It's almost impossible for anyone to come to Thailand right now ?

I just had a look at the things a Tourist needs to do to enter Thailand at the moment:

I cant really see how anyone would be able to do ALL of these things!

* Proof of payment of your Alternative State Quarantine Facility

* Proof of accommodation after the quarantine for the next 75 days !!

* Proof of at least 500,000 THB in a bank account PER PERSON.

-  For a family of 4 people, this is 2 millon baht in the bank !!

* Proof of travel medical insurance

* Passport with at least 12-month validity and two blank pages

* Criminal Records Background Check

* Provide a police-approved criminal records background check.

* Fit to Fly Certificate (must be done within 72 hours of flying)

Have I covered everything, or is there more ?

That is for the special tourist visa (STV)and some of what you wrote has been removed. One is the 500k baht in the bank.

A single entry tourist visa is also available.

Requirements for both are at the bottom this page of a embassy website.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

I don't understand why anybody would like to come to Thailand as TOURIST now. I assume we will see more and more restrictions in the near future. You will pay a lot for very little holiday feeling. And in the worst case you might not be able to fly back. 

Don't forget covid test within 72 hours of travel.   And you better fly into your town you want to stay in because there maybe a lockdown.    And I imagine you better not use Airbnb for accommodations.  And is staying with a friend acceptable?

48 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Don't forget covid test within 72 hours of travel.   And you better fly into your town you want to stay in because there maybe a lockdown.    And I imagine you better not use Airbnb for accommodations.  And is staying with a friend acceptable?

The certificate for the covid test must be issued 72 hours before your departure.

You can only stay in ASQ and LSQ hotels for the quarantine.

37 minutes ago, bbas3008 said:

Difficult to enter Thailand yes; just as difficult to leave Australia. 

Very difficult to enter have an Aussie friend who has been trying to get back for months, the last figures I saw nearly 40,000 Australia’s stranded overseas

Can only enter if citizen, permanent resident or close relative etc ( unless you are well know sports person etc)

Yes I meant results of covid test within 72 hours of first flight on your journey?  If I fly my 2 hour flight to the West coast with a 3 hour layover so it is 5-6 hours later when I finally board my flight for my 13 hour flight LAX to somewhere in Asia, then my typical 3-5 hour layover before on to BKK.

I meant after ASQ you probably can't use an Airbnb reservation or series of reservation's as I usually end up staying at one location for 7-10 days and then move. 

26 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Yes I meant results of covid test within 72 hours of first flight on your journey?  If I fly my 2 hour flight to the West coast with a 3 hour layover so it is 5-6 hours later when I finally board my flight for my 13 hour flight LAX to somewhere in Asia, then my typical 3-5 hour layover before on to BKK.

I meant after ASQ you probably can't use an Airbnb reservation or series of reservation's as I usually end up staying at one location for 7-10 days and then move. 

The standard interpretation ( from Thai Consulate LA website) is test RESULTS need to be ISSUED within 72 hrs of your international departure (LAX) not within 72hrs of your arrival at BKK. I think our cases are similar...

I have visa and COE already issued, I will arrive LAX on Monday afternoon, get a covid PCR test at terminal 6 LAX and receive results electronically within 3-5 hrs. Check into my hotel, sleep, and do an online interview/assessment with an MD and have my Fit to Fly certificate emailed to me within 25 minutes, chill at the beach the rest of Tuesday, sleep Tuesday night, and Wednesday catch my international flight to Singapore then Bangkok.

No way I could get all the testing done back in NM. within the needed 72 hr window, but the rapid testing available in LA makes that part all do-able.

I knew it wouldn't be 72hours to BKK.  In 11 trips my average travel time has been 26 hours.   Being thrifty  or for some reason I never even knew they had direct flights from west coast. I go through LAX, SEA, SF.  I will never fly through china again.  I dont think it is feasible for me to get results within 72hours.  My one test took 72 hours to get results my friend took the test the next day and his results took 5 days. 

8 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I knew it wouldn't be 72hours to BKK.  In 11 trips my average travel time has been 26 hours.   Being thrifty  or for some reason I never even knew they had direct flights from west coast. I go through LAX, SEA, SF.  I will never fly through china again.  I dont think it is feasible for me to get results within 72hours.  My one test took 72 hours to get results my friend took the test the next day and his results took 5 days. 

Yeah 3-5 days is standard here but remember it's not prom the date of the test, it's from the day and time the RESULTS are issued that starts the clock.  But yeah, it's a real PITA.

Coming to Thailand now is possible but you really gotta WANT it bad enough to take all the risks and jump through all the hoops. 

Keep your forms all together and easily accessible. They're needed for check-in, prior to boarding the flight at departure gate, multiple times  on arrival at the health check and immigration desk and medical check at ASQ hotel. Also have a line account as the ASQ  hotel and medical use that for communication while in ASQ.

Current Covid PCR test and Fit to fly certificate essential. They get time checked.

Flew via Dubai a couple of nights ago. 2 guys were rejected at departure gate and taken to get a PCR test. They both missed the flight.

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

Very difficult to enter have an Aussie friend who has been trying to get back for months, the last figures I saw nearly 40,000 Australia’s stranded overseas

Can only enter if citizen, permanent resident or close relative etc ( unless you are well know sports person etc)

Enter Thailand not Australia 

6 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

There is money to be made in keeping everything as difficult as possible don't play the game ????

Right.  So you have family here.  A house.  A life.  But you're not suppose to play the 'game'?  Right....

1 minute ago, shackleton said:

If people are that desperate to come for what ever reason 

The number of people now  arriving and putting up with Quarantine procedures 

Shows it can be done 

Seems people keep asking  this question regularly 

If you have a home here, family, etc, and plan to be here for a long time.  Then it's worth the hassles.  I know MANY who've done this and it wasn't that big of a deal.  Just put lots of movies and books on your tablet. LOL

22 hours ago, Oldie said:

I don't understand why anybody would like to come to Thailand as TOURIST now. I assume we will see more and more restrictions in the near future. You will pay a lot for very little holiday feeling. And in the worst case you might not be able to fly back. 

Exactly, I've been thinking the same. Of course if Thailand is where you live, then you have to get back but coming here for travelling purposes right now would be a bad idea. The restrictions on movement are pretty heavy at the moment and you can't even get a beer in a restaurant, so it's not exactly an idea holiday destination right now. 

And as someone mentioned it's not impossible but quite a hassle. I got my STV in November, but the process was definitely kind of frustrating. Also, at the time I was willing to do it, because I thought I'm returning to a covid-free paradise, but the "second wave" hit right at the time I was in ASQ quarantine, so now it's back to semi lockdown. If I were to do it now, I would for sure have to reconsider. 

Archived