Four new cases found in Chiang Mai, all linked to one venue

webfact

Four new cases found in Chiang Mai, all linked to one venue

By THE NATION

800_697204d0ccc9db4.jpg?v=1610069659

Four new Covid-19 cases were found on Thursday in Chiang Mai, raising the accumulated active cases in the province to 11, deputy governor Weerapan Dee-on told the press.

“The 54th patient in Chiang Mai is a Thai man aged 23 from Sansai district. He displayed no symptoms,” Weerapan said. “The 55th patient is another Thai man aged 28 from Muang district. He also showed no Covid-19 symptoms.

“The 56th patient is a Thai woman aged 28, who works in Bangkok but recently returned home to Sankamphaeng district. She had symptoms of coughing and a blocked nose.

“The 57th patient is another Thai woman aged 22 from Muang district. She displayed symptoms of coughing and tiredness.”

Weerapan added that all patients had visited the Warm Up Café on the night of December 31.

5KW46SDIQZb0a59b_205139.jpg

u0MTLJXD2KUbgUbw_205158.jpg

B4r014tbYLAFwrYA_205217.jpg

RQbVc65nncJbUezW_205237.jpg

On Monday, the province’s 50th Covid-19 case was found after a 25-year-old woman visited entertainment venues, pubs and restaurants. The provincial authorities took proactive steps on Tuesday to find out who else she may have infected, and discovered a 28-year-old male employee at Warm Up Café who tested positive. The employee did the 3pm-to-1am shift at the pub on December 31.

Chiang Mai public health officials have traced and tested 283 persons who visited the pub on New Year’s Eve and are awaiting the results.

The province’s communicable disease committee has also ordered all pubs, bars and karaoke venues, as well as similar entertainment businesses to shut down for 14 days, and urged people who visited the Warm Up Café on December 31 to January 3 to go for a Covid-19 test immediately.

Related Story: Clampdown in Chiang Mai after socially active woman puts people at risk

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400900

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-08

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

it only takes one...

Exactly. it really goes to show just how contagious this virus is.  And the scary thing, is that many people will walk around infected without having any symptoms at all. It's almost like a sleeping/invisible virus.. 

Edited by Kaopad999

8 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:
1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

it only takes one...

8 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Exactly. it really goes to show just how contagious this virus is.  And the scary thing, is that many people will walk around infected without having any symptoms at all. It's almost like a sleeping/invisible virus.. 

This case also shows the importance of 'track and trace'. They've had a lot of practice at this now and I have increasing confidence that they can quickly smother these clusters before they get out of hand.

I do not understand the reluctance of some people to using Thai Chana. It's an invaluable tool in cases like this.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

do not understand the reluctance of some people to using Thai Chana. It's an invaluable tool in cases like this.

Maybe they hang out on Loi Kroh road and don't want to have to explain why.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If i'm traced and tested and the result is positive as a foreigner I'm in for a world of hurt in my wallet.

But chances are, if not traced, I'd have no ill effects form the virus, and it'd be gone in no time.

The tracing is absolutely of no personal advantage to me at all.

Tell me again what you don't understand?

Why do you think you will have no ill effects if infected? If you have symptoms you sure as heck better get yourself to a hospital. Or you plan to have NO contact with anyone for X number of weeks? You plan to be a dirty farang superspreader? No wonder why many Thais have a low opinion of farangs. And I don't blame them. 

Edited by DavisH
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DavisH said:

Why do you think you will havd no ill effects? 

I'm fit and healthy (walk 9-10Km nearly every day) and have the correct weight for my height (75Kg, 6').

Most ill effects are reported in those that are chronically ill and with unhealthy lifestyles.

My family are also fit and healthy and with the correct weight.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, jackdd said:

We already know that quarantining at home if tested positive is definitely not an option, so obviously the person who you talked to had no clue what they are talking about.

You cold well be right. But that it is what they told me. people are free to call themselves to confirm 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:
6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I do not understand the reluctance of some people to using Thai Chana.

50 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

I do - many people do not have a smartphone (like me)!!!!!

That is not reluctance. No one can force you to buy one and you like anyone else can sign the register instead.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

This case also shows the importance of 'track and trace'. They've had a lot of practice at this now and I have increasing confidence that they can quickly smother these clusters before they get out of hand.

I do not understand the reluctance of some people to using Thai Chana. It's an invaluable tool in cases like this.

it is selfishness in the extreme -  and the exact cause of the horror story unfolding in the west. Folks cry "what about MY circumstances" as they're killing others. Reminds me a lot of the behavior of people who drink and drive..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm fit and healthy (walk 9-10Km nearly every day) and have the correct weight for my height (75Kg, 6').

Most ill effects are reported in those that are chronically ill and with unhealthy lifestyles.

My family are also fit and healthy and with the correct weight.

On a statistical basis, the probabilities favor you and your family. Having said that, the problem with statistics is there will always be outliers.

Slightly off  topic,,... my Daughter Inlaw in the UK was tested positive  for this Virus & told to isolate at home for 10 days, after day 2 she got chest pains, and was admitted to hospital, my Son (her Husband) asked  why he had no symtoms at all  seeing as how he had'nt islolated away from her, the hospital said they had no idea,  but he was tested Negative..

The hospital did say that you can catch this virus more then one time..

18 hours ago, jackdd said:

We already know that quarantining at home if tested positive is definitely not an option, so obviously the person who you talked to had no clue what they are talking about.

Bar talk again