District offices swamped by people needing to travel as new restrictions come into force

webfact

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

Samut Sakhon, Chonburi, Rayong, Trat and Chanthaburi have all been placed in the severest level of Covid-19 restrictions meaning that only completely necessary travel to and from these areas is permitted. 

So what is the next level down "necessary travel" (i.e. between a red province and another red province or a yellow province)? That I don't really understand how its being applied or controlled.

At least this one is very clear what it is and what you need to do (thanks to this article).

Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estates and Amati City to name a few, employee thousands that live in Chonburi. If they prohibit them from going to work, it will be a disaster to the Thai economy. Another example of this government leaping before looking.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estates and Amati City to name a few, employee thousands that live in Chonburi. If they prohibit them from going to work, it will be a disaster to the Thai economy. Another example of this government leaping before looking.

It just needs some Sanity to prevail in this situation.

Employees should just be issue with a Company Headed letter, and Rubber stamp.

All too easy IMO

• Like 1

It is indicative of two things to me.

If these travel permits were required during the first wave lock down last year, then beyond factories and the trans-national shipping companies, maybe nobody bothered too much with it? However, if there was an 'honesty' system that prevailed last year, the government is aware that this won't work in light of this new, highly-infectious mutation, hence this travel permit requirement.

52 minutes ago, Whale said:

So what is the next level down "necessary travel" (i.e. between a red province and another red province or a yellow province)? That I don't really understand how its being applied or controlled.

At least this one is very clear what it is and what you need to do (thanks to this article).

Regardless if your province is red, orange or yellow, the overwhelming advice is for people EVERYWHERE to stay home and NOT travel unless it is essential. Unfortunately, the article cites "completely necessary" travel that suggests the next level down is "necessary travel".

It is either ESSENTIAL or NON-ESSENTIAL. One needs to decide on that BEFORE going on the local district office and make their job easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Surely no travel means no travel. No exceptions! 

All those in the photo should be immediately banned from travel for congregating in groups more than ...7?

No exceptions to travel would mean almost certain closure of some essential services, interrupt the supply chain etc.

There are several reasons why exceptions have to be made.

As for the people in the photo, sorry, I strongly disagree, this is not their fault, it is the lack of thought by the local authorities that have put the restrictions in place without any proper notice, or clear instructions and didn't put a safe queue system in place after knowing that a lot of people would come.

On 1/7/2021 at 8:50 AM, VocalNeal said:

Surely no travel means no travel. No exceptions! 

All those in the photo should be immediately banned from travel for congregating in groups more than ...7?

It's no unecessary travel, not no travel.

On 1/7/2021 at 8:51 AM, Whale said:

By submission of the appropriate envelope do doubt.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:50 AM, Cake Monster said:

It just needs some Sanity to prevail in this situation.

Employees should just be issue with a Company Headed letter, and Rubber stamp.

All too easy IMO

Just what I was thinking, All those truck delivery drivers, I have to wait till Mon for certain things i want from D-save . Surely it would be ridicules for all delivery drivers to attend these offices, delaying essential supplies but TIT and paperwork piles go hand in hand.

Vogons (hitch hikers guide) Where you need to fill a form out in triplicate to obtain the form you require that also must be in triplicate.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

Just a thought... its been about 15 months since this thing got out of the lab. They haven't stopped it.

It lives on glass, stainless steel, door handles and money for up to 28 days.

Its already mutated several times.

Do you honestly for one second think they're going to stop it? Not a hope in hell!!

14 minutes ago, Shammy said:

Just a thought... its been about 15 months since this thing got out of the lab. They haven't stopped it.

It lives on glass, stainless steel, door handles and money for up to 28 days.

Its already mutated several times.

Do you honestly for one second think they're going to stop it? Not a hope in hell!!

So far, the vaccines are effective against the current strains.

3 hours ago, Seattle2k said:

So far, the vaccines are effective against the current strains.

Some rather worrying reports of a strain ex South Africa that current vaccines might not be effective against. I am sure it is being investigated now. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Some rather worrying reports of a strain ex South Africa that current vaccines might not be effective against. I am sure it is being investigated now. 

The Pfizer vaccine has been reported in the UK and South Africa as being effective against the new strain ????

Edited by petermik
  • Thanks 2

On 1/7/2021 at 10:10 AM, Mattd said:

No exceptions to travel would mean almost certain closure of some essential services, interrupt the supply chain etc.

There are several reasons why exceptions have to be made.

As for the people in the photo, sorry, I strongly disagree, this is not their fault, it is the lack of thought by the local authorities that have put the restrictions in place without any proper notice, or clear instructions and didn't put a safe queue system in place after knowing that a lot of people would come.

I have to travel from Pattaya to Bangkok to hospital and am disabled I cant stand for a long time