Pattaya TOT Office Closed

doctormann

Just been to TOT,  Pattaya Klang, in an attempt to pay a non-existent internet bill as our postal delivery is not working, again!

The office is closed - we couldn't even get into the compound.  We were just given a slip of paper with a QR code and three phone numbers, one of which is supposed to be for bill payment.  This seems to be permanently off the hook.  The QR code needs the Line app - don't have that and not likely to get it either.

The man on the gate said that we could pay at 7-11.  This is OK if you have an actual paper bill that is 'in date', of course, but not otherwise.  I called into our local 7-11 with last month's bill and the paper slip.  No joy whatsoever!

Now at a bit of a loss.  How soon before we get disconnected!

38 minutes ago, doctormann said:

The QR code needs the Line app - don't have that and not likely to get it either.

QR codes can often be read by the camera app, and also Mobile Banking Apps. I tried to pay my water bill yesterday by scanning the bar code and also the QR Code on the bill with my banking app.....doesn't work. I  believe one has to set it up at the bank like a direct debit. 

Edited by jacko45k

Have you tried paying via a banking app? I do that for my True H mobile and 3BB internet. Only need a reference number / mobile number and the o/s balance is shown on the app. Payment can then be set up as required. Would expect TOT is similar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Have you tried paying via a banking app? I do that for my True H mobile and 3BB internet. Only need a reference number / mobile number and the o/s balance is shown on the app. Payment can then be set up as required. Would expect TOT is similar.

It is certainly possible with a TOT bill as I  used to do it before I got rid of them.

https://www.tot.co.th/eservice

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dabhand said:

Yes.  Neither my TMB Direct or my Kasikorn app have TOT on their payee list for some reason.

Just now, jacko45k said:

It is certainly possible with a TOT bill as  used to do it before I got rid of them.

I know about the e-service 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It is certainly possible with a TOT bill as I  used to do it before I got rid of them.

I know about the e-service but, once you have signed up to that, you no longer get the paper bills.  Sometimes, only the original paper bill will suffice when proving your address.  I'm not sure that the e-service receipt will be OK for that - does it even have your name and address on it?

7 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Sometimes, only the original paper bill will suffice when proving your address.  I'm not sure that the e-service receipt will be OK for that - does it even have your name and address on it?

Can't remember and I got rid of them. Only had the landline left and it was like listening to a high tide hitting the rocks. I use my True Bill as an address proof, but agree the TOT Bill was 'IT' for many years, but more recently they were  not arriving and I kept missing payment.

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Does anyone know why they haven't been sending out bills for the last few months, and also why they've closed the office, as in when is it likely to reopen?

The ToT bill situation has been a bit hit and miss but I suspect that it's as much the fault of Thailand Post as it is ToT.  During the first half of 2020 I received virtually no post whatsoever.  A complaint to the local post office miraculously resulted in some being found - some several months old.  Things did improve after that - a bit - and I was getting a delivery about once a month, including ToT bills, which were sometimes still in date and could be paid at 7-11.

Maybe the present problem is COVID-related - always a good excuse anyway.  I imagine that the closure of the office will be temporary - it is closed now because of COVID concerns - so it may well reopen once the current panic subsides.  Probably not before the end of the month at the earliest.  Meanwhile, I still have no means of paying my non-existent bill!

• Like 1

I finally paid my TOT internet bill today.   I drove over 50 kilometers and spent 2 hours to do it.  I, too, went to TOT Pattaya Klang.  Closed because of Covid19, fair enough.  Even though the government said that telephones essential services.  I made 9 phone calls to the 3 numbers I received on my little paper from the guard who would not let me enter.  In one of the calls, I was told I had to go to TOT Ban Amphoe to pay.  Or I could also go to the CAT office on Pattaya Tai.  The next day I went to CAT and was told I could NOT pay there.  I had to go to Ban Amphoe.  Google Maps gave me the approximate location, but it was on the wrong side of the highway, Sukhumvit.  Asking a couple of places, I finally found it.  It's not visible from the highway, but on one attachment you will see there is a tiny TOT sign.  Only Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.   It's on the side closest to Pattaya from the  of the Ban Ampoe Intersection stoplight.   If you see the KrungThai bank, you've gone too far.  Maybe only 100 meters from the intersection is Soi Na Jomtien 26. 

TOT  GPS.png

TOT Soi Na Jomtien 26.png

TOT Ban Ampoe Customer Service.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PC800 said:

I finally paid my TOT internet bill today.   I drove over 50 kilometers and spent 2 hours to do it.  I, too, went to TOT Pattaya Klang.  Closed because of Covid19, fair enough.  Even though the government said that telephones essential services.  I made 9 phone calls to the 3 numbers I received on my little paper from the guard who would not let me enter.  In one of the calls, I was told I had to go to TOT Ban Amphoe to pay.  Or I could also go to the CAT office on Pattaya Tai.  The next day I went to CAT and was told I could NOT pay there.  I had to go to Ban Amphoe.  Google Maps gave me the approximate location, but it was on the wrong side of the highway, Sukhumvit.  Asking a couple of places, I finally found it.  It's not visible from the highway, but on one attachment you will see there is a tiny TOT sign.  Only Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.   It's on the side closest to Pattaya from the  of the Ban Ampoe Intersection stoplight.   If you see the KrungThai bank, you've gone too far.  Maybe only 100 meters from the intersection is Soi Na Jomtien 26. 

TOT  GPS.png

TOT Soi Na Jomtien 26.png

TOT Ban Ampoe Customer Service.png

Thanks for that info.

I managed to get through to ToT customer service today (038 422 267) and was told that the office on Pattaya Klang is due to reopen on 15 January.  I am not convinced that this will happen but living in hope.  I may take the Ban Amphoe option if I can persuade the missus to interrupt her busy yakking schedule to go down there!

2 hours ago, PC800 said:

I finally paid my TOT internet bill today.   I drove over 50 kilometers

Is there still an office in Laem Chabang. On the port road. I used to pay there and could also pay at the one on Klang.

49 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Is there still an office in Laem Chabang. On the port road. I used to pay there and could also pay at the one on Klang.

According to Google Maps there is a ToT office in Laem Chabang on Sukhumvit.  Opposite side to the Harbour Mall and a bit further north.

10 hours ago, doctormann said:

According to Google Maps there is a ToT office in Laem Chabang on Sukhumvit.  Opposite side to the Harbour Mall and a bit further north.

Yes that is the one..... although  you could not access it from Sukhumvit as it was on the North bound carriageway side and the slip road headed North.  If heading North on Suk you went down the slip road to the flyover down to the Port Road then took a left and then a U-Turn. 

On 1/7/2021 at 5:11 AM, doctormann said:

Yes.  Neither my TMB Direct or my Kasikorn app have TOT on their payee list for some reason.

I know about the e-service 

I still have a TOT landline phone (107 Baht/Month). TOT are the most difficult company to pay. I can pay just about any other company/payee from Kbank app or internet banking but not TOT. Have to login to toteservice and pay by card which takes many clicks and pages and an SMS code from bank. Very clunky. Paying AIS or MEA is simple direct from Kbank app with just a few taps.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:15 AM, doctormann said:

I know about the e-service but, once you have signed up to that, you no longer get the paper bills.  Sometimes, only the original paper bill will suffice when proving your address.  I'm not sure that the e-service receipt will be OK for that - does it even have your name and address on it?

TOT eservice email a copy of the bill to me each month - It's same as the paper bill and can be printed as proof of address.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

TOT eservice email a copy of the bill to me each month - It's same as the paper bill and can be printed as proof of address.

Thanks for that info.

That's exactly what i needed to know.

Looks as though signing up to the e-service is the way to go.

• Thanks 1

It's worth remembering that TOT won't cut you off if you fail to pay for one month, I think it's only after two months of non-payment that they'll start taking action. 

Back in the mists of time, I used to go back to the UK twice a year for 5 or 6 weeks at a time, and I often missed a month but never had a problem as long as I paid the double bill the next month when I got back.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

I often missed a month but never had a problem as long as I paid the double bill the next month when I got back.

You won't get that much time from the water utility round my way.... 

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

It's worth remembering that TOT won't cut you off if you fail to pay for one month, I think it's only after two months of non-payment that they'll start taking action. 

Back in the mists of time, I used to go back to the UK twice a year for 5 or 6 weeks at a time, and I often missed a month but never had a problem as long as I paid the double bill the next month when I got back.

Yes. I had same happen and was surprised how forgiving TOT are. A shame that MEA don't give longer than 2 weeks to pay before they disconnect electricity. 

23 hours ago, doctormann said:

I managed to get through to ToT customer service today (038 422 267) and was told that the office on Pattaya Klang is due to reopen on 15 January.  I am not convinced that this will happen

Wise. Hotline today told me Jan 26. Ban Amphur here I come.

8 hours ago, Guderian said:

For monthly telephone bills perhaps. The year I forgot to pay my annual internet fee I was cut off in about 10 days.

I signed up to the ToT e-service today.  Trying to sort out what I needed to do to get e-bills was a right PITA and I'm not sure that I got it right.  Now waiting for approval and the e-bills won't kick in until the next cycle, whenever that is.  Probably Jan/Feb I would think.

However, having signed up for the service and having explored the web site I found a way of paying online NOW!!  I can't remember exactly how I managed it but, basically, there's a button called 'PAY' and pressing that more or less leads you through the process of paying with a debit or credit card.  I ended up using a UK debit card as neither my TMB or Kasikorn cards actually have my name on them - they are just ATM cards really.

Anyway, I went through the process and duly got a printable receipt back so I guess that I have actually paid.  Whether or not I will get monthly bills by email remains to be seen.

For the first time since October, I actually got a bill from TOT today.

It came with a letter in Thai, something about a merger between TOT and CAT that was approved in March 2010 (what?) into the National Telecommunications Public Company Limited. Does this mean that TOT will cease to exist and we'll be customers of CAT, or the NTPC, from now on?

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

was approved in March 2010

Not sure what 2010 is about.

But last month plenty of news about the merger being completed on Jan 13 (tomorrow) at latest.

I must admit I am surprised how this escaped my news pile.

More details here:
https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400139

So this could very well mean that TOT Pattaya office is a thing of the past.

But whether you can now walk to some (former) CAT office? I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...