Tech platforms block Trump, with Facebook's Zuckerberg saying risk 'too great'

webfact

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Are you missing the point?

He/everybody should have freedom of speech.

But freedom of speech comes with some rules.

No lies/nothing that is untruthful and especially when the lies/untruths influence others to engage in violence. 

And especially when the person regularly claims to be a champion of law and order.

That's not true. You are definitely free to lie thanks to the First Amendment. You just can't lie to commit a crime like fraud or intentional inciting violence.. Whether Trump's speech amounts to the crime of inciting violence is debatable. That it did incite violence is clear. But you would have to show intent on Trump's part.

17 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Watch some of the interviews with these terrorists.  Wow!  Not very smart and fully bought into the lies of Trump, and the insane conspiracy theories on social media.  They need to see professional help.  Seriously.

when the woke rule the world and freedom of speech is gone we may look back and miss the don big time... sad times indeed

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, rosst said:

I am no fan of the man but this is censorship and what gives these people the right to decide what he may want to say? 

The slippery slope just got steeper 

I think it has to have limits, same as censorship for the greater good.

My father (lives with me) has gone right down that Qanon rabbithole, there's no pulling him out.  It's like a religion and he's trying to "convert me" (and everyone else he knows).  I've spent the last year or so pretty much trying to avoid him in my house as he repeats the same old <deleted>, convinced I need to wake up, we've all been brainwashed (except him of course!).

I made a deal with him.  I will block the internet to his TV if Trump if NOT re-elected, and if he is, I will watch all this bullsh*t he's watching.

Even today, given Trumps statement, my father is still convinced Trump will be in for another 4 years (at least).

• Sad 1

Donald just got banned from twitter forever permanently oh boy is he going to have the mother of all tantrums !!!great isolation is perfect limit the damage he can do till the 20th when he’s neutered 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

Donald just got banned from twitter forever permanently oh boy is he going to have the mother of all tantrums !!!great isolation is perfect limit the damage he can do till the 20th when he’s neutered 

Well, at least we won't have to experience the tantrum on Twitter (or FaceBook, for the time being).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Without Twitter how will we know?

Just another piece of bear excrement in the forest.

That’s funny I was thinking of just that parable when I made my post lol he also has had his access to the (football) restricted thank god 

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

That’s funny I was thinking of just that parable when I made my post lol he also has had his access to the (football) restricted thank god 

But he still has access to the codes...

Every thoughtful person should be worried about this until the day General Zuckerberg (NORAD) disconnects him...for good.

This is a man who just recently precipitated a riot against his own (and America's) law making apparatus-both physically and intellectually and would,surely,think nothing of a little extra excitement.

37 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I've got several friends like this.  Well....former friends because I can't associate with people like this.  So sorry for your situation.  It's hard to figure out why these people fall for the lies so hard.

Watching videos of the terrorists at the capitol building was mind boggling.  The things they say, they believe, it's insane.  It's in the realm of mentally unstable people.  I guess there are lots of them in the world???

Hope things work out OK for you.  Good luck....

Exactly! He's 77 (and poor!) and I really ought to kick him out.  Totally unbearable, turns every conversation back to his QAnon agenda within seconds.  He really has been brainwashed.  Never was the sharpest tool, mind.

I think there are millions around the world like him.  This sort of thing really breaks up families, friends.

Hence some controls on "Free Speech" really is required.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

He just tried that and failed. He tweeted using the official potus account and twitter took it down.

5555....the world is on to him.  Without the ability to rage tweet and attack people, more and more will speak out against Trump.  He's basically impotent without Twitter.

28 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

5555....the world is on to him.  Without the ability to rage tweet and attack people, more and more will speak out against Trump.  He's basically impotent without Twitter.

No. There's Parler. 10's of millions will be opening accounts there.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

No. There's Parler. 10's of millions will be opening accounts there.

Hope this isn't a repeat, but Apple said it will remove Parler from it's store if it doesn't take down the BS.  They've got 24 hours to do so.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Hope this isn't a repeat, but Apple said it will remove Parler from it's store if it doesn't take down the BS.  They've got 24 hours to do so.

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Removed from Playstore, Apple will no doubt do so soon.

If true, certainly the right thing to do and a good move. Still leaves them the web version, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 5:42 AM, Kadilo said:

It’s all falling apart.....shame. 

Even Boris is now putting the boot in. Pity he didn’t have the balls before and waited until he has one leg out the door. 

He's not called The Panderer for nothing...

About time they booted Trump off these platforms. TBH, the world would be a better place if FaceBook/Twatter etc. didn't exist

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Seems like no one wants to do business with domestic terrorists anymore:

Parler CEO Says Service Dropped By “Every Vendor” And Could End His Business

“Every vendor from text message services to email providers to our lawyers all ditched us too on the same day,” Matze said today on Fox News. (...) He added: “We’re going to try our best to get back online as quickly as possible. But we’re having a lot of trouble because every vendor we talk to says they won’t work with us. Because if Apple doesn’t approve and Google doesn’t approve, they won’t.”

(https://deadline.com/2021/01/parler-ceo-says-service-dropped-by-every-vendor-and-could-end-the-company-1234670607/

One down, many more to go.  Fox News opinion hosts being some of the worst with regards to lies and propaganda.  Sadly, they're getting very rich off it.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-politicians/republicans/tucker-carlson-net-worth/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Fox News opinion hosts being some of the worst with regards to lies and propaganda.  Sadly, they're getting very rich off it.

I love watching the rubios, the nunes on FOX NEWS complaining about freedom of speech. How can one be so stoopid?

About as reasonable as them calling for unity and healing NOW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1