Quasi lockdown imposed in Chonburi and other COVID-19 hotspots

webfact

39 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Hey we talking about motorway travel, not facemasks. get with the program.

And yes on the facemask issue..agree 100% must wear. Actually put on even when driving.

The whole reason behind masks is/was to stop YOU spreading the virus, if you are contageous, when you cough/speak/sneeze.

What use is wearing a mask if you are driving alone in your own car?

As for people making their own masks from old clothes is like trying stop a mosquito with chicken wire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Started drinking early?  Drugs? Gotta be something....wow.

☺️no thx, never touch anything like this but cared for this: a lot , and for deseases in brain too.

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Trying to read your post just gave me a headache...thanks.

sorry , in the country of spidermike you 'd have more .

Since I read posts of people here I see some exaggerations, some are close to extreme 

but dict...ture solutions like that (from somebody who always criticize this governement ) like close province like ALCATRAZ ..;is a total unresonable idea and crazy thought. He just write to...criticise : pages and pages ...but no other example , no real situation, no good words .

So , when somebody dont know about 1 subject , I think that it's better to shut up.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, n8sail said:

I'm told that it's required for one-off trips outside of the province.  If you must do it daily, my HR people tell me that a letter is enough.   Thousands, probably tens of thousands of vehicles a day make this commute to Rayong.  There is absolutely NO way they could issue enough of these forms every day.

BTW, Thai chana and MorChana are not the same thing.  Morchana always tracks you via GPS/Triangulated Cell signal/Wifi and also Bluetooth (All four methods of tracking the phone are asked for if you check the app permissions).  Thaichana, as I understand it, is only used to checking into and out of malls/shops etc.   Writing in your name/number is just as legal and sufficient.

Good to know the differences between the apps; I was not aware.  My only concern was not to be denied entrance to shops, and to be notified if an outbreak occurs in places you have visited and used the app.  ThaiChan accomplishes that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, berton said:

☺️no thx, never touch anything like this but cared for this: a lot , and for deseases in brain too.

sorry , in the country of spidermike you 'd have more .

Since I read posts of people here I see some exaggerations, some are close to extreme 

but dict...ture solutions like that (from somebody who always criticize this governement ) like close province like ALCATRAZ ..;is a total unresonable idea and crazy thought. He just write to...criticise : pages and pages ...but no other example , no real situation, no good words .

So , when somebody dont know about 1 subject , I think that it's better to shut up.

Well I'm not familiar with all of his posts, but in regard to the current situation, authorities clearly dropped the ball and should indeed be criticized for it by all of us who are impacted by their irresponsible (and possibly corrupt) actions and/or inactions.   The public should be angry and let it be known that they are.

I applaud the efforts of the government in how they were able to keep us all safe over the last 6 months, but all it takes is a blunder such as the cases of migrant workers who were enabled to enter the country illegally (probably for financial gain of certain corrupt officials and employers) , and here we are...back to square one.  We, the public, pay the ultimate price!

In fact, we are actually in a far more serious situation then when this all started almost a year ago!  SO I see no reason that people like the Op should not be angry.  I certainly am.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The whole reason behind masks is/was to stop YOU spreading the virus, if you are contageous, when you cough/speak/sneeze.

What use is wearing a mask if you are driving alone in your own car?

As for people making their own masks from old clothes is like trying stop a mosquito with chicken wire.

Why is it important even in a car?  Because it shows others that you respect the seriousness of the situation, and that you respect the safety and wellbeing of others beside yourself.

Personally, I don't really believe masks are that effective at protecting the wearer, but I do believe they provide a degree of protection to those around that person, so if everybody wear them, we live in a safer place.

But just as important, it sends a message to those around you that YOU care about THEM, and in a place like Thailand where basic respect for others is a cornerstone of the culture, that's important.  

Way before Covid, Thai people wore masks even with a minor cold to protect others, not themselves.  To those of us Farangs who flaunt such protective measures, it not only makes it less safe for us all, but it is in insult to Thai culture.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Why is it important even in a car?  Because it shows others that you respect the seriousness of the situation, and that you respect the safety and wellbeing of others beside yourself.

Personally, I don't really believe masks are that effective at protecting the wearer, but I do believe they provide a degree of protection to those around that person, so if everybody wear them, we live in a safer place.

But just as important, it sends a message to those around you that YOU care about THEM, and in a place like Thailand where basic respect for others is a cornerstone of the culture, that's important.

To those of us Farangs who flaunt such protective measures, it not only makes it less safe for us all, but it is in insult to Thai culture.

You don't need to repeat what I said about who the mask is supposed to protect. Wearing it in the car is a bit like having a J Arthur with a johnnie on!   LOL

Where do you get the idea that basic respect for others is part of Thai culture?

I shall personally NOT wear my mask in MY vehicle no matter what the Thias peering through my tinted windows think. When I get out, on goes the mask.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You don't need to repeat what I said about who the mask is supposed to protect.

Where do you get the idea that basic respect for others is part of Thai culture?

I shall personally NOT wear my mask in MY vehicle no matter what the Thias peering through my tinted windows think. When I get out, on goes the mask.

You take my comment about wearing in a car far too literally.  I was simply making a point that wearing a mask in public even if does not protect anyone is still a positive thing because it sends a message that you care about other people, not just yourself.

There are just far too many Farangs who don't care about anybody but themselves, and it can make us pretty ugly in the eyes of others.

As to why I say that basic respect for others is a part of Thai culture?  Because it is!  If you don't appreciate this fact, then you really know very little about Thai people, their history, and their culture.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

As to why I say that basic respect for others is a part of Thai culture?  Because it is!  If you don't appreciate this fact, then you really know very little about Thai people, their history, and their culture.

Yet I see so many examples of selfishness particularly on the roads. The way you seem to see them is likely more about their history. I think the respect you see for other applies less to foreigners. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yet I see so many examples of selfishness particularly on the roads. The way you seem to see them is likely more about their history. I think the respect you see for other applies less to foreigners. 

If you are referring to Thai people on the roads, I would strongly disagree.  Thailand has been my home base now for over 3 years.  I'm a bicyclist and ride daily, and often long road rides through major traffic on the roads here around Pattaya and also up in Chiang Mai. 

I have always been shown the utmost courtesy and friendliness from Thai people in cars.  I never had a run-in with a Thai person.  The ones I have been hit by (twice) or had close calls (many times) in every single case was a foreigner. 

I'm not saying that there are some mighty crazy Thai drivers on the roads here but in every case I can think of, they've always shown respect to those of us who ride bicycles.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Because the reality of what occurs on Thai roads is so at odds with what you say.... and certainly at odds with how I see things, that I can only conclude you are. 

Well sorry that we disagree.  What I've said is simply my point of view based on what my experiences have been living here for several years.  That does not make me a troll, which, BTW, is a very insulting thing to accuse someone of for simply voicing their unbiased observations!

Edited by WaveHunter

9 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well sorry that we disagree.  What I've said is simply my point of view based on what my experiences have been living here for several years.  That does not make me a troll, which, BTW, is a very insulting thing to accuse someone of!

You said 3 years before. My opinion comes from somewhat longer times in Thailand, driving cars and motorcycles, and perhaps the worst, being a pedestrian! 

I edited the other comment.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You said 3 years before. My opinion comes from somewhat longer times in Thailand, driving cars and motorcycles, and perhaps the worst, being a pedestrian! 

You're entitled to your opinion; I'm entitled to mine.  To accuse someone of being a troll for a difference of opinion is grossly insulting and uncalled for.  If that's the kind of mindset you have then it's no wonder you have such a negative view of Thai people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Thank you. Would rather reply to you, than to Berton, as you are more rational, applying common sense to this, and not simply advocating for an incompetent administration. 

There is absolutely no justification for the failure to not immediately lock down Samut province after the outbreak. It will be remembered as a stunning degree of malfeasance and ineptitude. 

It will be interesting to see what news stories will be allow to come out of Samut province in the coming weeks / months.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

the cases of migrant workers who were enabled to enter the country illegally (probably for financial gain of certain corrupt officials and employers) , and here we are...back to square one.  We, the public, pay the ultimate price!

...so who knows about this? you? me? all the people who write here only reviews? the governement? certaintly not.

2400km to control, not easy ! we live close to the border (15km)and a place for navy who control 150km  and employ volunteers every nights. Here there is obsession with corruption...

In the beginning 1 place : 500 migrants; why? because after 8 month that the governement managed so well (all the world greet  his measures) the fishing companies let their workers coming back in their families : ok,good ,right? ...problem, Burma have a lot of covid !

So theses business had to find illegal ways to take back their workers (cannot pay quarantines) ....this is the fact !

ok what to do?............................. ignore like these boss? (here is the corruption), close immediatly all the province with 600.000 people working , living and put them in condition of ALCATRAZ like our friend dictator write?........why only 1 province? why not the 3 provinces which touch Samut sakon?...why not all the provinces which use burmese workers (about 30/76) ...or lockdown all the Kingdom for 1 month?

After 500 cases? ...or 3 days later after 1000 cases? 

When can we say that it's too late?

I'm doctor, even not my speciality , epidemiologists tell you : 1/ close the first little area, if some cases are out , close a bigger area, after that a 3rd area more big untill the province or nation with more and more restrictions .

In 3 weeks , with hindsight, I think that's exactly what's the govenement did ...maybe a little slow (3-4 days ) but you cannot condemn all population in a province after 2-3 days pandemic: it's unfair and contrary to the WHO.

PS: what about USA,UK,Italy,France, Brasil?................. some people from these country have to comment from their country not for Thailand where they are welcome....

• Confused 1

An update on the severity of the "Very Strict Measures" controlling movements between Rayong and Chonburi.

This morning, 09:30, drove from Na Jomtien to Map Ya district Rayong via Bang Chang expressway and Sukhumvit, nary a checkpoint or even police in sight.

Just now, arrived to condo in Na Jomtien from work in Rayong via 36 Road, Route 331 to Huay Yai Road, and on 7 extension...  All but about 5km of these roads are 4+ lane major roads, so not exactly sneaking around here....  Zero checkpoints.   There was one 'side of the road' checkpoint just to the west of where Route 3191 intersects 36 Road, which yesterday on my way home at similar time I believe was actually checking cars, but let everyone through soon after I got stuck in the traffic.   The BIB were milling about.  A car sped by me at 115+kph (90kph zone), none of them even looked up.

I turned on Morchana App for the 35 minute trip, it burned 2% of my phone battery (According to Android's App management utility)  Gmail, which I ran and used heavily all day, didn't use enough battery to register anything at all, just said 0%.    Brilliant app, Thailand!  Some users in Play Store comments complained that in 15 days the app burned through 15+ gigabytes of 4G data.   So not only do you need a smart phone to be 'legal' here, you better have yourself a very large data package to go with it!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leaver said:
4 hours ago, berton said:

maybe a little slow

Do you think?  

for Ebola , it took 8 month for more morbidity from 1st to 4th step (lockdown the province)

dont forget that covid 19 is not a very mortal virus.

Yes just a little slow....can you give me a country which made a lockdown (province or country) in 3 weeks?.......................................................................... 0................................................................................................in the whole world !

don't ask to Thailand what it was never used because the people who are responsible have to receive a lot of informations, with medical statistics, define the geography of development of virus,  test categories of people in the 1st circle , test around a 2nd circle, test different social groups of people , observ, follow the asymptomatic people. isolate the new clusters , test them. It needs a little time.

may the critical writers here understand?

3 weeks are NOTHING !!!

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

You're entitled to your opinion; I'm entitled to mine.  To accuse someone of being a troll for a difference of opinion is grossly insulting and uncalled for.  If that's the kind of mindset you have then it's no wonder you have such a negative view of Thai 

So you ride a pushbike, that's nice, dangerous but nice, enjoy.

18 hours ago, berton said:

don't ask to Thailand what it was never used because the people who are responsible have to receive a lot of informations,

The people who are responsible here are only used to receiving money, not information.  ????

Would you care to comment on the Thai authorities that took bribes that let the virus back into Thailand?  

7 minutes ago, berton said:

oh I see you don't live here ! 

I live in Pattaya.

8 minutes ago, berton said:

dont forget all innvestigations about mr Prayut for hidden enrichment : nothing found !

And you believe it?  How naive.  

9 minutes ago, berton said:

for me the mst important is not  bla bla bla but FACTS

You shouldn't be fo0oled by the smoke and mirror here.

10 minutes ago, berton said:

queues fr donate? did you ever come in Thailand every times there is a problem?

Just one of many articles. 2km food queue.

https://thethaiger.com/news/chiang-mai/food-queues-run-2-kilometres-around-chiang-mai-moat

You sound like you invested too much in Thailand and you really need to believe.  

5 minutes ago, berton said:

1/ ???? hey man : investigations from ...opponents of Prayut  !!! his worst ennemies : politics and journalists : never find anything : a house with his wife , no diamond , no boat , big car , nothing ..why do you think  king Rama 9 chose him?

2/ sorry , you live in Pattaya : ok , 2 places where is not Thailand : big hotels in Phuket and Pattaya . You just know bar girls and beer .

What do you know about investments of the governement , the problems of Isaan?

3/ for donations : you should know that people very rich  (yes, most of them who live from corruption) , when a big problem arrive in Thailand , they organize big donations for people . Thai culture is like that, you cannot understand .

And for all these projects that are moving now? did you see? did you go somewhere to see them?

did you hear about konlakrung? do you see poor people go in some place and pay half because their govenrnement will pay half ? 

do you reed a littlle thai? are you interesting with thai culture and their life? 

look at all this governement do for all of them : incredible ...because for us, wertern people we don't have this survival sharing ; 

me first is the currency of the farang in Pattaya ...that why theese ladies see you like a credit card .

I'll give you 4 years, maximum, before you have to go home, broke, and onto benefits.  ????

15 minutes ago, berton said:

1/ ???? hey man : investigations from ...opponents of Prayut  !!! his worst ennemies : politics and journalists : never find anything : a house with his wife , no diamond , no boat , big car , nothing ..why do you think  king Rama 9 chose him?

2/ sorry , you live in Pattaya : ok , 2 places where is not Thailand : big hotels in Phuket and Pattaya . You just know bar girls and beer .

What do you know about investments of the governement , the problems of Isaan?

3/ for donations : you should know that people very rich  (yes, most of them who live from corruption) , when a big problem arrive in Thailand , they organize big donations for people . Thai culture is like that, you cannot understand .

And for all these projects that are moving now? did you see? did you go somewhere to see them?

did you hear about konlakrung? do you see poor people go in some place and pay half because their govenrnement will pay half ? 

do you reed a littlle thai? are you interesting with thai culture and their life? 

look at all this governement do for all of them : incredible ...because for us, wertern people we don't have this survival sharing ; 

me first is the currency of the farang in Pattaya ...that why theese ladies see you like a credit card .

What happened to your nice avatar Steven?

And please use a bit of respect, and say Khun Prayuth