Ten weeks in Thailand: 1st SFG (A) Green Beret is first U.S. Soldier to complete Royal Thai Army’s Ranger School

webfact

Many years ago I worked with their elite and I was not impressed and they couldn't even finish a run but mind you I wasnt impressed with the American 1st sgt who couldn't finish the run (only 3 out of usa platoon finished) but boy he really new how to tear a live chickens throat out with his teeth....

The question is why would he want to do it unless it's a swap/share attachment And, 24hrs without sleep when was that a military hard ship? Is the Thai special forces now more enduring than american GB's? I'm sure his endurance wasnt stretched or it shouldn't have been. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Letseng said:

Did you do it? You seem to have insider experience. Pls share 

Didn't need to, I spent 5 years in 23 SAS in the UK in the 70s.  Genuinely.  

What have you ever done? 

<cue all the wannabes and Walts lining up to claim what they want people to think they did>

Edited by Irrumator
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Irrumator said:

Didn't need to, I spent 5 years in 23 SAS in the UK in the 70s.  Genuinely.  

What have you ever done? 

<cue all the wannabes and Walts lining up to claim what they want people to think they did>

I was just genuinely interested. Find it fascinating. 

Thaivisa seems to be a playground for all sorts of hobby experts. Expertise usually changes with current topics. Hard to distinguish between genuine and  know it all.

No, I wasn't an SAS member. No such unit in our armed forces. 

On 1/7/2021 at 10:34 PM, Somtamnication said:

That is a tough course and I congratulate him!

Why congratulate somebody for completing an easy course?   SAS, SBS, RAF Regiment, and Royal Marine Commando courses are far harder and I have known some SEALS who tried some of their courses and could not finish.  For example, when they do a speed march they have wear full-kit and carry a Bergen containing 32 lb and they have 8 hours to complete the 30 miles over some really rough terrain.  Don't forget that weight will increase due to the addition of weight from sweat and water from rain and going through streams, etc.  Sounds easy?  Try doing 1 mile with a backpack with 5 lb at full marching pace and you will find it ain't as simple as it sounds.  The person in the photograph probably would not finish that part of the course.  The complete course is six months and few finish it.

• Like 1