Further amnesty for tourist visa holders?

I have a friend here on a tourist visa that has been extended to the end of January. The immigration office is in Chonburi (one of the "red" zones) but the friend is in a different province and may have difficulty returning due to travel bans. Cannot return to home country as no flights and borders closed. Do any forum members know if there has been any kind of announcement regarding further extension of visas? Can the friend go to another office for extension?

He can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension up to the 29th of this month. There is not limit on how many can be issued.

He can apply at a different office if his stay in that province is reported by doing a TM30 from.

5 minutes ago, Seik said:

What about after the 29th? Any chance of the amnesty being extended? My visa ends in march.

Currently there is no amnesty. As for 60 day extensions due to covid situation can't see any reason as to why or how they could end.

Situation is even worse than previously.

5 hours ago, acenase said:

So if you have a TR stamped in before 29 Jan. You can get the extension for 1900฿ at immigration for an additional 60 days to get a total of 4 months out if the TR?

That may depend upon the date you used your tourist visa for entry. There may be a date set that you had to already been in be in the country to do the application.

On 1/7/2021 at 3:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

He can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension up to the 29th of this month. There is not limit on how many can be issued.

He can apply at a different office if his stay in that province is reported by doing a TM30 from.

Is that definitive?

After the amnesty ended, these extensions became the norm (Sept to Nov, Nov to Jan). Each time the 60 period neared its end, no official policy statement came from Immigration, but folks just began to apply to see how it went. So far, additional extensions have been granted, despite the old rule that a TR could only be extended one time.

Those of us awaiting approval of other visa types (e.g., Elite) would like to continue to remain in Thailand, so if another extension of the now almost one year old TR is allowed, that would be great.

56 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

After the amnesty ended, these extensions became the norm (Sept to Nov, Nov to Jan). Each time the 60 period neared its end, no official policy statement came from Immigration, but folks just began to apply to see how it went.

The extension of the order for 60 day extension is available and it clearly states the end date for doing a application is January 29th .

2 minutes ago, Christian1983 said:

Dear all in order to get the 60 days extension at immigration office which paperwork you have to provide?

If it's like last time, you need this:

-photocopy of your Passport information/picture page

-photocopy of your original entry stamp

-photocopy of your latest visa extension

-photocopy of your TM6

-a recent Passport-size photo

-a TM30 unless you stay in a hotel that files already with Immigration; the I/O had my hotel information on their computer system; they merely asked if I was still there

-1900 baht

Immigration gives you a 4-5 page packet of documents to fill out, including an affidavit, and an acknowledgement that you understand the penalties for overstay

I was asked for an Embassy Letter. I had the first one, when embassies were still granting them, plus a new email where the embassy responded to my new request saying 'we are no longer giving these letters'. I was asked about my return flight ticket, which I have, but I did not carry a copy with me. That didn't matter; it seemed to be just a pro-forma question.

After a short wait, my passport was returned with the 'Under Consideration' stamp requiring me to return in 2 weeks for the final stamp.

The above was the procedure I used in both September and November.

13 hours ago, thailandbeachisland said:

any real life experience of getting many covid extensions at Pattaya immigration ?

No problem, but according to the latest regulation you need to apply before 29th January. But in case your extension expires on 20th February, I can not confirm if they will accept your application on or before 29th January. 

16 minutes ago, Tiple44 said:

Australian embassey says this unofficial amnesty is only for British and american passport holders. 5 times attended and required COVID 19 extension visa 60 days refused 20,000 fine. Where can i get a copy of this visa deal.

Ignore any information from Oz embassy.

They did not provide embassy letter when required during previous amnesty.

They do FA for their citizens.

Apply directly for 60 day "covid extension" at your Thai imm office.

BTW it is not an amnesty. Also it is not just for UK and USA only.

11 hours ago, Tiple44 said:

Australian embassey says this unofficial amnesty is only for British and american passport holders. 5 times attended and required COVID 19 extension visa 60 days refused 20,000 fine. Where can i get a copy of this visa deal.

You go 5 time to immigration and they refuse you 5 time ??

13 hours ago, Tiple44 said:

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ignore any information from Oz embassy.

They did not provide embassy letter when required during previous amnesty.

They do FA for their citizens.

Apply directly for 60 day "covid extension" at your Thai imm office.

BTW it is not an amnesty. Also it is not just for UK and USA only.

A while back the Ambassador was telling everyone to go and get a 90 day visa from the immigration office. Would have been great except you can't get in Thailand. Then he was telling everyone if they have visa problems to go talk to Immigration. I could  see lots of business for agents from this advice. There is a cabinet order from  early December with the details on the government site. I'm sure a Google search will find or search on the forum.

11 minutes ago, thai006 said:

Just back from khon kaen immigration. Got my 60 days in 30 minute  no paper asking only the tm30 because I did not done before but smooth as silk 

Did you get sixty days starting today, or tacked on to your existing stamp date? 

1 hour ago, thai006 said:

It was my last day of my Non o so yeah star from today 

Do you think they would have done it for someone on the last day of their OA extension?  I asked this in November, and was going to use it as my ace in the hole, but I successfully got my 6th OA extension last month. 

Has the January 29th covid extension deadline always been in place or was there an earlier one that was extended?  I'm wondering if there is any precedence for this and if so, when did they announce the new deadline?  Before, on or after the old one expired?

I'm guessing January 29th is going to be a gong show if nothing is announced about a further extension deadline.

Archived