Happy in Thailand. Feel lucky to be here.

Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai

I am on the other side of the fence , we are trying to sell our home but the first sale fell through .Been here for 10 years and I get bored now.I miss the beaches the high country and good doctors ..I have enjoyed myself here  as I am well past pension age it is time to go home. Cheap house being sold in chiang rai

Cheers

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Give me Thai femininity over Aussie feminism any day.

Correct. The first time I came here as a consultant, I was completely gobsmacked by the grace, beauty, femininity and attitude of Thai women. Sometimes still am.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Correct. The first time I came here as a consultant, I was completely gobsmacked by the grace, beauty, femininity and attitude of Thai women. Sometimes still am.

I am aware that Thai men can regard us as poachers of their delights..take too much and

it may one day become illegal, if I were Thai, I'd soon put the kibosh on it, wouldn't you?

Enjoy while you can.

On 1/8/2021 at 2:03 AM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

2020 for me was a good year as a retired Alien.

I am 70years old  now been married 3 times totalling 47 years.

My Wife now of 9 years is a Lanna lady. She spent 3 years in Australia with me.

When I retired I wanted to come to Thailand, she would have been happy staying in Australia. She say I your wife I go with you anywhere and take care of you.

Now been here 6 years together here in San Kamphaeng area. The last 9years been best of my life.

No not a case of deep pockets.

We hear many negatives on this Forum but I have lots friends who have great wives. True I don't know what it cost them but they all lovely ladies who  respect and care for their husbands.

I lucky myself my wife is great and smart, We live now on my pension and hardly ever need touch savings.

We have our own house and she insisted I must be on title as 30 year lease.

Sure many guys here same as me.

Yes doesn't matter where we live there are things we don't like, Governments, stupid outdated laws ect.

We lucky to be here.

Being an Aussie we like to take Mickey out often, but that us.

I be happy to live out rest my life here and go out with big BBQ.

Hope no one kills a attendee for not wearing a mask. Lol.

????????????

I’m an Aussie too and retired , on the aged pension.My understanding is the aged pension is severely reduced if you live outside of Australia for longer than 6 months. How do get around this?

• Haha 1

Been living here 16 years love the place and my partner of the same time. Came from N.Z  Been back a few times but my partner and I prefer Thailand have a house in both countries Life is good

Edited by whiteman
  • Like 1

Very happy in Thailand and have been for many years, far better than England which on the very rare visits I have made to see family, looks and feels like a foreign country to me now so I hope to remain here for the rest of my life, with my wife and children.

• Like 1

Great Post

I'm on the other side.
I've been living here for 19 years, mid-50s, teenage children. These last 19years have been the best in my life.

Now my family would like us all to move to Australia in the next few years for my children's university studies.
I don't want to leave Thailand, I've settled here, fully assimilated.

Australia....I reckon I'm not going to fit in, there's been a lot of changes, sadly not for the better.
Thailand has what I want, the government rules correctly (not perfectly) with people management, the food is great, wonderful climate and affordability.

Over the many years I've been working on a 28/28 day rotation (this has probably saved my liver) around the world, had to make many difficult decisions.

Difficult decision.......moving back to Oz.

• Like 1