do. 

This will be my last reply to you. You can't bait me any longer. And honestly, your replies do not deserve a response. Work harder formulating a reasonable argument, please. 

19 minutes ago, berton said:

Trying to read your post just gave me a headache...thanks.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, berton said:

Started drinking early?  Drugs? Gotta be something....wow...

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Has anyone heard credible estimates of how long gyms, swimming pools, and public exercise spaces are likely to be locked down in Chon Buri province?

Would depend on infection numbers but there is an evaluation at the end of the month so surely to then minimum.

(Just polished my  crystal balxs).

Edited by jacko45k

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Would depend on infection numbers but there is an evaluation at the end of the month so surely to then minimum.

(Just polished my  crystal balxs).

Just annoys the hell out of me that we could go for 6 months of good controls that kept us all safe, and now we have to start off the new year with this huge mess that was COMPLETELY avoidable if certain entities (which will go unnamed) had been more responsible (or less selfish and greedy, if you believe some of the reports that are surfacing)!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJ Patts said:

Wondering if travel from airport to ALQ Hotel in Pattaya is deemed essential travel...

Has anyone had this experience today or since they imposed tighter restrictions?

I have had an email from the ALQ Hotel saying travel to them is still ok, for now.. But you know how quickly it changes these days. 

Bump

Just now, WaveHunter said:

Just annoys the hell out of me that we could go for 6 months of good controls that kept us all safe, and now we have to start off the new year with this huge mess that was COMPLETELY avoidable if certain entities (which will go unnamed) had been more responsible (or less selfish and greedy, if you believe some of the reports that are surfacing)!

Absolutely agree. But workers were surely coming in prior to the recent Thai explosion of infections.... they didn't just suddenly decide to bring them last month... (or am I completely wrong and the shrimp farms have seasonal labour??) 

It ties in with the Covid numbers in Burma too which took off mid September onwards.

Ritual BS that only the idiots believe !

How do you want to check thousands of cars taking the motorway everyday ?

I just drove from CHONBURI to BKK and then back to CHONBURI and OF COURSE not even 1 stop and check on the way.

Ridiculous has a face.

7 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

I just drove from CHONBURI to BKK and then back to CHONBURI and OF COURSE not even 1 stop and check on the way.

Ridiculous has a face.

As I work in Bangkok, 

I just drove Pattaya to Bangkok--free as normal..no checkpoints or any police.

So much conflicting information.

10 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

Ridiculous has a face.

Even though it was announced the other day, as of 6am today, it is now being enforced...strictly, AS IT SHOULD BE!

Speaking of idiots, like the ones who think it's ok to flaunt protective measure such as wearing face masks in public, they should note that it is no longer a suggestion, but the law now in "red"provinces such as Chin Buri.

Anyone foolish and irresponsible enough to venture out in public without a face mask (on their face, not hanging down below their chin), can (and absolutely should) be arrested and heavily fined.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Even though it was announced the other day, as of 6am today, it is now being enforced...strictly, AS IT SHOULD BE!

Speaking of idiots, like the ones who think it's ok to flaunt protective measure such as wearing face masks in public, they should note that it is no longer a suggestion, but the law now in "red districts.

Anyone foolish and irresponsible to venture out in public without a face mask (on their face, not hanging down below their chin), can (and absolutely should) be arrested and heavily fined.  

Hey we talking about motorway travel, not facemasks. get with the program.

And yes on the facemask issue..agree 100% must wear. Actually put on even when driving.

Edited by couchpotato

3 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Speaking of idiots, like the ones who think it's ok to flaunt protective measure such as wearing face masks in public, they should note that it is no longer a suggestion, but the law now in "red"provinces such as Chin Buri.

Anyone foolish and irresponsible enough to venture out in public without a face mask (on their face, not hanging down below their chin), can (and absolutely should) be arrested and heavily fined.

I even wear face masks in my car but i do not open my window to anyone, especially dirty cops.

14 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Hey we talking about motorway travel, not facemasks. get with the program.

All protective measures are part of the bigger picture...face masks included!  Anyone who criticizes or mocks protective measures such as checkpoints, or are like all the people I still see wandering around in public without face masks needs "get with the program"

Bureaucratic blunders aside, the public (and that includes us Farangs) share in the responsibility for this current mess!  Criticizing and mocking efforts to contain these outbreaks are the height of idiocy and lack of concern for others!

If you're not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Sad 1

Live in Na Jomtien, drive to Map Ya in Rayong (just north of Map Ta Phut) every day to work.   No checkpoint this morning either on 7 extension or Sukhumvit.

I think there was one yesterday on 36 road west-bound on my way home, waited in traffic for about 5 minutes, but then all the police moved off to the side of the road and let everyone through.   I was a little nervous as my work had not yet given me my letter saying I live in Chonburi but work in Rayong.

Will see what happens today.  I do not have the form filled out and signed by "authorities" linked to above.  I'm assured by my co-workers that a letter from the company will suffice.

Just installed Morchana today.  Holy <deleted> what a privacy invasion!!   1984 here we come...   :(

21 hours ago, MRJOHNNY said:

Likewise, my son lives in Rayong province  in Wangchan district, yet 200 yards down the road in the village where his school, friends and most of the local shops are in klong sipbaed, it is in Chonburi province.

My house and my front garden are in different provinces, the border is at my front door. My garden is RED!

For those having issues with Morchana, I had no issues at all installing ThaiChana.  Perhaps you should give it a try.  Unlike the first iteration of the app, the one I downloaded is multi-lingual so it's very easy to install and use.

For those concerned with privacy issues of the apps, I was too initially.  After researching it, I'm no longer concerned.  The benefits far outweigh privacy concerns (which really are nil IMO). 

Furthermore, more and more stores, restaurants, and other services will be denying entrance unless you have it over the coming days.

Edited by WaveHunter

17 minutes ago, n8sail said:

Will see what happens today.  I do not have the form filled out and signed by "authorities" linked to above.  I'm assured by my co-workers that a letter from the company will suffice.

You will absolutely need the forms.  As of 6am today, they are mandatory, and the queues of people lining up to get them validated is testament to that.

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

You will absolutely need the forms.  As of 6am today, they are mandatory, and the queues of people lining up to get them validated is testament to that.

I'm told that it's required for one-off trips outside of the province.  If you must do it daily, my HR people tell me that a letter is enough.   Thousands, probably tens of thousands of vehicles a day make this commute to Rayong.  There is absolutely NO way they could issue enough of these forms every day.

BTW, Thai chana and MorChana are not the same thing.  Morchana always tracks you via GPS/Triangulated Cell signal/Wifi and also Bluetooth (All four methods of tracking the phone are asked for if you check the app permissions).  Thaichana, as I understand it, is only used to checking into and out of malls/shops etc.   Writing in your name/number is just as legal and sufficient.

18 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Furthermore, more and more stores, restaurants, and other services will be denying entrance unless you have it over the coming days.

You are saying people without smart phones will be banned?