Trump supporters who stormed U.S. Capitol could face sedition charges -prosecutor

20 minutes ago, SometimezaGreatNotion said:

Their best defense may be to plead they were cult brainwashed by way of Low IQ

Innocent by reason of stupidity.  Hey, even some members of Congress could skate with that one!

All action regarding the mob should be put off until the GOP is out of the WH, let the new AG handle this.

And then there's this

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/donald-trump-self-pardon/index.html

My guess is they'll make some sort of a deal to look in the other way in exchange for him accepting that he cannot be president again.  It's like was being said post-Nixon, that prosecuting a former president make the country look bad -- that's the kind of stuff I'm expecting to hear this time as well.

Edited by bendejo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the sharpest pencils in the box, this crowd. Nice of them not to wear covid masks, so identification so much easier with full face photos

They caused a lot of damage inside the building.  Trump should pay for it.  His campaign paid for all the infrastructure outside.  They should pay for the damage outside also. 

Their best defense may be to plead they were cult brainwashed by way of Low IQ

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, SometimezaGreatNotion said:

As far as I know, presidential pardon is not reviewable by any court.

I'm sure they can find some state offences that were commited.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

When?

Pretty sure you need a name for a pardon, although trump could just issue a blanket mob pardon I guess.

And he just threw them under the bus with his most recent video.

Nope.  Name is not necessary.  Andrew Johnson pardoned the whole Confederate army and Jimmy Carter pardoned the Vietnam era draft dodgers.

10 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

I'm sure they can find some state offences that were commited.

The Capitol is not located in a state.  There are local ordinances in D.C., but the D.C. is governed by the federal government, i.e. the Trump administration at the moment.

2 minutes ago, steevjee said:

As a non American I feel great pity for those Americans who must now feel incredible embarrassment that they actually voted for this pathetic individual. I think he has now 100% guaranteed that the Republicans will not regain office for many elections to come, so why not just keep an open mind and give Biden a fair chance to fix things.

To be fair to them (Americans), remember that Trump lost the popular voate in 2016, too. Of course this time round he's lost the popular vote by an even bigger margin, lost the Presidency, lost the House and the Senate

All he needs now is to go out for a round at Mar-a-Largo and he could make a clean sweep of it - but I would advise against letting him do the scoring.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
26 minutes ago, Susco said:

How about charging the seditionist in chief?

Pence is certainly not going to invoke the 25th Amendment to transfer presidential powers to himself.  If he tried I don't think he would find a majority of the Cabinet to agree.  Pelosi talks about impeaching Trump and she should, but the decision to conduct a Senate trial on impeachment charges still rests with McConnell until the new senators from GA take their seats, which is days or weeks away.  Pelosi should do it anyway, because when Schumer eventually becomes Majority Leader they can hold the trial, but they won't get 17 Republican senators to convict.

• Like 2