Trump supporters who stormed U.S. Capitol could face sedition charges -prosecutor

webfact

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:
5 hours ago, placeholder said:

If you're like me, maybe you were wondering what these rioters hope to accomplish by invading the Capitol. It turns out that a lot of them were qanon supporters and they believed that by doing this they would instigate the storm. If you don't know what the storm is it's the Day of Reckoning when the corrupt elites will be tried and executed for treason. The paste link function on my mobile isn't working now but if you go to Business Insider you can get all the details.

Expand  

Oh they’ve instigated a storm alright.

It’s headed straight for them and Trump will not be throwing them rolls of tissue paper.

If you pay attention to the speech 45 gave right before the terrorist invasion, he said he was going to walk right there with them. They thought their big brother was gonna walk up to the capitol, punch those nasty liberals in the nose, and reign supreme for another four years. Of course the gutless bully stayed back. Reports have it he watched in real time, delighted and entertained at what he caused.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

There's the 25th amendment - doesn't lock him up, but it removes him from power for being unfit for office. Apparently several cabinet members were considering this option yesterday.

Pence has to initiate the 25th and he's already stated he "doesn't have the stomach for that." SHAME on you, you pantywaist! Tough decisions and difficult actions are why you're VP to begin with! Same thing for Biden. If there are no consequences for their crimes then there is no rule of law.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J Town said:

Reports have it he watched in real time, delighted and entertained at what he caused.

Saw the video (https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/footage-of-the-trumps-celebrating-at-rally-before-us-capitol-riots/news-story/c776846918c22abc7ae0015a4a1435de) and the reports are correct.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The president of the USA directed them.

I wonder if people in the USA can get prosecuted for following the president's orders.

Trump is the one who should be prosecuted and go to jail and pay for all the damage.

His supporters are misguided idiots.

1 minute ago, Natai Beach said:

He was going to lead them in, but his his bone spurs had a flare up.

He strongly encouraged them to come to the capital buildings and to 'fight' to overturn his election loss through changing votes.

They come and there's suggestion he facilitated them entering the building.

Now he says they are terrorists and should be punished.

Evil toad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

That there are still senior Republican members who do not see anything wrong in what Donald Trump has done is not only tantamount to sedition in itself, but to plain, pure stupidity, yet they are in charge of the country (for a while anyway). Unbelievable. 

They are perfectly aware of what they are doing and are not stupid. They are just led by self-interest.

1 minute ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

I think it was Carter that pardoned the Vietnam draft dodgers I don't think he did that by name but correct me if I'm wrong. 

I think correct, but the dodgers were known by name. That is not the case here, not yet. So I hope they put this on hold for 12 more days.

• Like 1

US Capitol Police confirm death of officer after pro-Trump riot

(CNN)The US Capitol Police confirmed the death of one of their officers late Thursday from injuries suffered when a mob of President Donald Trump's supporters stormed the Capitol a day before.

Capitol Police said in a statement that Officer Brian D. Sicknick died at approximately 9:30 p.m. ET Thursday "due to injuries sustained while on-duty."

The death is being investigated by the DC Metropolitan Police Department's homicide branch, the US Capitol Police and their federal partners.

• Sad 2

There has been months of rioting, looting, burning, arson, even killing by leftist and liberals. And a full four years of 'resistance' to the democratic process by middle class millennial Marxists and media luvvies. Their hypocrisy is nauseating. Three people died in the demonstration including one woman shot dead by police. But not a murmur from the media. Wrong colour..wrong politics.  But my guess is we are going to see a lot more such demonstrations and 'resistance' from the conservative elements in the USA...Its just starting.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

49 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Seems this chap tased himself in the genitals, one presumes accidently, and died from aheart attack.

Alabama man dies amid pro-Trump rally, riot at U.S. Capitol

A north Alabama man who family said was a supporter of President Donald Trump has been identified as one of four fatalities in Wednesday's pro-Trump rally and subsequent riot. 

Kevin Greeson, of Athens, Alabama, died due to a heart attack, according to a statement from his family Thursday provided by his wife. 

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/politics/2021/01/07/alabama-man-dies-amid-pro-trump-rally-riot-us-capitol/6581462002/

cb3f855f-2ad0-4657-8599-afa0f74897eb-Greeson.jpeg

snopes is unable to confirm that rumor.

There have been unconfirmed reports, echoed by at least one journalist who was on the ground, that one of the adult males included in this tally died of a heart attack after accidentally tasing himself, but Snopes is unable to confirm that assertion at this time, or if that report refers to Greeson. 

Did 4 People Die During Jan. 6 Capitol Riot? - Snopes.com

Here's how that reporter describes herself on Twitter: indie reporter Tweeting Through It - labor activist - visionary genius ahead of her/their time

So I'm dubious.