Trump faces calls for removal, possible impeachment after Capitol chaos

webfact

56 minutes ago, candide said:

I don't think there will be any way to unite core Trumpers whatever happens. Only the less radical fringe of GOP voters may be concerned, and they likely won't care too much about what happened to Trump.

Having said that, from a pure tactical perspective, it may be in the Dems' interest to terminate Trump's political career. Trump will be a perfect boogeyman and a key factor for future Dem electoral wins, if he's still active on the political scene.

I think we may see a split in the GOP. Traditional conservatives versus conspiracy theory conservatives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skorp13 said:

He will be too old nd the country will have changed too much over the next 4 years, nothing to worry about. if he does run and you don't like him.....don't vote for him. It's that simple

You do know Biden is the same age 45 WOULD be in 2024? And many people really like 45 (UGH!). The only reason Biden won was more people hated 45. NOBODY really LIKES Joe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrandPapillon said:

don't think they will achieve anything with that impeachment, the Republicans have more to lose voting along, same with some Democrats, they will be on the losing end,

what a way to start a new administration that promised to "unite" everyone, instead it will create a bigger "division"

the funny thing is nobody is talking about Biden, while it should be the star of the show

I suspect the next 4 years are going to be about Trump, and not Biden ????

Ensuring 45 can't run in 2024 is one of the driving forces behind this impeachment, but the most important point is punishing deplorable, deadly behavior.

I pushed my grandma down the stairwell and she died. Now my family wants to call the cops. How will that unify our family?

Trump is gonna go away like the bad smell he is.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I think we may see a split in the GOP. Traditional conservatives versus conspiracy theory conservatives.

I believe (and I kid you not!) there is an extreme splinter group peeling off to form "The Patriot Party!" I can't find a link confirming that, but that never seems to slow down 45 supporters, so I'll take a Mulligan on this one! Mwuhahaha!

• Like 1

5 people died in the Capitol or in it's immediate aftermath.Trump supporters are perfectly incapable of getting their heads around that and remain,at their core,mendacious and contumacious and as a consequence they are not worth responding to.

Trump will disappear very quickly unless Rupert and his ilk want to drag around a dead duck-and Rupert is getting old....and he's far more dangerous than Trump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, J Town said:

Ensuring 45 can't run in 2024 is one of the driving forces behind this impeachment, but the most important point is punishing deplorable, deadly behavior.

deplorable behavior is not an illegal thing, I think you are into wishful thinking here

Trump is going to get away with the impeachment, complete waste of time

and he will run in 2024, let's see what legacy Biden will have then ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

“If you read my speech — and many people have done it, and I’ve seen it both in the papers and in the media, on television — it’s been analyzed, and people thought that what I said was totally appropriate,” Trump told reporters at Joint Base Andrews, en route to Alamo, Texas."

Trump tries to defend his pre-riot speech as 'totally appropriate' - POLITICO

“As far as this is concerned, we want no violence, never violence, absolutely no violence, and on the impeachment, it’s really a continuation of the greatest witchhunt in the history of politics. It’s ridiculous, it’s absolutely ridiculous, this impeachment is causing tremendous anger, and you’re doing it, and it’s really a terrible thing that they are doing. For Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer to continue on this path, I think it’s causing tremendous danger to our country, and it’s causing tremendous anger. I want no violence, thank you very much.”

Trump Comes Out Of Hiding To Threaten America With Violence (politicususa.com)

"..in the history of politics...."

Edited by Opl
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

deplorable behavior is not an illegal thing, I think you are into wishful thinking here

Trump is going to get away with the impeachment, complete waste of time

and he will run in 2024, let's see what legacy Biden will have then ????

You going to vote for a loser? Do you think the US is in a good place? Are you sick of all the winning?

Gop starting to jump ship. McConnell hates trump. Kinzinger and Cheney have also confirmed they will vote to impeach trump.

• Thanks 1