Phuket officials clarify rules on wearing face mask while eating, exercising in public

webfact

Phuket officials clarify rules on wearing face mask while eating, exercising in public

By The Phuket News

1610077927_1-org.jpg

Any businesses and service providers found not enforcing COVID-19 protection measures will be caught and prosecuted, Phuket officials have warned.

PHUKET: The Phuket Provincial Government has issued a clarification on the conditions of wearing a face mask while eating or exercising in public areas.

The explanations of what is permissible and what is required follows a provincial order issued yesterday (Jan 7) that requires people to wear a face mask at all times while in public areas.

Failure to wear a face mask in public in Phuket may result  in a fine of up to B20,000, or even a jail term, the order yesterday warned.

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-clarify-rules-on-wearing-face-mask-while-eating-exercising-in-public-78584.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-01-08

Quoted from the link above:

Exercising in public areas

- Avoid exercising in crowded areas.

- Must wear a face mask before and after exercising. Only time mask can be removed is while exercising.

- Must clean hands with sanitiser before and after exercising.

- Must maintain a social distance of at least two metres while exercising.

The annex to the order also noted, “Wearing a mask while exercising is not good for people’s health, so walking is preferred.”

I do remember during the first lock-down (April last year) a senior government doctor said that when "running or cycling" a face mask should not be worn.

The doctor said that a face mask impedes the flow of air into the lungs and can be considered dangerous when exercising.

• Like 1

Observing people over the past few days, in public areas, I would estimate about 70 percent of folks wearing masks. Out of that 70 pecent, only about 30 percent were wearing it correctly. Which means, only 30 percent are wearing a mask. 

Instead of all this useless orders better get out there and test some people and find some infections, if they tell me they found 100 people with covid19 in Phuket I would lock myself in the closet and never come out....! ????

However, so far they said in the last month or so they found 3...!? ????, are you kidding ..., all this for 3 infections...?????? ????????

Finding infections properly and reporting it correctly and accurately would make people follow rules, otherwise who cares...

• Like 2