MBK Centre installs air disinfection system to keep virus at bay

webfact

MBK Centre installs air disinfection system to keep virus at bay

By The Nation

800_4d8d4d77fb85936.jpg?v=1609999490

MBK Group has invested Bt1.3 million to set up a UVC air disinfection system at MBK Centre in a bid to contain the spread of Covid-19 and gain customer confidence.

Satit Saisorn, group senior executive vice president of the Operations Division at MBK, said the Covid-19 outbreak raised awareness among people that it is necessary to take care of their health as the virus can be transmitted through the air and by other people.

MBK%202.jpg

He said the UVC air disinfection system can destroy bacteria, viruses, fungi and other germs.

“Also, it helps filter particles less than 10 and 2.5 micrometres in diameter, which are the cause of many diseases,” he said.

MBK%203.jpg

He added that the company would check the air quality inside the shopping mall every six months to ensure people’s safety.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400854

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-07

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

This is a fantastic idea that should be implemented across all of the Shopping malls & large grocery stores across the whole of Thailand. 

Wow!!! Could our esteemed PM have them install this fantastic device outside their store to help all Bankokians as I am sure the virus leaves their front doors when their customers exit the premises.

I am not saying it is a bad idea, but I am just saying in the scheme of things it is just a flea bite on an elephant.

If a company/store owner have a scheme to benefit the whole population let us know. Otherwise keep yourself clap happy news to yourself.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

This is a fantastic idea that should be implemented across all of the Shopping malls & large grocery stores across the whole of Thailand. 

I’m sure the air disinfection system at MBK is fake like everything else. Kinda makes sense when yah think about it ????

17 hours ago, kotsak said:

.. and don't forget maintenance..

They said they would check air quality every 6 months !  Should be done every week. That would be as much maintenance as will ever happen. Maybe knock off a bit of dust with the famous feather duster !

• Like 2

Wow! That looks hi-tech. A couple of UV tubes behing the outlet screen/filter. Hope it's more complex and effective than that. 1.3 million Baht is probably well spent marketing/publicity money as a way of attracting anxious shoppers to the MBK mall. Divide that amount by the number of tenant shop owners and it's a small price to pay for confidence in a "safe" and Covid free environment. Maybe I'm being cynical but I just don't see how that can be effective if one person passes another nearby and exhales (or sneezes) in their proximity before the air can go through recirculation. Any HVAC engineers here care to comment?

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 3:50 AM, Kaopad999 said:

Actual its only effective for the air as it travels thru the ducts for supply and return air which can help somewhat. The drawback on this type of system in extremely large spaces is the sheer volume of air that is circulated at head height contains potential virus that you breath before it cycles back thru the ducts. Effective in small confined spaces but virtually ineffective in large commercial space for this application