Trump invited supporters to "wild" protest, and told them to fight. They did.

webfact

7 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Given this moment in history demonstrating a flaw in the US system perhaps the opportunity exists for an amendment to the US Constitution that provides for some limitations on a demonstrably demented POTUS ? Such as definitively eliminating  pre-emptive and self pardons, invoking meritless attacks on the implementation of the electoral process for personal objectives by way of abuse of power and protection etc etc ?

Can it honestly  be claimed that the US abides by the principles of  democracy when it's president is enabled  to be as unaccountable as a Dictator?

The idlest possible dreaming.  The Constitution will never be amended again, because of the requirement of super-majorities in the House, the Senate, and among the States.  The last amendment took over 200 years to be ratifies.  So forget amendments to the Constitution.

Republicans in Congress is considering an impeachment of Trump that will disqualify him from running for office and more importantly from destroying America again. I sincerely hope they do it and put the final nail to the crazy political aspiration of this lunatic. For all that he done to destroy democracy and trample on the constitution, he must be held accountable one way or the other.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Republicans in Congress is considering an impeachment of Trump that will disqualify him from running for office and more importantly from destroying America again. I sincerely hope they do it and put the final nail to the crazy political aspiration of this lunatic. For all that he done to destroy democracy and trample on the constitution, he must be held accountable one way or the other.  

I don't like Bolton, but he just went on air to say why it can't happen.  Impeachment or invoking the 25th.  Just not enough time before he's gone anyway.

4 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I don't like Bolton, but he just went on air to say why it can't happen.  Impeachment or invoking the 25th.  Just not enough time before he's gone anyway.

I hope both houses can condense the process and impeach Trump. He simply must never be in any political equation. 
https://www.businessinsider.com/democratic-reps-impeach-trump-riots-capitol-hill-2021-1

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Given this moment in history demonstrating a flaw in the US system perhaps the opportunity exists for an amendment to the US Constitution that provides for some limitations on a demonstrably demented POTUS ? Such as definitively eliminating  pre-emptive and self pardons, invoking meritless attacks on the implementation of the electoral process for personal objectives by way of abuse of power and protection etc etc ?

Can it honestly  be claimed that the US abides by the principles of  democracy when it's president is enabled  to be as unaccountable as a Dictator?

I worked for a guy in the IT department. He explained to me (back in the days of Windows NT 4.0 mind you!) that the Windows OS is not perfect, but if you keep removing the bad components the result is a more perfect union between RAM and CPU. America is the same. Not perfect, but this test has shown democracy is still alive. Limping, but still alive.

The REAL test will be whether or not 45 is held accountable. It cannot be argued now - he's a horrible man who will stop at nothing to remain in power. The incoming AG, as well as SDNY, must hold him completely accountable and pay for his sins.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Some will face jail for their treason but most will just get a lousy t-shirt.

71306548_TrumpsArmy.jpg.3c77a0dcdac6f0b8b4190fbc81e0bf63.jpg

I think you missed something that I added "Some will face jail for their treason but most will just get a lousy RED t-shirt"  hope you don't mind  555