Jump to content

Trump supporters who stormed U.S. Capitol could face sedition charges -prosecutor


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s headed straight for them and Trump will not be throwing them rolls of tissue paper.

and we still have to call him Mr. President for the rest of his life...

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the sharpest pencils in the box, this crowd. Nice of them not to wear covid masks, so identification so much easier with full face photos

They caused a lot of damage inside the building.  Trump should pay for it.  His campaign paid for all the infrastructure outside.  They should pay for the damage outside also. 

Their best defense may be to plead they were cult brainwashed by way of Low IQ

Posted Images

It could have been a massacre of the Congress yesterday followed by a decree of martial law including an indefinite postponement of the inauguration.  I don't know if that was in the minds of the putschists, but I'll bet it was in Trump's mind.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cmarshall said:

It could have been a massacre of the Congress yesterday followed by a decree of martial law including an indefinite postponement of the inauguration.  I don't know if that was in the minds of the putschists, but I'll bet it was in Trump's mind.

Explains the pre-recorded videos he released afterwards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heybruce said:

Trump's anger at Pence for doing what he was constitutionally required to do may have shut out Trump's best chance of avoiding Federal charges.

Yeah, Pence finally stood up to Trump.  So perhaps the possibility of Trump resigning and Pence giving him a pardon is out the window?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah, Pence finally stood up to Trump.  So perhaps the possibility of Trump resigning and Pence giving him a pardon is out the window?

One hopes.  Although I'm not sure if Trump's ego would have ever allowed him to resign.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

There should be some national security laws in place, that allow Trump to be locked up in jail, until the 20th. 

There's the 25th amendment - doesn't lock him up, but it removes him from power for being unfit for office. Apparently several cabinet members were considering this option yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

There's the 25th amendment - doesn't lock him up, but it removes him from power for being unfit for office. Apparently several cabinet members were considering this option yesterday.

 

that's if any are left....

 

Trump Administration Officials Who Resigned Over Capitol Violence

https://www.nytimes.com/article/trump-resignations.html

 

mulvaney has indicated more resignations are to be expected, that "a trickle of other departures may become a flood."

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

 

that's if any are left....

 

Trump Administration Officials Who Resigned Over Capitol Violence

https://www.nytimes.com/article/trump-resignations.html

 

mulvaney has indicated more resignations are to be expected, that "a trickle of other departures may become a flood."

 

The Secretarys of Transportation and Education have already resigned.  Since it is not clear that whoever is functioning as the acting secretary in those departments can exert the 25th Amendment, did they resign just to block the invocation of the 25th Amendment in case Pence was inclined to do so.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

 

The Secretarys of Transportation and Education have already resigned.  Since it is not clear that whoever is functioning as the acting secretary in those departments can exert the 25th Amendment, did they resign just to block the invocation of the 25th Amendment in case Pence was inclined to do so.

 

regardless, it appears nancy is planning to introduce another set of articles of impeachment on wednesday, making trump the first president to be impeached twice.

 

won't go anywhere in the senate, but will make for delicious political theater, and provide many juicy quotes from republican senators that will be thinking of the 2022 midterms.  20 of the 34 seats up for grabs are currently held by republicans.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

 

regardless, it appears nancy is planning to introduce another set of articles of impeachment on wednesday, making trump the first president to be impeached twice.

 

won't go anywhere in the senate, but will make for delicious political theater, and provide many juicy quotes from republican senators that will be thinking of the 2022 midterms.  20 of the 34 seats up for grabs are currently held by republicans.

 

Impeachment is still important.  McConnell will not conduct a trial in the Senate, but once Schumer becomes Majority Leader when the two new senators from GA take their seats he will hold a real trial which will include testimony and other evidence, not like the last impeachment trial. The Republicans still won't convict him, but the case against him and his co-conspirators will be made to the American people.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Trump could pardon them.
 

Does anybody actually think that Donald Trump is going to care enough about this cross section of the Hee Haw viewing demographic that he pulled his Jedi Mind Trick on, in the next 12 days, to find out who they are and pardon them? He is currently consumed with saving his and the inner circle's own collective seditious asses...and when he can get a good tee time on January 20th....and his upcoming unveiling of taxes in the State Of New York.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...