EU citizens will be banned from using ID cards to enter UK from October - The Telegraph

webfact

EU citizens will be banned from using ID cards to enter UK from October - The Telegraph

2021-01-07T205507Z_1_LYNXMPEH061GF_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-BRITAIN-CABINET.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Britain's Home Secretary Priti Patel arrives for a cabinet meeting at the FCO in London, Britain September 22, 2020. Leon Neal/Pool via REUTERS/File Photo

(Reuters) - European Union citizens will be banned from using ID cards to enter Britain from October amidst growing concern about the proliferation of fake European IDs, the Telegraph reported https://bit.ly/3q5gdod on Thursday.

British interior minister Priti Patel is using Brexit to change the rules so that EU ID cards can no longer be used as travel documents. Instead, visiting EU nationals will have to present passports at UK borders, the report said.

(Reporting by Radhika Anilkumar in Bengaluru; Editing by Leslie Adler)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-01-08

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

You are twisting my words, I have never said EU folk wanted to be in the UK.

You keep reminding me you are better than most as you are educated, well if so, try not twisting others written words....Thank you.....:cowboy:

You were doubting him asking him how he knew. He probably knew how to use google. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

How is that relevant? 

England and Scotland are different country's, so I didn't see the link between BKK and Hua Hin, the same country.

Thinking there might be a Hua Hin in China, that I have never heard about.........????

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, transam said:

England and Scotland are different country's, so I didn't see the link between BKK and Hua Hin, the same country.

Thinking there might be a Hua Hin in China, that I have never heard about.........????

And just to confuse things more. I need a passport to travel from kuala lumpur, malaysia, to srawak malaysia.

Same country but need passport and get 3months on mainland but only 1 month in sarawak.

But uk just opened another can of worms, expect tit for tat. Though its no big.deal to carry a pp when travelling.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Do you need one when traveling from London to Glasgow? Or from Bangkok to Huahin? 

There are no international borders between London and Glasgow, as they both come under UK government and you know that I'm sure.

UK citizens have always had to show passports to visit any EU country. The same should have always applied to those visiting UK, ID cards are notoriously easy to fake

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

There are no international borders between London and Glasgow, as they both come under UK government and you know that I'm sure.

UK citizens have always had to show passports to visit any EU country. The same should have always applied to those visiting UK, ID cards are notoriously easy to fake

"UK citizens have always had to show passports to visit any EU country. "

Not true.

ou can use your identity (ID) card to travel to the United Kingdom (UK) up to and including 30 September 2021. From 1 October 2021 you will need a valid passport. If you become a UK resident on or before 31 December 2020, you can continue to use your ID card to travel between the Netherlands and the UK until at least the end of 2025.  

From https://www.government.nl/topics/brexit/question-and-answer/can-i-travel-to-the-uk-with-an-id-card-after-brexit-or-do-i-need-a-passport#:~:text=You can use your identity,will need a valid passport.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Nice.I should have been more specific. People *born* in the UK have always had to show passports to visit any EU country.

• Like 1