Which 3 cryptoes for medium to long term?

I'm looking at gambling a useable amount of money in to 3 main stream cyrptoes for at least 2 years, possibly up to 10 years.

It's for holding and not trading.

Which 3 main stream cyrptoes do you think will likely perform best in this period?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTC, ETH, DOT

besides all that marketing gibberish, do you understand how exactly blockchain technology works? I do, and that's why I believe Bitcoin will die.  

Marketing gibberish??? Seems like you have difficulties with understanding. 😆 So, I am very interested! Your knowledge about blockchain technology, tells you that Bitcion is going to die???? And pl

Take a look at PoS ("proof of stake") coins, they require much less electricity than traditional PoW ("proof of work" = have to be mined) coins thus better for ecology in the long term, and ecology is going to be the major factor in the future.

IMHO:

Bitcoin will die as it is a PoW coin and has many major problems that are not going to be resolved in the foreseeable future;

Ethereum might stay long, IF they make a successful transition from current PoW to "Ethereum 2.0" PoS system;

Monero, despite being a PoW coin, will stay long as it still could be mined on the usual computers (not extremely expensive ASICs like required for Bitcoin) = everyone could be mining Monero. Also it is almost untraceable (useful for drug dealers, etc). But expect it to be hard to cash out and severily regulated (because useful for drug dealers, etc 😄 );

Also Dash might stay long, IF they make a PoS only system (currently PoW+PoS combined), and a clear distinction between "Private Send" coins (almost untraceable) and "usual" traceable coins, thus allowing a government regulation.

Concerning the current top coins - Litecoin, Dogecoin, Stellar Lumens, et cetera - all are just a joke.

Also I have no idea why we need Polkadot, EOS, TRON, and whatever else smart-contract-capable networks if we already have the Ethereum.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1

ETH fees are extremely high and unpredictable. That makes all applications on this platform vulnerable.

Bitcoin will stay as the new Gold.

Alternatives are already mentioned, Cardano, also Polkadot.

• Like 1
On 1/7/2021 at 10:18 AM, fdsa said:

Take a look at PoS ("proof of stake") coins, they require much less electricity than traditional PoW ("proof of work" = have to be mined) coins thus better for ecology in the long term, and ecology is going to be the major factor in the future.

IMHO:

Bitcoin will die as it is a PoW coin and has many major problems that are not going to be resolved in the foreseeable future;

Ethereum might stay long, IF they make a successful transition from current PoW to "Ethereum 2.0" PoS system;

Monero, despite being a PoW coin, will stay long as it still could be mined on the usual computers (not extremely expensive ASICs like required for Bitcoin) = everyone could be mining Monero. Also it is almost untraceable (useful for drug dealers, etc). But expect it to be hard to cash out and severily regulated (because useful for drug dealers, etc 😄 );

Also Dash might stay long, IF they make a PoS only system (currently PoW+PoS combined), and a clear distinction between "Private Send" coins (almost untraceable) and "usual" traceable coins, thus allowing a government regulation.

Concerning the current top coins - Litecoin, Dogecoin, Stellar Lumens, et cetera - all are just a joke.

Also I have no idea why we need Polkadot, EOS, TRON, and whatever else smart-contract-capable networks if we already have the Ethereum.

You are extremely wrong!

Why would bitcoin die out? It will continue to new highs, but will during the time and before that lose in value. However, it´s not at all impossible that it will reach 100 000 dollar in value. For someone that want´s to invest at this stage, it´s not such a great idé, though. The risk is too high and the potential earnings would only be a possible maximum of 2,5x the initial investment.

As I am already in the game, and want to have the greatest potential on every single investment, I am always searching for the new exploding crypto. If you look at bitcoin, it have developed to fantastic numbers, and there are people that made far over 10 000% to 50 000% on their initial investment.

At the moment I am strongly following the movements of XRP, and they are telling me a strong indication that this might be one that will explod and raise extremely much in the coming 2-3 years. Here, there is according to me a potential to make all from 500% upp to 1 000% on an investment over 2-3 year. For a period of 10 year, you must be a wizard to predict anything and the people with knowledge would still call it guesswork.

What I also see as a potential investment is the upcoming Facebook Libra, if it will be launched. It´s now in it´s first projection stage, and we will see if that one becomes available in this year.

The thing that everyone talks about Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash and other cryptos that has already reached a value is boring. Here you have to invest more money with almost the same risk as well as a lower potential raise and gain on your investment.

3 hours ago, MadMac said:

Bitcoin will stay as the new Gold.

Only physical gold is gold, the rest is alchemy. But why not, if there's money to make

Bitcoin is the same as Gold, you should have some. Ethereum is the Oil you fill in your car, and then there is something else depending on your risk appetite.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pikao said:

Only physical gold is gold, the rest is alchemy. But why not, if there's money to make

Well, you can't make chips out of Bitcoin as you can with Gold, valid point 🙂