Which 3 cryptoes for medium to long term?

JeffersLos

Amazing and to be expected that while everyone is concentrating on other Crypto a financial reset and update is happening right under our noses and only 1 person has mentioned it in this whole thread.

BTC maxis and other Crypto fans hate the Gov and the banks but when I invested a few years back and doing research I could not understand why people thought that any crypto would take over the world and eliminate Banking from each country.

I immediately thought NO WAY in hell any country is going to let that happen and we can see I was right when LIBRA was proposed by facebook.

Instantly countries started to move against the idea because no way is any country going to give up control of their financial local currency or allow anyone or any coin to take over.

That is why when looking one coin stuck out that goes against all principles of the BTC maximalists and Cryto crowd and was aimed at working with Central Banks around the world and complying with all regulations along the way.

A Coin which would work to update an analog financial system that has not been updated since the early 1970.s

Cross Border payments to this day use basically a FAX system to send money worldwide which takes days and costs a lot each bank has to have sufficient money on deposit (called Nostro Vostro accounts) to guarantee the money transfers are settled )

Bitcoin will remain as a store of value although I do expect some regulations to come into play especially after Christine Laguards most recent comments calling for regulation.

The coin I refer to is XRP which just a few short years ago had no use case but is now used by financial institutions worldwide as well as many banks all over the world.

You can hate banks all you want as well as Governments but the reality is they are never going to let Crypto take over unless it is using their own digital currencies issued by their own banks and guess what blockchain they will use to move money all over the world 

the XRP ledger 

XRP is designed specifically for this and with the new FLARE network about to launch it allows banks to create their own CBDC (CENTRAL BANK DIGITAL CURRENCY) which is what will happen with every country they will have their OWN digital currency issued by their own financial institutions.

XRP will the the bridge between all the worlds new Digital currencies they will be able to instantly send lets say a Digital Dollar to Thailand have it instantly converted to thai baht at the current exchange rate and into your bank accoun it all happens from end to end in less than 3 seconds and costs a tiny fraction of todays wire fee's.

Dont believe me? do your research because SCB Bank and Kasikorn are partners with Ripple and already using the XRP LEDGER.

At this time XRP is as cheap as bitcoin was back in 2012 and anyone could buy 1000 today and take a gamble (you could not buy a 1000 bitcoins today at $30,000 each)

As for the haters I will inevitably get

i will say this 

If Bitcoin was to be released TODAY nobody would want it as it has no utility, is way expensive to use, way too slow and uses too much power to mine.

I am not a BTC hater and I think it will continue to rise and be the digital Gold
I just think BTC is the Napster of yesterday and XRP is Spotify of today.

If you have some money to invest and can wait 5 years XRP is a great bet.

I think it will be all the money especially with FLARES defi about to launch.

The XRP HODLER says HODL 

Edited by Nadia6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nadia6 said:

Amazing and to be expected that while everyone is concentrating on other Crypto a financial reset and update is happening right under our noses and only 1 person has mentioned it in this whole thread.

BTC maxis and other Crypto fans hate the Gov and the banks but when I invested a few years back and doing research I could not understand why people thought that any crypto would take over the world and eliminate Banking from each country.

I immediately thought NO WAY in hell any country is going to let that happen and we can see I was right when LIBRA was proposed by facebook.

Instantly countries started to move against the idea because no way is any country going to give up control of their financial local currency or allow anyone or any coin to take over.

That is why when looking one coin stuck out that goes against all principles of the BTC maximalists and Cryto crowd and was aimed at working with Central Banks around the world and complying with all regulations along the way.

A Coin which would work to update an analog financial system that has not been updated since the early 1970.s

Cross Border payments to this day use basically a FAX system to send money worldwide which takes days and costs a lot each bank has to have sufficient money on deposit (called Nostro Vostro accounts) to guarantee the money transfers are settled )

Bitcoin will remain as a store of value although I do expect some regulations to come into play especially after Christine Laguards most recent comments calling for regulation.

The coin I refer to is XRP which just a few short years ago had no use case but is now used by financial institutions worldwide as well as many banks all over the world.

You can hate banks all you want as well as Governments but the reality is they are never going to let Crypto take over unless it is using their own digital currencies issued by their own banks and guess what blockchain they will use to move money all over the world 

the XRP ledger 

XRP is designed specifically for this and with the new FLARE network about to launch it allows banks to create their own CBDC (CENTRAL BANK DIGITAL CURRENCY) which is what will happen with every country they will have their OWN digital currency issued by their own financial institutions.

XRP will the the bridge between all the worlds new Digital currencies they will be able to instantly send lets say a Digital Dollar to Thailand have it instantly converted to thai baht at the current exchange rate and into your bank accoun it all happens from end to end in less than 3 seconds and costs a tiny fraction of todays wire fee's.

Dont believe me? do your research because SCB Bank and Kasikorn are partners with Ripple and already using the XRP LEDGER.

At this time XRP is as cheap as bitcoin was back in 2012 and anyone could buy 1000 today and take a gamble (you could not buy a 1000 bitcoins today at $30,000 each)

i will say this 

If Bitcoin was to be released TODAY nobody would want it as it has no utility, is way expensive to use, way too slow and uses too much power to mine.

I am not a BTC hater and I think it will continue to rise and be the digital Gold

The XRP HODLER says HODL 

your post is going to ruffle feathers amongst the crypto elite. cardano, link and xrp

ps....i just sold my lambo for moon boots. good call or ? 

Still many misconceptions about Bitcoin!  It is not, and never has been, intended to be a currency.  Consequently, it is not, therefore, a threat to central banks and treasuries. If it were, we would have seen a huge amount of regulation by monetary authorities, if not outright banning, by now. This is why the fledgling Libra coin was nipped in the bud.

Zuckerberg already has garnered a vast amount of power and influence for himself, turning his "socal" media platform into a political force.  Imagine the situation if he also introduced his own currency enjoying immediate adoption by 1.3bn FB users. This is an untenable threat for central bankers, the IMF, the World Bank to countenance!

Bitcoin, then, is not "money". It is a global asset, in many respects like gold, yet not having any industrial or adornment use. It does have, however,  the added benefits of portability and divisibility, among others, without any central control and using the transparency of blockchain technology.

Like gold, yet in a fraction of the time it took gold to establish itself, BTC is now a trusted store of value, receiving greater and greater recognition and adoption.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Why? 

Theta is like a youtube that is built on blockchain.

LINK deals with smart contracts and allows data from outside the blockchain to be brought into it.

DOT facilitates the cross-chain transfer of any data or asset types, not just tokens, thereby making a wide range of blockchains interoperable with each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nadia6 said:

the XRP ledger 

i will say this 

The XRP HODLER says HODL 

Any concerns about the SEC action underway on Ripple?

The dangers of not being decentralised...

My thoughts..

BTC - Always be dominant crypto. Many big time investors now appreciate potential 100k +

XMR - Privacy coin. Not just for 'drug dealers' as previously mentioned. Crypto's take the power away from central banksters. 

ARRR - Another undervalued privacy coin with huge potential.

ETH / BCH / LTC - Steady & trusted with Paypal rollout.

XRP prime example why centralized is a NO NO - Try suing Bitcoin!

Check out 'Crypto Vigilante' - Best I've found for solid advice

Hope this helps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandNeb said:

Any concerns about the SEC action underway on Ripple?

The dangers of not being decentralised...

None at all because XRP today is decentralized the SEC which should of been filed years ago because it is a bit late now since XRP can no longer be considered a security based on what it is today.

In a strange way this SEC suit was needed as it will give Ripple the clarity it needs where XRP is concerned.

My prediction is RIPPLE will settle with the SEC and similar to past SEC cases Ripple will pay a fine and will agree to some SEC conditions and Ripple and XRP will move forward to where they are destined to be.

1 hour ago, Bukowski said:

My thoughts..

BTC - Always be dominant crypto. Many big time investors now appreciate potential 100k +

XMR - Privacy coin. Not just for 'drug dealers' as previously mentioned. Crypto's take the power away from central banksters. 

Check out 'Crypto Vigilante' - Best I've found for solid advice

Hope this helps

Prime example Try suing Bitcoin 

Well do not think BTC is beyond the grasp of governments and the financial institution.

HSCB in the UK has no stopped allowing withdrawal of Crypto into any of their bank accounts and this is just the start of regulation for BTC and other cryptos.

Also you may of missed it but Christine Lagard just made some comments that should be very disturbing for BTC users.

The whole reason RIPPLE were sued is because they are a US company XRP is a stand alone blockchain that will continue even if Ripple went out of business tomorrow.

The FLARE network will launch shortly and they are bringing in LTC which gives LTC instant usability.

Most people know nothing about XRP and Ripple and how they work together and it shows.

21 minutes ago, Nadia6 said:

Well do not think BTC is beyond the grasp of governments and the financial institution.

HSCB in the UK has no stopped allowing withdrawal of Crypto into any of their bank accounts and this is just the start of regulation for BTC and other cryptos.

Also you may of missed it but Christine Lagard just made some comments that should be very disturbing for BTC users.

The whole reason RIPPLE were sued is because they are a US company XRP is a stand alone blockchain that will continue even if Ripple went out of business tomorrow.

The FLARE network will launch shortly and they are bringing in LTC which gives LTC instant usability.

Most people know nothing about XRP and Ripple and how they work together and it shows.

I know all about Ripple and understand why some think it will be the next big thing.

I am not one of those people, but good luck to you. I honestly hope all crypto's do well, including XRP.

I also know about recent EU (Lagarde) / HSBC news.. I receive updates every hour.

Gov pressure (EU / central banks trying to gain control) will only increase the demand for BTC.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Nadia6 said:

so don't cancel my order for 3 pairs of moon boots ? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nadia6 said:

XRP is just a token that is mostly owned by the CEO and cohorts who are selling millions every week. The price will ALWAYS be suppressed. 

Thanks to god that I sold that <deleted> coin last yr. 

BTC is the only one worth buying IMHO

• Like 2

To answer the OP's question I suggest ONLY buy bitcoin and Ethereum. The rest are <deleted> coins. 

Ive been into cryptos for many yrs. 

Ethereum has been hacked and who can forget the crypto kiddies scaling issues. But it has evolved a lot and has some of the smartest brains in IT working on it as does bitcoin. 

Forget all other coins especially XRP

Just buy bitcoin and watch it rise to over 100k and beyond in the coming yrs. 

4 hours ago, sharksy said:

I'm pretty ignorant of this Crypto stuff, but am tempted to throw some money at Bitcoin.

What worries me, is that I read that Bitcoin can only process 5 transactions a second?

To me, that doesn't bode well for it longevity.

Rule #1: don't invest in what you don't understand. There's nothing stopping Bitcoin from going to 0 tomorrow, although it's highly unlikely. More likely: heavy government regulation that can cause the price to tank 90% overnight.

5 hours ago, sharksy said:

I'm pretty ignorant of this Crypto stuff, but am tempted to throw some money at Bitcoin.

What worries me, is that I read that Bitcoin can only process 5 transactions a second?

To me, that doesn't bode well for it longevity.

Don't worry, the smartest brains in IT have created a solution already - Bitcoin Lightning Network - which raises the network speed to the millions of transactions per second! It is so awesome and fantastic that no one uses it.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, fdsa said:

Don't worry, the smartest brains in IT have created a solution already - Bitcoin Lightning Network - which raises the network speed to the millions of transactions per second! It is so awesome and fantastic that no one uses it.

Thanks fsda for this info, it puts a new light on Bitcoin for me in terms of confidence in the technology.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:07 AM, fdsa said:

It is so awesome and fantastic, that no one uses it.

it was a sarcasm ????

The total amount of Bitcoins that uses the Lightning Network is about 1000 BTC, and it is just about 1% of amount of Bitcoins on a large cryptocurrency exchange, and we have about a dozen of large exchanges.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/7/2021 at 8:57 AM, JeffersLos said:

I'm looking at gambling a useable amount of money in to 3 main stream cyrptoes for at least 2 years

It's for holding and not trading.

Which 3 main stream cyrptoes do you think will likely perform best in this period?

It's now 3 years.

On 1/10/2021 at 1:19 AM, Jenkins9039 said:

ETH -> likely 2-3x
LTC -> Could 3x

BTC -> got double in it left. +

ADA -> 1$-2$

ETH. Less than x2.

LTC. -50%

BTC. +1%

ADA. Less than x2

On 1/13/2021 at 10:03 AM, Neeranam said:

BTC, ETH, DOT

DOT. -20%

On 1/14/2021 at 11:23 AM, rwill said:

THETA, LINK, DOT

Theta. -50%

Link. -30%

Dot. -20%

On 1/14/2021 at 4:15 PM, rwill said:

Theta is like a youtube that is built on blockchain.

LINK deals with smart contracts and allows data from outside the blockchain to be brought into it.

DOT facilitates the cross-chain transfer of any data or asset types, not just tokens, thereby making a wide range of blockchains interoperable with each other.

Thanks. Will they be recovering from these massive losses soon?

On 1/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, Bukowski said:

My thoughts..

XMR. Even.

ARRR. -10%

BCH. -50%

LTC. -50%

On 1/14/2021 at 7:46 PM, Barnabe said:

<deleted>coin shillers go away with your poison!

BTC, ETH and LTC only!

On 1/26/2021 at 6:44 PM, greg71 said:

Snx . Aave , Sushi . and a 4th bonus coin Ampl 

Snx. -80%

Aave. -10%

Sushi. -60%

Ampl. -10%

8 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

It's now 3 years.

ETH. Less than x2.

LTC. -50%

BTC. +1%

ADA. Less than x2

DOT. -20%

Theta. -50%

Link. -30%

Dot. -20%

Thanks. Will they be recovering from these massive losses soon?

XMR. Even.

ARRR. -10%

BCH. -50%

LTC. -50%

Snx. -80%

Aave. -10%

Sushi. -60%

Ampl. -10%

So glad you resurrected this 3 year old thread, and show the real qualities of the financial "experts" on AN.

I hope you haven't bought into their advices, but of course they gonna be here soon to claim they sold at the highest price, and bought again at the lowest price.

On 1/14/2021 at 2:24 PM, Nadia6 said:

the XRP ledger 

i will say this 

The XRP HODLER says HODL 

couple years on now and still waiting for my free flr tokens. 

On 1/7/2021 at 8:57 AM, JeffersLos said:

I'm looking at gambling a useable amount of money in to 3 main stream cyrptoes for at least 2 years, possibly up to 10 years.

It's for holding and not trading.

Which 3 main stream cyrptoes do you think will likely perform best in this period?

No, you should definitely not hold any crypto. Trade only.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

No, you should definitely not hold any crypto. Trade only.

Not according to the one and only crypto expert on this forum, Neeranam, who preaches nothing but hodl....................probably until it all goes to zero