Alternative State Quarantine Question:

Has anyone here done the Alternative State Quarantine?

Could you tell me the daily routine... and what you CAN and CANT do each day ?

Are you able to leave the hotel at all (for supermarket or anything?)

How strict was the security to make sure you can or cant leave the hotel?

How is Alternative State Quarantine different from State Quarantine ?

*I cant find any info about the normal state quarantine.  

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You understand that leaving the hotel to go to the supermarket would, literally, contradict the definition of ‘quarantine’.

In England, we are in Tier 4 lockdown (and not allowed to leave your home except for essential things), yet the streets and shops are all pretty busy with people.

So, obviously I would like to know how the REALITY compares to the Rules.

I have lives in Thailand before and I know how flimsy all the 'so called' rules are.

22 minutes ago, bluebird729 said:

State Quarantine is for Thai's and it is free. Alternative State Quarantine and Local State Quarantine is for others and Thais who want to stay in them.

8 minutes ago, bluebird729 said:

In England, we are in Tier 4 lockdown (and not allowed to leave your home except for essential things), yet the streets and shops are all pretty busy with people.

I have lives in Thailand before and I know how flimsy all the 'so called' rules are.

it's a strictly controlled 5-star prison.

ALQ just has worse food / accomodatiin than ASQ.

17 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You understand that leaving the hotel to go to the supermarket would, literally, contradict the definition of ‘quarantine’.

And would probably mean your quarantine time starts again and so 14 more days. It needs to be serious, plenty of folks flying into the LOS (Australia also, and more countries) test positive, therefore serious 14 days quarantine.

13 minutes ago, bluebird729 said:

Maybe this is the reason why yesterday UK had 60.000 new cases.

If you came to Thailand, please take it seriously

43 minutes ago, bluebird729 said:

your have to stay in your room. some places allow rooftop or courtyard access one hour a day. 

your food is controlled by the hotel and brought to your room. I know someone who has a special diet and they would not accommodate him and he was in a expensive hotel. was not allowed to order grab food or any take away. finally had friends deliver his food.

no alcohol. security is very strict. you are tested two or three times for covid. cost $2-$3k USD

25 minutes ago, bluebird729 said:

not this time. if the hotel let you out and it was shown you infected Thais you would be arrested and deported. the hotel would be shut down.  

10 hours ago, bluebird729 said:

n England, we are in Tier 4 lockdown (and not allowed to leave your home except for essential things), yet the streets and shops are all pretty busy with people.

This is a Thai forum so your experience in England is probably not relevant.  Best thing to say is answers to this and you're other post I just read can be found by spending a bit of time reading.

I'm finishing my last two days here at the Courtyard Marriott in Bangkok

This has been my daily routine

Get up around 7am have a espresso.

Order my food for the next day off the menu.

Shower and get dressed 

8:00 to 11:30am start my online work check reports, answer emails, and write new reports ( still work for the US Gov;t )

11:30  break time until 12pm 

12pm to 1pm lunchtime 

12pm to 3 pm, read a book, or do online research about a subject  always want to learn or know more about. This week I'm learning about the history of the early Russian Space program 

3pm to 5pm outside time by the pool or garden,  and have a Non-alcoholic cocktail. You can stay longer if there they are few people .

5 pm to 6pm free time , Internet , spot clean the room, etc 

6pm to 7pm dinner 

7pm to 11pm take lessons on learning another language trying to learn Russian. 

11pm to 12am another Non-alcoholic cocktail watch the view from large window.

To answer questions , 

No you cannot leave your room for a 7/11 run 

If you need snacks you can order from the mini mart in the hotel 

Not sure how strict security is , but why would risk being caught and having to repeat the 14 days again and pay another  52K baht ? 

The key is to keep busy, again learn an language, do online learning and research about a subject that your interested in. My time in ASQ is going faster than I thought would, again it is what you make of it. 

23 hours ago, bluebird729 said:

14 Days quarantine is specific to people travelling into Thailand to try to stop Covid 19 being brought in.

Further, 99% of people coming in are on Thai organized repatriation flights, and 99% of these flights have 1 to many passengers who test positive on arrival. Therefore total quarantine for 14 days. 

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

14 Days quarantine is specific to people travelling into Thailand to try to stop Covid 19 being brought in.

Further, 99% of people coming in are on Thai organized repatriation flights, and 99% of these flights have 1 to many passengers who test positive on arrival. Therefore total quarantine for 14 days. 

Quarantine in an ASQ is for 15 nights and you leave on the 16th day. I completed my ASQ on 21st December.

I would think that most of the farang coming to Thailand now are not on re -patriation flights as many airlines are now allowed to fly into Thailand.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

not my experience. When i flew from Frankfurt, Lufthansa, about half of the passengers were from the west, not thai ! And whe n in the Bangkok airport, next arriving flight more or less the same. Nb semi commercial flight. Not repatriation flight!@

On 1/7/2021 at 1:19 PM, bluebird729 said:

15 Days, arrival day is day 0. Covid test on day 5 and 12. If negative on 1st test you may use the pool area 45 min. day. ( no swim ). Im sure the hallways are rigged with CCTV, if you wanted to wonder I'm sure you will be reported and possibly sent to the airport to return where you came from. Regarding your meals, make use of a bar code menu with your phone, the door knocks, bagged meal is placed for you on a table outside your room and the room service fella disappears quickly....... enjoy your ASQ !  

Hi, I'm today in day 8 of ASQ. Routine is every day the same:

three times a day meals are brought in plastic bowls in front of your room. Two times a day you have to measure your body temperature and send it over LINE-App to the local nurse. Up to the result of the first Covid-test your locked in to your room 24 h. On day 7 you do the first Covid-PCR Test. If the result is negative, you may once a day go outside hotel room in a designated area, which is controlled by hotel staff, or go to fitness room for 30 minutes. Iff positiv you have to go to hospital, which you should have insurance for, otherwise you pay. During my stay up to now, I haven't seen any hotel staff exept at checkin. Leaving the hotel is an offence, I don't know about the consequencies, but I think you will be expelled by immigration authorities immediatly. All hotel staff (ALL!!!) is wearing protection clothing including protecting faceshields and masks. All hotel staff is equipped with walkie talkies, communicating every move of foregner in ASQ. In the hotel are also cameras everywhere, leaving your room without permission of reception staff wouldn't be a wise idea. Don't even thinking of swimming in the pool, or relaxing by a beer. In ASQ no alcohol!

4 hours ago, fleur3 said:

not my experience. When i flew from Frankfurt, Lufthansa, about half of the passengers were from the west, not thai ! And whe n in the Bangkok airport, next arriving flight more or less the same. Nb semi commercial flight. Not repatriation flight!@

Flew by EY by Abu Dhabi (horrible Airport...) in B777 about 20 passengers, all EU citicens. ASQ for all of them, papers are twice checked, on boarding in ZRH and in Abu Dhabi again. Be shure, all is perfectly set in hard copies (no handy pix or so) and have the confirmation of ASQ hotel at hand by checkin, otherwis you won't board. Happend to the traveler in line in front of me in ZRH.

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

Don't compare GB with TH, here its different and effective, look at the numbers quoted...

4 minutes ago, garyk said:

Kind of curious who is going threw this?  Vacation, Retirement?

Retired, married, homeowners, business owners, not too many others. Generally long-stayers with some larger commitment to Thailand such as home, family or business.... very few  traditional "tourists".

On 1/7/2021 at 5:36 PM, treetops said:

This is a Thai forum so your experience in England is probably not relevant.  Best thing to say is answers to this and you're other post I just read can be found by spending a bit of time reading.

Yes,, there is a lots of good reading in this and my other post.

By the way,,,  i have lived in Thailand before for a few years. so I know that Reality is not always the same as the actual RUles.
In England this is also very apparent during lockdown. SO my assumption was that Thailand must be similar too  (especially given the nature of thailands way of casually enforcing its laws).

Ie:  there is a curfew at 10pm, but what really happens if you are walking somewhere at 11pm ?  etc.
Are people really distancing wherever they go and in supermarkets?
When you queue up in 7-11, are they really distancing?

if a policeman catches you doing something (breaking distancing or not wearing mask or breaking curfew) is it the usual 100 to 200 baht fine ?
These sorts of things.

1 hour ago, bluebird729 said:

Yes,, there is a lots of good reading in this and my other post.

By the way,,,  i have lived in Thailand before for a few years. so I know that Reality is not always the same as the actual RUles.

Not always, no. But it definitely is with regard to the quarantine rules. They are very, very strictly enforced. You will absolutely not be able to leave the room except possibly for some scheduled use of hotel facilities after 4-5 days.

You will not even be able to directly meet and interact with hotel staff. It is all done by app.  meals etc are left by your door.

You cannot even order in food from outside restaurants (though you can order non-fresh foods from 7-11 using an app).  Otherwise you are limited to the h otel menu. And no alcohol other than what you might bring in with you.

Your past experiences with rule enforcement in Thailand is not applicable to this situation.

On 1/7/2021 at 1:19 AM, bluebird729 said:

Like all the other posters told you; you will be completely isolated for 15 days except when testing.

After the 7 days negative test you are allowed a daily recreation break outside (isolated)

Forget about alcohol or sneaking anywhere, or ordering food form outside.

If you don't have to travel, stay where you are, in about 6-8 month things should be much improved with vaccinations.

If you must travel, book the best ASQ hotel you can afford and enjoy decent food three times a day.

Archived