Trump supporters who stormed U.S. Capitol could face sedition charges -prosecutor

webfact

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There should be some national security laws in place, that allow Trump to be locked up in jail, until the 20th. He is a dangerous man, and a threat to the nation. 

And as far as charging his rioters with sedition, I have no issue with that. But, only a small percentage of the ones who broke into the capital building were arrested. 

Compared to Portland, where protestors who came close to government buildings were treated quite harshly, this reeks of favoritism toward the white Trump crowd. How can the capital building, with congress in session, not be considered a far greater security threat, than a nearly empty government building in Portland? Something smells fishy here. 

No doubt the capital police failed miserably. But, was it a deliberate failure? And if so, should they be charged with a crime? 

"...rioters..."

"...protesters..."

Zip up. Your bias is showing

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

If you're like me, maybe you were wondering what these rioters hope to accomplish by invading the Capitol. It turns out that a lot of them were qanon supporters and they believed that by doing this they would instigate the storm. If you don't know what the storm is it's the Day of Reckoning when the corrupt elites will be tried and executed for treason. The paste link function on my mobile isn't working now but if you go to Business Insider you can get all the details.

Edited by placeholder
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If you're like me, maybe you were wondering what these rioters hope to accomplish by invading the Capitol. It turns out that a lot of them were qanon supporters and they believed that by doing this they would instigate the storm. If you don't know what the storm is it's the Day of Reckoning when the corrupt elites will be tried and executed for treason. The paste link function on my mobile isn't working now but if you go to Business Insider you can get all the details.

Oh they’ve instigated a storm alright.

It’s headed straight for them and Trump will not be throwing them rolls of tissue paper.

• Like 1

It could have been a massacre of the Congress yesterday followed by a decree of martial law including an indefinite postponement of the inauguration.  I don't know if that was in the minds of the putschists, but I'll bet it was in Trump's mind.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, cmarshall said:

It could have been a massacre of the Congress yesterday followed by a decree of martial law including an indefinite postponement of the inauguration.  I don't know if that was in the minds of the putschists, but I'll bet it was in Trump's mind.

Explains the pre-recorded videos he released afterwards.

• Like 1

Just now, heybruce said:

Trump's anger at Pence for doing what he was constitutionally required to do may have shut out Trump's best chance of avoiding Federal charges.

Yeah, Pence finally stood up to Trump.  So perhaps the possibility of Trump resigning and Pence giving him a pardon is out the window?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah, Pence finally stood up to Trump.  So perhaps the possibility of Trump resigning and Pence giving him a pardon is out the window?

One hopes.  Although I'm not sure if Trump's ego would have ever allowed him to resign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

There should be some national security laws in place, that allow Trump to be locked up in jail, until the 20th. 

There's the 25th amendment - doesn't lock him up, but it removes him from power for being unfit for office. Apparently several cabinet members were considering this option yesterday.

3 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

There's the 25th amendment - doesn't lock him up, but it removes him from power for being unfit for office. Apparently several cabinet members were considering this option yesterday.

that's if any are left....

Trump Administration Officials Who Resigned Over Capitol Violence

https://www.nytimes.com/article/trump-resignations.html

mulvaney has indicated more resignations are to be expected, that "a trickle of other departures may become a flood."

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

that's if any are left....

Trump Administration Officials Who Resigned Over Capitol Violence

https://www.nytimes.com/article/trump-resignations.html

mulvaney has indicated more resignations are to be expected, that "a trickle of other departures may become a flood."

The Secretarys of Transportation and Education have already resigned.  Since it is not clear that whoever is functioning as the acting secretary in those departments can exert the 25th Amendment, did they resign just to block the invocation of the 25th Amendment in case Pence was inclined to do so.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

The Secretarys of Transportation and Education have already resigned.  Since it is not clear that whoever is functioning as the acting secretary in those departments can exert the 25th Amendment, did they resign just to block the invocation of the 25th Amendment in case Pence was inclined to do so.

regardless, it appears nancy is planning to introduce another set of articles of impeachment on wednesday, making trump the first president to be impeached twice.

won't go anywhere in the senate, but will make for delicious political theater, and provide many juicy quotes from republican senators that will be thinking of the 2022 midterms.  20 of the 34 seats up for grabs are currently held by republicans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

regardless, it appears nancy is planning to introduce another set of articles of impeachment on wednesday, making trump the first president to be impeached twice.

won't go anywhere in the senate, but will make for delicious political theater, and provide many juicy quotes from republican senators that will be thinking of the 2022 midterms.  20 of the 34 seats up for grabs are currently held by republicans.

Impeachment is still important.  McConnell will not conduct a trial in the Senate, but once Schumer becomes Majority Leader when the two new senators from GA take their seats he will hold a real trial which will include testimony and other evidence, not like the last impeachment trial. The Republicans still won't convict him, but the case against him and his co-conspirators will be made to the American people.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Trump could pardon them.

Does anybody actually think that Donald Trump is going to care enough about this cross section of the Hee Haw viewing demographic that he pulled his Jedi Mind Trick on, in the next 12 days, to find out who they are and pardon them? He is currently consumed with saving his and the inner circle's own collective seditious asses...and when he can get a good tee time on January 20th....and his upcoming unveiling of taxes in the State Of New York.

• Like 2