Phuket under face mask order, B20k fine

webfact

Phuket under face mask order, B20k fine

1610037224_1-org.jpg

Image: PR Phuket

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has issued a provincial order making it illegal to not wear a face mask in a public area. The penalty for breach of the order is a fine of up to B20,000 or may even include a jail term, the order warned.

The Phuket office of the Public Relations Department (PR Phuket) published the order just before 6:30pm today (Jan 7).

The order was also marked as effective from today (Jan 7).

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-under-face-mask-order-b20k-fine-78579.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-01-08

3 minutes ago, mr mr said:

what about improper wearing of mask ? is it considered ok if i do the chin tuck ? or my personal fav the ear dangle ?

Or the Falang fat nose hanging out then they sneeze.

I want to punch them in the face.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I don't understand why it's such a big thing about wearing a mask. This morning her indoors had to go to one of the local offices to sort out some paperwork and there was an expat shouting at the staff because he was asked to wear a mask in the office.

I would describe exactly what I think of him but it would be deleted by the mods.

Let's just say I don't agree with the 'if you don't like it here go home posts' but, in this case it fits, for this xxxxxle anyway.

Edited by overherebc

25 minutes ago, smiggley said:

While they are at it why don't they enforce wearing a helmet on a motor bike, The fine there is only 200 baht, big difference in fines but equally dangerous. I wear both mask and helmet.

Well one person falling off his bike and smashing his head in doesn't infect others to make their heads smashed in.

One Covid infected person refusing to wear a mask/use hand cleaner/and shouting at everyone in an office is very likely to infect others.

• Sad 1

On 1/8/2021 at 11:50 AM, smiggley said:

While they are at it why don't they enforce wearing a helmet on a motor bike, The fine there is only 200 baht, big difference in fines but equally dangerous. I wear both mask and helmet.

Because not wearing a helmet is only dangerous for the non-user. Not wearing a mask can be dangerous for others.

As for wearing a mask when riding your motorbike............