Trump faces calls for removal, possible impeachment after Capitol chaos

webfact

2 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

IF the GOP and Pence had any balls they should invoke the  25th !

Blocking Trump on  social media  does nothing to stop his damage via executive  orders etc .

their choice is to keep America, Trump's hostage

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Understood, but that's not the path Pelosi is taking.  She's got the articles of impeachment already done.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/election-2020/ct-trump-impeachment-25th-amendment-20210108-z5zn2qi3hbeghkv3ohykgkyotu-story.html

Given the "rules" of impeachment  it  will take too long ! In the longer term if successful in a guilty outcome would remove him from further infliction politically but the urgency is  now!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Trump faces calls for removal, possible impeachment after Capitol chaos

Bit of a waste of time he has already made a conceding statement of handed over power and only has a matter of days to go.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Only a matter of days to go is what they said last week.  Look what happened.  He's mentally unstable. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/mike-lee-tommy-tuberville-trump-misdialed-capitol-riot/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/us-capitol-riots-arrest-pelosi-desk/index.html

Feds say police found a pickup truck full of bombs and guns near Capitol insurrection as wide-ranging investigation unfurls

As I said Trump has conceded already.

The police were at fault for letting the protesters get violet and the person in charge has resigned.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

He's not very wise and doesn't know much about the regulars in the military.  They swear an oath to the constitution, not a president.

I stand corrected. my American friend has gone from the US a long time. I checked and there has been a slight and increasing majority of the military against Trumps action, as recently as late 2020 in a poll. (Not that polls mean much) ????  

19 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'm referring to the man in charge.  The man responsible for this mess.  He hasn't resigned yet.

Well IMO your wrong the police should of dealt with it the same way they dealt with the Black lives matter protests.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

They are being investigated for "Seditious Conspiracy":

Here's the key part of the statute:

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

Since it says 'two persons', thank goodness we have these 2 morons Trump Junior and Giuliani ) . You could probably add Mississippi Senator Hawley - see the photo of him doing his version of Captain America, standing with his clenched fist raised towards the crowd, on his way in to the Senate, prior to the riot. .

Edited by paddypower
spell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Given the "rules" of impeachment  it  will take too long ! In the longer term if successful in a guilty outcome would remove him from further infliction politically but the urgency is  now!

Removal from office is all but impossible. I believe that It needs majority votes to do so, at 3 levels of Govt. ; the Cabinet, Senate and Congress.