How security failures enabled Trump mob to storm U.S. Capitol

snoop1130

58 minutes ago, bendejo said:

So, DT addressed an antifa rally before the riot?

Trump just addressed a colourful YMCA mob, but Gaetz debunked the plot in the plot  

Edited by Opl

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

I can't see Pence pardoning Trump. From how he conducts himself, I just can't see it happening.

Pish-tosh, hypocrisy is practically part of his religious doctrine.  Caught him being untruthful lots of times.

Pence is so pious about his religion I suspect he is covering up some vile fetishes.

Listening to the speech DT made before the assault, he kept saying "we" as in "we're going to march down to The Capitol."  I was expecting him to physically lead them, circled by his security detail of course.  But to paraphrase the punch line to the old Lone Ranger joke, "what mean 'we,' orange face?"

Edited by bendejo
  • Haha 2

Three days before supporters of President Donald Trump rioted at the Capitol, the Pentagon asked the US Capitol Police if it needed National Guard manpower.

And even as the mob descended on the building, Justice Department leaders reached out to offer FBI agents.

The police turned them down both times, according to senior defence officials and two people familiar with the matter.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-08/us-capitol-police-rejected-offers-of-federal-help-to-quell-riot/13042600

Edited by Salerno
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Some excellent detail here from Ken Dilanian and Julia Ainsley

What went wrong with security at the Capitol?

WASHINGTON — Amid growing evidence that pro-Trump extremists were planning to target the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, the day Congress was set to certify the election of Joe Biden as president, in recent days Congressman Tim Ryan had asked the people in charge of security whether they had everything they needed.

"I had conversations with the sergeant-at-arms and the chief of the Capitol Police, who gave me assurances that every precaution was being taken, that we had enough manpower, that we were going to keep people completely away from the Capitol," Ryan, the Ohio Democrat who chairs the subcommittee that funds the Capitol complex, told reporters Thursday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/what-went-wrong-security-capitol-n1253341?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0S9AVy5FHT2N2Hz8by3LC-T8epvZR7zmgJT8mzWeEIemphWoK1iKmp6Oc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Some excellent detail here from Ken Dilanian and Julia Ainsley

What went wrong with security at the Capitol?

WASHINGTON — Amid growing evidence that pro-Trump extremists were planning to target the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, the day Congress was set to certify the election of Joe Biden as president, in recent days Congressman Tim Ryan had asked the people in charge of security whether they had everything they needed.

"I had conversations with the sergeant-at-arms and the chief of the Capitol Police, who gave me assurances that every precaution was being taken, that we had enough manpower, that we were going to keep people completely away from the Capitol," Ryan, the Ohio Democrat who chairs the subcommittee that funds the Capitol complex, told reporters Thursday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/what-went-wrong-security-capitol-n1253341?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0S9AVy5FHT2N2Hz8by3LC-T8epvZR7zmgJT8mzWeEIemphWoK1iKmp6Oc

This is what happens when geriatrics are in charge. Nancy and Mitch were responsible for that building and obviously failed miserably.  They should both resign.  People at their age should be in old folk's homes not running the country. Seems the mayor of Washington was more concerned about protecting her turf from the feds and she should go too. Representative Ryan from Ohio  needed to get  to the bottom of things by digging deeper and should be taken off his committee chair duties. The great 4Star General Honore was on Brian Williams show tonite. He  stated that while he was working in the Pentagon part of his responsibility was making plans for protecting federal buildings in the capital region.  In his opinion there was complicity by the capital police chief and the Senate and House Sergeants at arms because that was how  they thought Trump wanted it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Trump incited sedition. Lock him up, along with any of the "protestors" that can be identified and arrested. They soiled democracy.

IMO it was the brazen nature of the mob that caught the police off guard. Events moved too fast for them

Get your facts straight. Trump said no such thing that even comes close to "sedition".

Interestingly, there are eye-witness accounts of the barricades to the Capital Building being removed by security/police and allowing a bum-rush of agitators into the halls.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

Get your facts straight. Trump said no such thing that even comes close to "sedition".

Interestingly, there are eye-witness accounts of the barricades to the Capital Building being removed by security/police and allowing a bum-rush of agitators into the halls.

Any eye-witness videos?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Any eye-witness videos?

Looks more like a "tactical withdrawal" as the crowd move the barriers rather than opening them for the crowd per se, but ...

https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/vision-emerges-of-police-moving-barricades-to-allow-rioters-into-us-capitol-taking-selfies/news-story/45a9be3adf9b447b53d23cf5536c5d02

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

...look like "Trumpers" to me....

I think a good clue can be taken from the image of the guy carrying the huge "Trump is my President" flag.

Whatever tattoo the guy in the photo has on his hand is too blurry to clearly identify.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

...and those many "legal experts" you saw on where .....CNN?

Rewind back to the "peaceful protests" in the Dem-run cities where the political powers in those domains went megaphone bat-s%$t with seditious incitation.

Don't bother, those videos have since disappeared and history soon to be re-written.

Trump could of said "you have to go home now,we have to have peace,we have to have law and order"...but words like that would just destroy the ongoing negative "narrative" about him. YOU wouldn't know that he actually said that because Trump was locked out of his FB & Twitter accounts by Big-Tech.(the new government that governs your government). Thank god they did that, we could only imagine the further carnage and violence if Twitter and FaceBook would of let people see that video of Trump!

Yup, once again Big-Tech steps in and saves the day!!

Before you get your panties tied in a knot....I'm not a Trump supporter, other than admiring his stance on China and a willingness to drain "The Swamp".

However, I do find the serious disinformation effort by most MSM and big tech working in conjunction with each other to swing the outcome of the election to be a very interesting (and deliberate) phenomena....that's only the tip of it all.

But hey, out there in 'green-smoke-land' where the consensus seems to be...."what more can we say, the voting machines have spoken and the Supreme Court has concurred".... Amen.

I'm not a Trump supporter but...Anybody who commends Trump for his alleged willingness to drain the swamp, given his dismal record of doing exactly the opposite,  is clearly in the bag for Trump.

• Like 2