Man shot dead over argument about face mask in Nakhon Sri Thammarat

webfact

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

He did. Jamnian pulled out his .357 and shot the man dead.

RIP

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

The incident happened in La-Ai sub-district of Chawang in the southern province notorious for its high gun crime rate. 

So nothing new then.

• Haha 1

• Loss of face = Loss of life 
  • Can't help but think that the old man goaded the killer with his comments
  • Early hours at a funeral? I would expect a fair quantity of alcohol had been consumed
  • A sad and unneccessary situation all around

I spent a lot of time in the villages around Nakhon Si Thammarat during 2001 to 2014 while married. A very friendly, welcoming and generous bunch of people but I heard many stories of fueds between families, neighbours and business owners. Although, thankfully, I never witnessed anything, there were many shootings and murders (hits even) in the communities. My BIL got busted one night by the cops for carrying a gun illegally in his truck - that took a while for senior BIL (army guy) to sort out. My ex's family seemed to feed and water many of the locals who were known to them - quite common for 20+ people to be eating and drinking into the night out front of the property. My early morning bicycle rides of about 40km around the area would get many shouts of "hello" from the locals drinking tea and coffee. Some even spoke English well and very rarely was I ever allowed to pay for my coffee.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

Can't help but think that the old man goaded the killer with his comments

The old man was the killer. 

When someone needs a hitman in Phangnga we always bring them over from Nakhon Sri Tammarat.  

I wonder how many the old fella has shot before.

1 hour ago, Natai Beach said:

The old man was the killer. 

When someone needs a hitman in Phangnga we always bring them over from Nakhon Sri Tammarat.  

I wonder how many the old fella has shot before.

Oops. Misread the article. Guess the old boy hasn't got many years to lose in that case. Or maybe he's well connected anyhow. 

How many hits have you needed to arrange?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Senior Sgt-Maj Phadet Thepchu who was attending the funeral saw what happened and with the aid of others arrested Jamnian as he tried to leave on a motorcycle.

Quite likely:

He told the "others" to disarm the oldtimer and then swooped in to make the arrest.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 10:14 AM, ezzra said:

A 73 years old puppeteer packing .357 magnum, i thought that only Dirty Harry has one...

Noooooo, Harry has its big brother, a S&W .44 Magnum Model 29.....????

Edited by transam

On 1/7/2021 at 7:41 PM, ChipButty said:

It's like the wild west in Nakorn Si 20 years ago I had a G/F and her brother walked into a bar and shot 5 people over gambling debts, 

Yeah, I lived on the border with Malaysia for about a year birding years ago. Interesting time to say the least. Lived in Nakorn  for a few months also.

Wild west is spot on.

Edited by garyk