Two top White House officials resign after Capitol violence, more on the way -sources

webfact

On 1/7/2021 at 9:50 PM, Caldera said:

Pence and cabinet need to "resign" Trump and refuse to grant him a pardon. Trump needs to be held accountable for this despicable act of domestic terrorism.

Can anybody or any law refuse or stop him from granting pardons to: himself, his family or anybody he mentions? 

Some rep from West Virginia just resigned he was running with the insurrectionists so he’s gone but hey look at the bright side if I may plagiarize another poster MAGA (Many Are Getting Arrested) lol 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tug said:

Some rep from West Virginia just resigned he was running with the insurrectionists so he’s gone but hey look at the bright side if I may plagiarize another poster MAGA (Many Are Getting Arrested) lol 

He's facing federal criminal charges.  He's toast.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Well, maybe no law as such, but it's highly debatable whether or not the President can successfully pardon himself. The Justice Dept.'s official position is that he can't.

I hope he tries, because that means he won't resign and have Pence do it.  Yes, it will end up in the supreme court, but he'll be paying for the legal fees this time.  And pretty much guaranteed, his financial position isn't very good now.  Now one in the hospitality biz is doing well.

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

I hope he tries, because that means he won't resign and have Pence do it.  Yes, it will end up in the supreme court, but he'll be paying for the legal fees this time.  And pretty much guaranteed, his financial position isn't very good now.  Now one in the hospitality biz is doing well.

Given that the Qatari govt. participated in a billion dollar sweetheart deal to bail out Kushner's family from a disastrous investment made by Jared, I doubt money is going to be a concern for Trump. Bailing him out one way or another would amount to chump change for the Saudis, the UAE or Russia.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Given that the Qatari govt. participated in a billion dollar sweetheart deal to bail out Kushner's family from a disastrous investment made by Jared, I doubt money is going to be a concern for Trump. Bailing him out one way or another would amount to chump change for the Saudis, the UAE or Russia.

From what I've been reading, SA, etc, are gravitating towards Biden.  Trump's history.  And Deutsche Bank might be calling in his loans soon.  We'll see, but I do know many of his properties are doing terribly due to the pandemic.  One which he helped created.

• Like 1