Happy in Thailand. Feel lucky to be here.

Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai

16 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Totally agree Bruce very similar to you but a year older and live further North in the same Province.

We can always find fault but after living here for ten years would not want to live in Australia, great country that it is.

Life is what you make it and I feel sorry for the people using this site who are so unhappy and negative.

Begs the question of course why they are still here.

Continue to enjoy the life.

Excellent post, but if all the posts were of a positive nature, how boring would it be? I post and answer posts about things I feel about, both positive and negative, there are plenty of both here in Thailand.

7 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I am aware that Thai men can regard us as poachers of their delights..take too much and

it may one day become illegal, if I were Thai, I'd soon put the kibosh on it, wouldn't you?

Enjoy while you can.

When you see the sad emoticans, that should give you an idea of peoples feelings, what I mean is, if you see a regular saddo on it's own regularly surrounded by "likes" and "happys" and "thanks", then you know that the poster has opinions that are not shared by the majority of posters.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well said Bruce. Good to see some positive thinking about life in Thailand. My involvements here go back to 1960, and I've lived here permanently with my Thai wife since 1993. Still love the place and it's people.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:03 PM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

2020 for me was a good year as a retired Alien.

I am 70years old  now been married 3 times totalling 47 years.

My Wife now of 9 years is a Lanna lady. She spent 3 years in Australia with me.

When I retired I wanted to come to Thailand, she would have been happy staying in Australia. She say I your wife I go with you anywhere and take care of you.

Now been here 6 years together here in San Kamphaeng area. The last 9years been best of my life.

No not a case of deep pockets.

We hear many negatives on this Forum but I have lots friends who have great wives. True I don't know what it cost them but they all lovely ladies who  respect and care for their husbands.

I lucky myself my wife is great and smart, We live now on my pension and hardly ever need touch savings.

We have our own house and she insisted I must be on title as 30 year lease.

Sure many guys here same as me.

Yes doesn't matter where we live there are things we don't like, Governments, stupid outdated laws ect.

We lucky to be here.

Being an Aussie we like to take Mickey out often, but that us.

I be happy to live out rest my life here and go out with big BBQ.

Hope no one kills a attendee for not wearing a mask. Lol.

????????????

I like your attitude.

Many members of this forum expertise in grievance, complaint, and criticising. They  so grumpy and "suffer" so much but will not consider relocation back to their homeland. 

I tell my grumpy friends: "This is what  you get. Take it or leave it". 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, possum1931 said:

When you see the sad emoticans, that should give you an idea of peoples feelings, what I mean is, if you see a regular saddo on it's own regularly surrounded by "likes" and "happys" and "thanks", then you know that the poster has opinions that are not shared by the majority of posters.

Oops, sorry possum, couldn't resist it.

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 9:08 AM, Natai Beach said:

When I return to Oz I am am increasing gobsmacked by the lack of grace, build, demanding attitude, aggressiveness and masculinity of the Aussie women. 

I think the reason is two fold, firstly because I am used to the Thai way and secondly they really are getting worse.

That is why I have applied fro a spouse visa to australia .

Joke ...

Q.why have aussie ladies got crows feet around the eyes

A You  want me to suck what !!!!

• Haha 2

I like Thailand and Chiang Mai.

Yes it's not nice in the burning season and normally I have a month or so down on the seaside.

Don't know if Ill be allowed to escape this year just have to wait and see.

Thai gov did well banning flights in and out and the internal crackdown was strict but very few deaths, unlike UK not to mention USA.

Neither I or any of my aquatencies knows anyone who is in Hospital with Covid let alone died of of it.

john

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

I like Thailand and Chiang Mai.

Yes it's not nice in the burning season and normally I have a month or so down on the seaside.

Don't know if Ill be allowed to escape this year just have to wait and see.

Thai gov did well banning flights in and out and the internal crackdown was strict but very few deaths, unlike UK not to mention USA.

Neither I or any of my aquatencies knows anyone who is in Hospital with Covid let alone died of of it.

john

A month or so?

like Chang mai????

it’s like someone saying they like Chernobyl, but not the radiation ☢️ 

• Like 1

Well having lived in CM for the last 17 years I think I know about the burning season.

Upset all the Doris have I, Bad boy.

Normally a month to six weeks of bad air so Prachuap suits me.

Chernobyl and China eeh eeh, Go home and support Donald you'll make the difference on his next insurrection.

All the Losers.

john

On 1/23/2021 at 10:44 AM, jonwilly said:

Well having lived in CM for the last 17 years I think I know about the burning season.

Upset all the Doris have I, Bad boy.

Normally a month to six weeks of bad air so Prachuap suits me.

Chernobyl and China eeh eeh, Go home and support Donald you'll make the difference on his next insurrection.

All the Losers.

john

I like Prachuap a lot, my wife and I used to go every year. I'm 18 years older than her but a lot more willing to leave the house and go for a little adventure. I sometimes wonder if building a home was a mistake, trying to get her to go out is not easy.

As far as I can see Prachuap is not in lockdown but to reach there it is necessary to go through provinces at the max lockdown which as I understand is not allowed.

Nice quiet town the Provincial City, I go to Hua Hin of a Sunday to shop at Villa, who stock the products I like.

john

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 10:03 PM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

2020 for me was a good year as a retired Alien.

I am 70years old  now been married 3 times totalling 47 years.

My Wife now of 9 years is a Lanna lady. She spent 3 years in Australia with me.

When I retired I wanted to come to Thailand, she would have been happy staying in Australia. She say I your wife I go with you anywhere and take care of you.

Now been here 6 years together here in San Kamphaeng area. The last 9years been best of my life.

No not a case of deep pockets.

We hear many negatives on this Forum but I have lots friends who have great wives. True I don't know what it cost them but they all lovely ladies who  respect and care for their husbands.

I lucky myself my wife is great and smart, We live now on my pension and hardly ever need touch savings.

We have our own house and she insisted I must be on title as 30 year lease.

Sure many guys here same as me.

Yes doesn't matter where we live there are things we don't like, Governments, stupid outdated laws ect.

We lucky to be here.

Being an Aussie we like to take Mickey out often, but that us.

I be happy to live out rest my life here and go out with big BBQ.

Hope no one kills a attendee for not wearing a mask. Lol.

????????????

I feel the same Bruce Aussie.  I love being in CM, thanks for sharing your positive thoughts and experiences.

• 1 month later...

I was away for two months from CNX.  The last two weeks were in quarantine in BKK.  I am happy to be back.  For the first week I went back some my old haunts.  I am shocked at the number of for rent signs that have popped up in the city.  I noticed a 7-11 in the old city has also closed.  I walked by the Hard Rock Cafe at lunchtime and it looked like it was closed?  I even saw a few more closed shops and restaurants inside Maya Mall.  My favorite vegetarian placed at Maya looked very slow and the only people working there were the gracious brother and sister that have been  running  this stand for years.  I was very glad to see them and enjoy their food. 

I went back to the same barber I have been going to for years and tipped him a more than usual to show my happiness and gratitude because I am now back in CNX.  

I hope the next high season is better for the locals.  

• Like 1