How security failures enabled Trump mob to storm U.S. Capitol

snoop1130

On 1/7/2021 at 6:38 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Catastrophic failure to prepare? Or deliberate shirking of duty on the part of federal authorities who ultimately work for Trump?

I certainly hope a serious investigation results and gets to the bottom of this "catastrophic failure."

Let's hope the reasons get made clear...and public!

And then the concluding OP comment:

Trump presidentially incited terrorism, that is.

a purge in many police departments across the whole US is needed though with the strength of their unions I don't believe it will be accomplished, and I'm not just referring to the offences of aiding and abetting Trump..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Come on.  He's been firing them up for this for weeks.  Stolen election.  Stop the steal.  Come to DC in force and be ready.  To say nothing about what Don jr. and Rudy have been spewing. 

Sedition.  Plain and simple.

By definition that still is not "sedition".

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, I guess now that some evidence has been removed from the thread, I'll have to skewer your rant. And already nonsense appears in the 2nd sentence. Trump claimed a crowd of 250,000 and you believed it? Doesn't Trump's history of ridiculous claims about crowd size mean anything to you? Or do you actually believe that his inauguration drew a bigger crowd than Obama's?

And of course the senility slams against Biden continue despite what the experts say:

Trump, Biden Are Potential ‘Super Agers’ Whose Age Is ‘Not Relevant’ To Election, Study Finds

Donald Trump and Joe Biden are likely to stay in good health for the duration of the next presidential term and may be “super agers” who will significantly outlive other men their age, a new study projects, undercutting criticisms about the septuagenarians’ age and mental fitness that have plagued both candidates on the campaign trail.

Trump, Biden Are Potential ‘Super Agers’ Whose Age Is ‘Not Relevant’ To Election, Study Finds (forbes.com)

So it was the alleged size of the crowd that absolves Trump of providing any support for his wild and repeatedly disproved assertions? What's the maximum size a crowd can be before reason is dispensed with? If the alleged size was only "249,000 would evidence be pertinent? "Moronic" might best be an adjective applied closer to home.

As far as I can tell the rest of what you wrote is just pure unhinged rant almost worthy of Trump himself. I guess the gist of it is, "To hell with evidence-based thinking."

A certain amount of physical wasting or atrophy—also medically termed “regional deterioration of brain structure”—occurs in the brain naturally with age.1 The impact of these structural alterations is vastly underestimated by both physicians and patients alike. This process usually commences around age 30, with marked acceleration observed at 50.

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2011/10/combating-age-related-brain-deterioration

7 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

looking at those incredible images, i was wondering if i should be surprised or not? i'm serious

if you google 'mostly peaceful protests images' you will find

that riot is the new normal, only how it is viewed changes,

some say these activists inspire and want to make the vision reality

50 minutes ago, scammed said:

A certain amount of physical wasting or atrophy—also medically termed “regional deterioration of brain structure”—occurs in the brain naturally with age.1 The impact of these structural alterations is vastly underestimated by both physicians and patients alike. This process usually commences around age 30, with marked acceleration observed at 50.

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2011/10/combating-age-related-brain-deterioration

Thanks for the generalization.  Maybe you should share this article with the gerontologists who wrote the research paper I cited. The point of which was that Trump and Biden were judged to be super agers. That is to say, exceptions to the usual course of brain related aging.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, scammed said:

if you google 'mostly peaceful protests images' you will find

that riot is the new normal, only how it is viewed changes,

some say these activists inspire and want to make the vision reality

And they're making money off it by live streaming the event.  Terrible!!!

https://cointelegraph.com/news/tron-s-dlive-platform-under-fire-for-live-streaming-us-capitol-extremists

10 minutes ago, scammed said:

well looting is so common in riots so the terms are interchangeable

Yeah, these nuts stole lots of stuff.  Luckily, many are now already in jail, with more to come.  Terrorists, one and all.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah, these nuts stole lots of stuff.  Luckily, many are now already in jail, with more to come.  Terrorists, one and all.

and what about black lives matter, are they nuts and terrorists and should be in jail,

or do they stand above the law ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, pegman said:

One is a crazed personality cult with nonsense beefs, ie: stolen election, while the other has legitimate complaints like racist cops.

Yes exactly and also in the case of the Mr. trump incited domestic terrorists, they were involved in insurrection at the U.S. national capitol which gets into extremely serious federal crimes. Nobody with any credibility excuses "regular" rioting but what happened recently at the capitol was historic. The U.S. capitol hadn't been attacked like that since the British did in 1814. They were foreign enemies at the time. These terrorists that bizarrely consider themselves patriots were enemies within. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1